Has an end of the season "state of the franchise" presser been announced yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I believe the media avail is 2PM today.

A new thread should be started, don't want what's said to be confused with the fiction here.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I believe the media avail is 2PM today.

A new thread should be started, don't want what's said to be confused with the fiction here.

I bet the 'fiction here' is close to the truth. You could just delete the fiction posts from here though if you wish.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
*Grabs chair*

KpNM7RBDaF-4.png

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Is this the official presser predictions thread?

A few:

-We're not where we need to be but we're getting there.
-This was a bump on the road to greatness.
-The young core (where he includes Jultz and leaves out Yakupov) is already here, we need to add additional pieces around them.
-I have faith in Scrivens.

ugh.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I'm curious if they'll toss out any blame or throw someone under the bus or if they'll just pretend this year was an anomaly and a blip on the radar.

I expect to hear that the goaltending needs to be better next year with little mention of the blueline.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
I'm curious if they'll toss out any blame or throw someone under the bus or if they'll just pretend this year was an anomaly and a blip on the radar.

I expect to hear that the goaltending needs to be better next year with little mention of the blueline.

I was actually thinking MacT will defend Scrivens. Will be interesting to see who the scapegoat is for sure.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

This with the addition of a comment on how a Klefbom - Schultz top pairing next year will improve our defense due to another off season of "development." Will probably mention how Nurse will make our blueline so much better as well.

Kill me. Just kill me now.

Zap Brannigan

May 23, 2004
the mitten stringers in the edmonton media won't ask any hard questions to begin with.

If anything it will be king mitten stringer spector asking why don't they hit more!?!!?!?!?!

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Was anyone listening to leafs lunch? They were ripping the old boys club too!

Some quotes along the lines of

"That owner with his stupid Oakley glasses is never gonna make changes"

" this is why you don't hire your best friends"

"They need to clone shanny"

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
How much will he continue to kiss Eakins ass after Eakins threw him under the bus awhile back saying that he was sold a bill of goods? If MacT had any balls he'd say that he ****ed up in hiring Eakins and that he learned from that mistake.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Yak signing is a smokescreen so the media won't ask any hard questions.

Yeah, very smart. Spend lots of time talking about Yak's big improvements and his bright future with the Oilers instead of talking about all the failings of Lowe and Friends.

Man, if only Lowe and the gang were as good at building a team as they are at deflecting and avoiding blame.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
sometimes I wish a select number of fans could walk into the presser and ask some harder questions. A much better alternative than soft ball stauffer asking about the great success of the future and the stark improvements since January.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
AND SO IT BEGINS....

@Bob_Stauffer·3 mins3 minutes ago
Oilers had multiple issues this season. But these #'s speak volumes: MTL/EDM. Shots/F: 28.5/28.4, Shots/A: 30.1/30.0, GAA 2.24/3.37

Um, so really....if we traded Price for Scrivens, the Oilers would be a 100 point team and the Habs 3rd worst in the league?

Yeah, I don't think so.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
AND SO IT BEGINS....

Oilers had multiple issues this season. But these #'s speak volumes: MTL/EDM. Shots/F: 28.5/28.4, Shots/A: 30.1/30.0, GAA 2.24/3.37

Um, so really....if we traded Price for Scrivens, the Oilers would be a 100 point team and the Habs 3rd worst in the league?

Yeah, I don't think so.

Wow, listening to Stauffer is comical. Maybe he could mention that the Oilers defence doesn't have one player who would crack the Canadiens team. The Habs D is light years better than the Oilers.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
AND SO IT BEGINS....

N
Yeah, I don't think so.

Not surprised by Bob starting what is obviously going to be a useless end of season presser from this team. Keep spinning their wheels in the vain attempt that somehow this team is visually better. At the end of the day wins and losses determine the path of your team. The Oilers regressed from last year, the kids are getting older and the same holes that have plagued the team for years are still the same issues today.
A horrendous organization which starts at the top with rampant cronyism and a MSM that barely asks any hardball questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad