Post-Game Talk: Harvey's it's a Canadian thing. Habs beat BJs.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
RHP is a good example for kids or anyone to succeed in anything. Not an high pick at all but a working guy who never gave up and learned all the steps to reach an high quality.
Just love his jump and eye for going to the net, and scoring goals.......making the most of a great opportunity.
Definitely will have a crack at the lineup next year, probably not with Suzuki, but has shown he can move up and down the lineup.

Great story. Love to see this happen, at his age!
Belzille is another great story, and he is 31 !!

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Just love his jump and eye for going to the net, and scoring goals.......making the most of a great opportunity.
Definitely will have a crack at the lineup next year, probably not with Suzuki, but has shown he can move up and down the lineup.

Great story. Love to see this happen, at his age!
Belzille is another great story, and he is 31 !!
Yesterday MSL said good things about him like he reads the play very well. He said his work can be usefull on any line, so that means from Suzuki to the 4th line.

And yeah, Belzile too. He's 31.

Reactions: BLONG7

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Some further thoughts about the game!

-It was just Columbus but you really saw the style of play and buy in the guys have on MSL's system. Passes were great and everyone knew where to be. Many times I'd see plays where we'd pass to open ice with the anticipation of a player skating there or a player would hold the puck to buy time for a player to get to a specific spot on the ice. You saw this with Hoffman's pass on RHP's second goal. I've been to a few games throughout the season and this is the one game where this strategy was most evident and it shows the progress they have made in terms of style/system.
-I think this season really disproved the long myth that Montrealers wont support a rebuild. The Bell Centre was really crowded for a game between two bottom dwellers. The energy was there in the crowd and people had a good time even before we exploded in the 2nd. I think it shows people will support the team as long as there is a vision there and the team is fun to watch. This isnt 17/18 or 21/22 (Under Bergevin) when we were hard to watch and a vision wasnt established.
-Dach is such a special player to watch. The passes he was making and how no one could knock him off the puck is great to watch. Can't wait to see his prime.
- I was really skeptical when I saw Hoffman on that top line again but somehow it just works with RHP and Suzuki. Really hope they keep it up and raise his trade value. He's a flawed player but in the right situation could be a cheap pickup for another team needing a sniper.
-You gotta think Anderson and Edmundson will get traded within the next year. Edmundson clearly isnt 100% and had some questionable plays in the defensive zone. For Anderson, a playoff team/contender could use him more than us. With Caufield and Slaf coming back from injury, Ylonen and RHP proving worthy of the NHL and current vets that probably are too hard to move in Hoffman and Gallagher, moving Anderson makes too much sense. Hughes just needs the right return.
-Tierney impresses me for what he brings to the bottom 6. Would like to see him brought back in a 4th line/13th forward role.
-Matheson is a completely different player since coming back from injury. His skating and confidence is something to watch. He created a lot of good offensive chances just from his passing and skating.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Gotta admit, what Marty says is perceptible — I get the feeling they’re a great group of individuals, most are very likeable:

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Suzuki looked to me like he was suffering from
burn-out at one point mid season. Weather physical,,
or just mental. Too much TOI and reponsibity on a
losing team. But he seems to have solved it for himself.
That's a good thing to see in a team leader!

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad