Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Maine Mariners Thread: Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Pack break it open with total domination and six goals in the third winning 7-2. Richards coming out of the box gets the puck thrown down the ice. He passes back to Reunanen who shoots and Sanchez tips it in. Reunanen is excellent in getting the puck past the defender. Almost never has the puck blocked. Shortly after that Ronning makes a nice chip past the defenseman and Gettinger and Richards break in 2-1. When defenseman takes Richards Gettinger wrists it in. Shortly after that Reuschhoff gets pass in the middle of the ice and breaks through the two defensemen. His backhand is stopped but he is hacked and draws a penalty. On the PP Reunanen makes a great pass to Gettinger who gets a hat trick with no one in the arena to throw a hat. Then Cuylle has the stick slashed out of his hands. On the PP Raddysh shot from point goes in from Sanchez and Reuschhoff. Then Barron carries the puck and gets the puck to Greco who finds Newell breaking in clear and Newell scores. Pack scoring faster than I can type. Raddysh pass in defensive zone misses Cuylle and Bode Wilde snaps one in from 40 feet out beating Wall. Shortly after that terrific work by Gettinger and Ronning get the puck to Hunter Skinner who blasts it home for his first AHL goal. Patrick Seiloff covers the puck in the crease and Tymashov gets a penalty shot that Wall stops. Final shots 34-22 Pack. Probably best game in pro career for Gettinger who was very good. Several multiple point players including Reunanen, Ronning, Greco and Newell.

Before you get to excited Bridgeport only has won 3 games this year and is not very good. Let's see how the Pack do in the remaining 4 games against Providence.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
As you know from watching AHLTV it is sometimes hard to determine whether the goalie should have stopped the puck but it looked to me that Wall should have had both goals scored against him. He made a great save but only after giving up a rebound. I'm definitely not a goalie scout but he is nowhere near ready for the NHL at this time.
Congrats to Tyler Wall on posting a SV% above .900 for the first time. LOL.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
As you know from watching AHLTV it is sometimes hard to determine whether the goalie should have stopped the puck but it looked to me that Wall should have had both goals scored against him. He made a great save but only after giving up a rebound. I'm definitely not a goalie scout but he is nowhere near ready for the NHL at this time.

Totally 100% with you on this. Great stop on the penalty shot and a few "tough" saves, but those two, surely he wantes em back.

This Bridgeport goalie Skarek though... phew. Poor kid. 1-7-0, 3.80 GAA and a 0.881 Save % this season...

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Skarek kept Bridgeport in the game for the first two periods. It's hard to know how much of the third period was on him. Bridgeport is not very good. (I'm trying very hard to avoid saying the team really sucks.)
Totally 100% with you on this. Great stop on the penalty shot and a few "tough" saves, but those two, surely he wantes em back.

This Bridgeport goalie Skarek though... phew. Poor kid. 1-7-0, 3.80 GAA and a 0.881 Save % this season...

Reactions: Osminator

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Yeah I always mention in my condemnation of the Lindbom pick that I was okay with taking a goalie, and if I did it would have been Skarek. :laugh:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
@Ranger Ric thank you for all your write-ups.

Btw, when I read your longer posts I feel a bit like I’m reading chapters from The Basketball Diaries.

(But without all the monkey business).

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad