Post-Game Talk: Harvey's it's a Canadian thing. Habs beat BJs.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Suzuki scored his 23rd goal. He's 3 goals away from tying Caufield, who still leads the team with 26.

We'll end the year with only three 20 goal scorers: Caufield, Suzuki & Anderson. Dach needs 6 goals in his next 9 games to hit 20. Doesn't seem likely. Gallagher's day of 20 goals are over. He's going to be in that 10-15 range, if he can stay healthy.

Suzuki with 61 pts leads the team by a lot. Dach is in 2nd place 23 points behind. Geezus, that's nuts.

We're only going to have 2 40 point scorers: Suzuki & Dach, and Dach is still 2 points away. That's bad. Lol

Team played great. Pretty happy for Suzuki. Fun game to watch.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
No it’s not. Caufield was still there and was scoring consistently while Suzuki was barely producing.
They kept trading the goal scoring lead and eventually Caufield went on a hot streak. Suzuki played a big part in that regardless of the points. He was snake bit at the same time as nobody was finishing his set-ups (they were numerous) Including Caufield who should easily have scored three more. :popcorn:

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
They kept trading the goal scoring lead and eventually Caufield went on a hot streak. Suzuki played a big part in that regardless of the points. He was snake bit at the same time as nobody was finishing his set-ups (they were numerous) Including Caufield who should easily have scored three more. :popcorn:
He still had a pretty down december no one can deny.

Point was that his play didn’t drop because he lost Caufield. His play drop every year for a while then he pick it up. Like pretty much every player in a long season but him being a little more consistent would help his points total.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Point was that his play didn’t drop because he lost Caufield. His play drop every year for a while then he pick it up.
I remember it well and a lot of us felt he was injured. (ribs) He stopped shooting the puck altogether and was often seen stretching Stick on shoulders rotating both ways.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hey guys, where is Slajovski? Haven't followed Habs since November.
Were you in one of these? There’s a sports fan version that allows you to evacuate from a toxic eyesore situation for months.

I hear it’s so effective that once you re-emerge and check up on your favorite team, you won’t even be able to remember if it was Slajovski, Slafkovsky or some other phonetic distortion. :sarcasm:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Point was that his play didn’t drop because he lost Caufield. His play drop every year for a while then he pick it up. Like pretty much every player in a long season but him being a little more consistent would help his points total.

If he was well surrounded, he wouldve continued to produce even during his tough stretch. Star players in other teams can rely on other star players. When Kucherov goes through a tough stretch of play, he can still continue racking up points simply by being on the ice with Stamkos, Point, and Hedman. Suzuki didnt have that luxury this year or last year. That should change moving forward with the young offensive talent the habs have been adding and will be adding, so Im pretty confident Suzuki can be a ~ppg player.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
If he was well surrounded, he wouldve continued to produce even during his tough stretch. Star players in other teams can rely on other star players. When Kucherov goes through a tough stretch of play, he can still continue racking up points simply by being on the ice with Stamkos, Point, and Hedman. Suzuki didnt have that luxury this year or last year. That should change moving forward with the young offensive talent the habs have been adding and will add, so Im pretty confident Suzuki can be a ~ppg player.
He maybe could. I’m sure he’s more than a 60 points player, that’s for sure.

The team won’t be very good in the next 2-3 years but we’ll see how he does and if he finds another gear.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Were you in one of these? There’s a sports fan version that allows you to evacuate from a toxic eyesore situation for months.

I hear it’s so effective that once you re-emerge and check up on your favorite team, you won’t even be able to remember if it was Slajovski, Slafkovsky or some other phonetic distortion. :sarcasm:

that pod looks completely useless lol , you might as well just dig a hole and hope for the best

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
It was a Vector.
images

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Dach and Matheson are scary good. The size and mobility combined with offense. Montreal has something special with them. Suzuki with 10 point in last 4 games. This has makings of real good team very soon.

I know it was the worst team in league. But we beat a good team in Tampa. Went toe to toe with very good team in Boston. Next season going to be very exciting for Montreal.

The young defense will have a year experience under its belt. Montreal positioned to have a good draft. Then we have 20 million coming off our cap this summer. Hughes can be very creative with both. Slaf will blossom some day then we all know Dubois wants to play here.

This is very exciting!!!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
that pod looks completely useless lol , you might as well just dig a hole and hope for the best
I've seen worse going over Niagara Falls. :sarcasm:

I was hoping he would do that. That's cool.

Now watching Dach, I am the only one hoping to see him play along Dubois. Big, physical, skilled.
No you are not there is a complete thread dedicated to die hard Duboisians plus another thread or two that tend to get hijacked. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad