Has Kopitar now surpassed Toews career?

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
The point was to point out that nationalistic bias should have no place in an objective discussion. It just distracts.

The question was "Has Kopitar now surpassed Toews Career".

One can discuss nationalistic bias objectively, which is what I believe I did by relating the fact that the opinion was established even though I personally disagree with it.

You don't like the fact that I referenced nationalism, period. Objectively speaking, nationalism is a major factor in how players' careers are judged. It's the world we live in. If you have a problem with that you should make a thread detailing how players should be "objectively" judged without reference to nationalism and whatever other criteria you don't like, not get snarky with people who mention a reality of this world you find personally displeasing.

Reactions: SoCalFan

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
The question was "Has Kopitar now surpassed Toews Career".

One can discuss nationalistic bias objectively, which is what I believe I did by relating the fact that the opinion was established even though I personally disagree with it.

You don't like the fact that I referenced nationalism, period. Objectively speaking, nationalism is a major factor in how players' careers are judged. It's the world we live in. If you have a problem with that you should make a thread detailing how players should be "objectively" judged without reference to nationalism and whatever other criteria you don't like, not get snarky with people who mention a reality of this world you find personally displeasing.

Someone's nationality should not be a criteria for player assessment. That should be a no-brainer. Not saying you did this but bringing up nationalism as to why someone prefers a player over another is just lazy arguing by someone who cannot take the time to give someone else's opinion some thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad