Confirmed with Link: Hartley is a Jack Adams finalist

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
If there was anyone but Hartley at the helm this season, I think we would've been in the McDavid sweepstakes. He has to win it.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Hartley will probably win given how the award works these days but I wouldn't have a problem with Vigneault either; he's easily one of the smartest coaches in the league.

The Predators stumbling at the end of the season probably puts Laviolette in third place.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I would've been worried if Maurice was a co-finalist, but I don't think Hartley loses to Vigneault, to be honest. He's a great coach, but he also inherited a team as they hit their prime.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I don't think Laviollette should have been a finalist. Maurice should have been in instead of him.

It'll be Hartley or Vigneault.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Like whadda coach!

To me, I look at all the goalie decisions he's made both in game and out. He's pulled goalies at the right time and we've come back to win (I'd like to see that stat of how many wins we have after pulling a goalie), just look at game 6 versus Vancouver (playoffs I know, but it's an example), he pulls Hiller early after 2 goals where's left him in other games after more. And we win.

He's played line matching like a pro, brought out the most out of young guys and is the cornerstone of the tightness this group has.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Keep in mind that these "finalists" are not really finalists. they are the top 3 finishers.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Huh? Yeah, they're finalists. What are you getting at?
The word finalist insinuates that the voting is done between the 3 "finalists" that is not the case. The 3 "finalists" are just the top 3 in the final voting, technically speaking every coach/player is a finalist for every award as the pool is never actually narrowed down.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
The word finalist insinuates that the voting is done between the 3 "finalists" that is not the case. The 3 "finalists" are just the top 3 in the final voting, technically speaking every coach/player is a finalist for every award as the pool is never actually narrowed down.
I see what you mean, the pool is as big as however many coaches received votes, these are just the top 3.

But to the fans they might as well be considered finalists because they've made it through the voting round and one of these three will win.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I would've been worried if Maurice was a co-finalist, but I don't think Hartley loses to Vigneault, to be honest. He's a great coach, but he also inherited a team as they hit their prime.

I think Maurice would've got in over Laviolette if the Jets didn't get swept

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad