Speculation: Has Adam Oates Been Fired Yet????

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Actually, Beagle's line was wearing the red first line jerseys in practice.

Grabovski - Backstrom - Ovechkin is the second line.

Don't shoot the messenger!

He's not even trying anymore.

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Brouwer
MoJo-Grabo-Kuznetsov
Chimera-Fehr-Ward
?-Latta-Wilson

HOW IS THIS SO HARD?

MoJo + Grabo has never been tried once, add in Kuznetsov and that line has insane speed.

Seriously the worst part about all this crap, is the Rags and Flyers are making the playoffs.

Last edited:

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Winning and being a winner are not the same thing at all.

So what's the entire point of having this label? It's insulting to some players and overhypes other. Time to let this trash go.

Well, this is better than 84-83-8.

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Brouwer
MoJo-Grabo-Kuznetsov
Chimera-Fehr-Ward
?-Latta-Wilson
HOW IS THIS SO HARD?
You've been brainwashed by Oates, Libs. Fehr is a winger and Marcus is a center.

Ovechkin-Grabo-Kuznetsov
Fehr-CaJo-Brouwer
Chimera-MoJo-Ward
Penner-Latta-Wilson.

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
You've been brainwashed by Oates, Libs. Fehr is a winger and Marcus is a center.

Ovechkin-Grabo-Kuznetsov
Fehr-CaJo-Brouwer
Chimera-MoJo-Ward
Penner-Latta-Wilson.

That's the lineup I want to see.

Some other variations I'd try out:

OV - Grabo - Kuz
MoJo - Nicky - Brouwer
Chimera - Fehr - Ward
Penner - Latta/Beags - Wilson

or

OV - Grabo - Kuz
Penner - Nicky - Brouwer
Chimera - Mojo - Ward
Fehr - Latta/Breags - Wilson

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
To be perfectly honest, I think Oates was still in their staff when they went to the finals.
And it's his problem. He tries to cook the same pie with other things.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water

Don't shoot the messenger!

Oates can't be gone soon enough. Is it too much to ask for an experienced coach? Maybe one that would ditch this handedness crap and actually position players in the lineup according to where they have played previously and their strengths? Is that really too much to ask? Mind boggling.............

Watching Nyquist blow by Chara last night reminded me of Ovi's days gone by.

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
That's the lineup I want to see.

Some other variations I'd try out:

OV - Grabo - Kuz
MoJo - Nicky - Brouwer
Chimera - Fehr - Ward
Penner - Latta/Beags - Wilson

or

OV - Grabo - Kuz
Penner - Nicky - Brouwer
Chimera - Mojo - Ward
Fehr - Latta/Breags - Wilson

Fehr has no business being on the 4th line though.

MaximusT

Dec 5, 2008
Any of these line combinations would be infinitely better than anything Oates puts out, and these are all really just COMMON SENSE.

I obviously don't think Oates is this oblivious hockey-wise, being that the guy has over 1000 career points.

So as people have pointed out earlier, he thinks he's this "misunderstood hockey genius". And unfortunately, two short term stellar performances from Ilya Kovalchuk and OV have given him this idea that his phoney handedness strategies really work. Meanwhile, this whole OV to RW thing has been a joke since day one, when literally like 5% of his goals have come from the RW flank.

Please bring in Laviolette.

malyk

Apr 15, 2007
The City by the Bay
I'd definitely keep the 3rd line together. Fehr is settling into the center role pretty well and that line is rolling.

penner-backstrom-ovechkin
kuz-grabo-brouwer
Chimera-Fehr-Ward
beagle-brown-wilson

Penner and backstrom work the boards to get pucks to ovi. Ovi should be more involved in the play, but I don't think that's the system. Mojo can't win a board battle, so he's out. Penner doesn't necessarily fit there, but he's big and strong. Maybe he can win some puck battles.

kuz, grabo, and brouwer should be able to work a team pretty well. Kuz isn't the strongest guy along the boards, but grabo and brouwer should be able to help there and all three of those guys can shoot. Kuz and Grabo can also pass pretty well.

third line keeps going

Not sure what to really do with the 4th line.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
The line combos in the end really won't help unless Oates changes or simplifies his "system"

His ego has gotten to the point where he is hell bent on proving his way will work and thats the main problem.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
JapersRink ‏@JapersRink 1h
Backstrom's quote at the bottom here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...4fffb8-baad-11e3-9a05-c739f29ccb08_story.html It's a trainwreck, and the train was carrying tires which are now on fire.

“We want to do that, but it obviously isn’t going our way, especially for top guys in the defensive zone. We’ve been scored on a lot and that’s not good. That’s not going to win us games,†Nicklas Backstrom said. “For me the effort’s not there, and we’re not working tight together. That’s something we need to get better at; we need to make everyone accountable.â€

Yeah they don't give a **** and probably haven't for a while. Your star center is admitting he's not even trying. May as well trade him. If Oates and GMGM are still running the same sideshow next year he'll probably ask out anyway. And if a tougher coach comes in and makes him work harder than he likes, I'm inclined to think he'd want out because of that, too.

Just trade 19 if he can't be bothered to put in the effort. Why is it OK for him, but we howled about Jagr doing the same ****ing thing?

**** Backstrom. GTFO

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Yeah they don't give a **** and probably haven't for a while. Your star center is admitting he's not even trying. May as well trade him. If Oates and GMGM are still running the same sideshow next year he'll probably ask out anyway. And if a tougher coach comes in and makes him work harder than he likes, I'm inclined to think he'd want out because of that, too.

Just trade 19 if he can't be bothered to put in the effort. Why is it OK for him, but we howled about Jagr doing the same ****ing thing?

**** Backstrom. GTFO

He's saying that in his eyes not everyone is putting fourth the same effot, not that he himself is not putting fourth effort...

Liberati0n*

**** Backstrom. GTFO

I really don't think that's what he meant. I think "for me" is more like "to me."

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I am sure is just me. but this is what I see at least. ov is caught coasting v dallas. theres far more anger at oates for saying ov quit than against ov for the quit. ov says he doesn't have an answer. no anger at ov for not having an answer. backstrom gives an answer and there are calls to dump him.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I really don't think that's what he meant. I think "for me" is more like "to me."

Well that only changes the dispersion pattern of my shotgun blast of contempt and makes it wider so I cover the entire top six.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Look Tx, nobody wants to take a hard critical look at their favorite players. You can see the denial in some posts. Human nature I guess that some can't overcome with objectivity.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012

**** Backstrom. GTFO

:laugh:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Marcus is a center.
False.

**** Backstrom. GTFO

Reading comprehension fail.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
False.

Reading comprehension fail.

Oh, you think he's not including himself? You think Backstrom has been giving 100% even for a full game or period this year?

ALL of those guys on the top 2 lines have been dogging it, including Backstrom, and they can all **** right off for all I care. You guys all ***** and moan about this team sucking and then give a free pass to the laziest players on the team EVEN when they admit that they're being lazy.

Yah, there's some failure going on, but not how you think.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Backstrom can say whatever the **** he wants too, but Ovechkin was on for not many goals against with Beagle and the ones he was on for against during that stretch, 2 of them Backstrom was on the ice for too.

Oates complains about the short handed goal, but why the **** can't Backstrom do anything on the backcheck on the PP? He's in the same exact ****ing spot as Ovechkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad