Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Maine Mariners Thread: Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
With the Bingo Devils playing out of Newark, why the hell not put them into the Atlantic to at least make it 4 teams? Don't think I'll be able to watch 15 games vs. Bridgeport and another 15 vs Providence only. Fugly.

I appreciate the AHL for trying and for teams that want to play, but this has more of a rec league feeling to it than the 2nd highest tier of hockey in North America.
I mean the only thing I can think of at this point is that they had the basic breakdown of divisions in place before Binghamton officially decided to play in Newark and was approved to do that. They probably had the divisional framework in place (I had heard about the Northeast thing a couple days prior so it may have been in place for days or weeks) and were just waiting to see who would officially opt-out. One would assume that Springfield would have been the fourth team in the Northeast had they not opted out.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
so the divisions are weird but not going to go crazy until i see the schedule and how the playoffs will work with 5 divisions. i'm assuming they will only play within the division like the nhl but maybe not which makes the unbalanced divisions less important

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
I mean the only thing I can think of at this point is that they had the basic breakdown of divisions in place before Binghamton officially decided to play in Newark and was approved to do that. They probably had the divisional framework in place (I had heard about the Northeast thing a couple days prior so it may have been in place for days or weeks) and were just waiting to see who would officially opt-out. One would assume that Springfield would have been the fourth team in the Northeast had they not opted out.

If the AHL was able to come so far and get 28 teams to play a season in these difficult and trying teams, I believe it would have been peanuts to get the Devils to switch over to the Atlantic. It is what it is, I sure hope it wasn't for a lack of trying or "we forgot". Bummer on Springfield really...

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
so the divisions are weird but not going to go crazy until i see the schedule and how the playoffs will work with 5 divisions. i'm assuming they will only play within the division like the nhl but maybe not which makes the unbalanced divisions less important

Imagine finishing Top 5 in a 3 team division :huh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: nyr2k2

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
yes, there are many ways to see these AHL schedule approaches as suboptimal
but worse, for all concerned, would a completely lost season

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If the AHL was able to come so far and get 28 teams to play a season in these difficult and trying teams, I believe it would have been peanuts to get the Devils to switch over to the Atlantic. It is what it is, I sure hope it wasn't for a lack of trying or "we forgot". Bummer on Springfield really...
Yup, for sure. Which is all the more reason for me to believe that there was a legitimate issue with moving them. Who knows, though. And yeah, Springfield is the big bummer. They were the easy, natural fourth in our division. Unfortunately, as hard as it is on all teams (playing without gate revenues), it's even harder on independent teams like Springfield since they don't have an NHL team/owner bankrolling them.

Reactions: Osminator

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Roster officially announced, the exact 20 guys speculated last few days
18 cuts means (after 6 to Taxi) assigned to Hartford include:
Greco, Brodzinski, Gettinger, Khodorenko, Richards, Rueschhoff, Fontaine,
Crawley, Reuanen, Raddysh,
Huska, Wall ...

joining these guys at HWP are players who weren't in NYR Camp
Ronning, Elmer, Newell (NYR contracts)
Schneider (AHL contract, NYR draftee)
Thompson, McBride, Whelan, O'Leary (AHL signed Fs)
Loverde, Geertsen, Giutarri (AHL signed Ds)

14Fs, 7D(Schneider only til Feb maybe), 2G

FYI 2 F's from last year's HWP team remain unsigned, per EliteProspects
Nick Jones 61 games w Pack, Ryan Dmowski 31 HWP games

JayAB81

Oct 18, 2020
Is there anyway to watch Hartford Wolf Pack games online? Kind of like how MILB has their own streaming service like MLB Extra Innings, or well MLB.tv? Also the taxi squad really helps the Rangers with Adam Huska & Tyler Wall being in Hartford, with Keith Kinkaid being the Taxi Squad Goalie.

As for watching, I'm interested in seeing Schneider play, and Tarmo as well. Plus some of the other younger guys like Khodorenko, Rueschhoff, & Richards.

JayAB81

Oct 18, 2020
joining these guys at HWP are players who weren't in NYR Camp
Ronning, Elmer, Newell (NYR contracts)
Schneider (AHL contract, NYR draftee)
Thompson, McBride, Whelan, O'Leary (AHL signed Fs)
Loverde, Geertsen, Giutarri (AHL signed Ds)

14Fs, 7D(Schneider only til Feb maybe), 2G

FYI 2 F's from last year's HWP team remain unsigned, per EliteProspects
Nick Jones 61 games w Pack, Ryan Dmowski 31 HWP games
Correct if I'm wrong, but the current Wolf Pack roster should look like this right?

12 Players Optioned by Rangers:

Justin Richards
Patrick Khodorenko
Austin Rueschhoff
Anthony Greco
Tim Gettinger
Jonny Brodzinski
Gabriel Fontaine
Tarmo Reunanen
Brandon Crawley
Darren Raddysh
Adam Huska
Tyler Wall

Then other Rangers players

Jacob Elmer
Patrick Newell
Ty Ronning
Braden Schneider

Non Rangers Affiliated Players

Shawn McBride
Mike O'Leary
Alex Whelan
Paul Thompson
Vincent LoVerde
Mason Geertsen
Zach Giuttari

Reactions: egelband and cwede

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Is Robertson now allowed to go to the AHL ?
Read w the WHL season delayed they were giving exceptions

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

I think that is unclear. it sounds like they will be allowed if there is no WHL season but not sure about if there is a delay. the whl said they are planning a 24 game season but no start date. if they start in feb then the quarantine rules returning to canada might not allow him to spend much if anytime in hartford before that.

of course with only a 24 game season, the rangers could just opt to keep him with the taxi squad all year if they don't need the extra spot and you don't burn a year of his contract if he doesn't play 7+ games

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Is there anyway to watch Hartford Wolf Pack games online? Kind of like how MILB has their own streaming service like MLB Extra Innings, or well MLB.tv? Also the taxi squad really helps the Rangers with Adam Huska & Tyler Wall being in Hartford, with Keith Kinkaid being the Taxi Squad Goalie.

As for watching, I'm interested in seeing Schneider play, and Tarmo as well. Plus some of the other younger guys like Khodorenko, Rueschhoff, & Richards.

https://www.watchtheahl.com/#/

Reactions: JayAB81

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Yes, he can go to the AHL until the WHL starts. That's what Schneider is doing. He signed an AHL deal so he can play in the AHL until the WHL season starts.

Robertson is already under NHL contract, so the Rangers are keeping him on the taxi squad for now so he can keep practicing with the team and maybe get some NHL games. Maybe they send him to the AHL at some point, but more likely he'll just be with the Rangers until the WHL starts. Both the AHL and WHL are going to play a very low amount of games, so there probably won't be much opportunity to play in both leagues in any case.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Yes, he can go to the AHL until the WHL starts. That's what Schneider is doing. He signed an AHL deal so he can play in the AHL until the WHL season starts.

Robertson is already under NHL contract, so the Rangers are keeping him on the taxi squad for now so he can keep practicing with the team and maybe get some NHL games. Maybe they send him to the AHL at some point, but more likely he'll just be with the Rangers until the WHL starts. Both the AHL and WHL are going to play a very low amount of games, so there probably won't be much opportunity to play in both leagues in any case.

Pretty sure if he plays an nhl game the contract can’t slide so AHL makes sense to me if he’s allowed

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Pretty sure if he plays an nhl game the contract can’t slide so AHL makes sense to me if he’s allowed

With robertson I think the rangers will send him to the ahl as soon as they start games. having both him and Schneider there will be great for their development.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I thought it was 8 + 9 - or am i thinking of Bitetto and his expansion eligibility.

Normally, the ELC starts to count for slide eligible players once they have played their 10th NHL game of the season. Due to the shortened schedule, that number is now 7. So Robertson can play 6 games without triggering it.

The numbers for expansion are 27 and 54. Players need to play 27 games this year, or 54 games over this year and last year, to meet the requirements. Teams have to expose 2 forwards and 1 dman who meets those requirements.

Bitetto played 51 games last year, so he only needs to play 3 games this year to qualify.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Normally, the ELC starts to count for slide eligible players once they have played their 10th NHL game of the season. Due to the shortened schedule, that number is now 7. So Robertson can play 6 games without triggering it.

The numbers for expansion are 27 and 54. Players need to play 27 games this year, or 54 games over this year and last year, to meet the requirements. Teams have to expose 2 forwards and 1 dman who meets those requirements.

Bitetto played 51 games last year, so he only needs to play 3 games this year to qualify.

Awesome thanks for clearing that up! I'm gonna make a sticky note with that info so i don't have to ask again

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad