Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Cincinnati Cyclones Thread: Part XV

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
Reactions: egelband

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Newell replaces former Ranger pick Ryan Gropp for Stjernen this season (Gropp lost his father and wanted to take time off hockey this season). As Stjernen is my hometown team and looks to be a decent team this season I will try to go to a match or two even if the arena is shit and a PITA to get to.

big time bust should choose another career. and this is the guy they got for Carl Hagelin. awful scouting

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
big time bust should choose another career. and this is the guy they got for Carl Hagelin. awful scouting

no we got emerson etem for hahelin and a 2nd.

etem was by far the bigger mistake, which basically everyone new at the time of the deal except the front office. A second round pick is a crapshoot. This one didnt work out. Sucks but happens frequently to draft picks.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
no we got emerson etem for hahelin and a 2nd.

etem was by far the bigger mistake, which basically everyone new at the time of the deal except the front office. A second round pick is a crapshoot. This one didnt work out. Sucks but happens frequently to draft picks.

still awful scouting

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
So on paper what’s the projected forwards in Hartford ?

I can guess the D and G
Without looking up stuff, these guys are likely
Richards,Paju, Khodo, Ruesch, Geertsen, Getts, Barron, Ronning, Elmer?, McKegg, Greco, Brodz
Dunno if Sanchez AHL deal last spring included a full season too

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
FYI Berzolla, after not dressing for Pack,
did get in almost 20 pro/ECHL games
Zach Berzolla at eliteprospects.com
2020-2021 Florida Everblades
ECHL 15 1 2 3 37 5
Playoffs 4 0 1 1 2 0

Neuber Returns and Berzolla Bolsters Back End
06 May 2021
"Berzolla, 22, signed a PTO with the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) on Mar. 25 but did not appear in a game. The 6-foot-2, 196-pound blueliner recently played four years at Colorado College where he earned a reputation as a reliable defenseman and stalwart shot blocker. Berzolla blocked 68 shots in 23 games with the Tigers this season, placing him first in the NCHC and fourth in the nation. The Howell, New Jersey native also ranked second in the NCAA with 2.96 blocks per game.
Berzolla’s ability to clog shooting lanes extends beyond his senior season. The defenseman finished eighth nationally as a junior in the 2019-20 season with 77 blocked shots, and he placed ninth in the NCAA as a sophomore in 2018-19 with 83 blocked shots.
Prior to his time with Colorado College, Berzolla skated with the Muskegon Lumberjacks of the United States Hockey League for three seasons. His best year came as an 18-year-old with Muskegon when he posted four goals, 16 assists, and a +20 rating."

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Given their appearance at the Rangers development camp it would appear that Whelan, O'Leary, Berzolla, Sanchez and Guittari are likely to be signed to AHL contracts to provide some depth in Hartford. Whelan only played in 10 of the 24 games making little impact. O'Leary played in 16 games as a fourth line center. Nothing offensively but skated hard and decent in fourth line role. As cwede said, Berzolla was signed after the college season and never got into a game. Giuttari played in all but two games. He was adequate as an AHL defensemen. Not that physical but seemed to play position. He received power play minutes after Reunanen was called up and didn't do very well. Sanchez also signed after the NCAA season and got into 8 games scoring 5 points. There was one game where I think it was Reuschhoff, Cullye and Sanchez played on a line together and were effective when they got the puck down low. But the coach didn't stay with that line and after a pretty good start he sat out a couple of games. Unclear whether injury or healthy scratch. Sanchez had an excellent junior year at Arizona State scoring 40 points in 36 games. But Arizona State had a down year last year with Sanchez scoring 16 points in 26 games. Of the five players he seems to me to be the most interesting.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Very interested to see how Hartford manages the Jones vs Reunanen competition for powerplay minutes.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Very interested to see how Hartford manages the Jones vs Reunanen competition for powerplay minutes.

Given the roster, I wouldn't be surprised to see 3F/2D on the top unit.

Jones and Reunanen may quickly establish themselves as the top two PP players on the team. Would be a waste to only use one of them 30-45 seconds a powerplay.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
In the last season Knoblouch gave each of the two PPs a relatively equal amount of time sometimes starting PP2 as the first unit. If he handles the PPs the same way I don't think you need to worry about players getting shortchanged for PP time.

Given the roster, I wouldn't be surprised to see 3F/2D on the top unit.

Jones and Reunanen may quickly establish themselves as the top two PP players on the team. Would be a waste to only use one of them 30-45 seconds a powerplay.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

MA guy (of course) who played MA prep hockey before playing four years at Brown. Then he spent a couple years playing limited games in the ECHL before retiring.

He went right into hockey work as an AC at Stone Hill College, then as a scout for the Islanders for a year, AC and HC of Tabor Academy for a year each, then the last three seasons as Director of Hockey Ops for Northeastern.

His LinkedIn also shows he has held a couple sales jobs and other random things including being CEO of Bears Moving Service which he started in college I guess. Good on him, as an HR professional I'd really love to see his full CV or resume. :laugh:

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Seems like a thinking-outside-the-box hire. Very good to see. Even if it doesn’t necessarily pan out completely I like the team showing an open mind. It’s good to get new blood into the industry.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Seems like a thinking-outside-the-box hire. Very good to see. Even if it doesn’t necessarily pan out completely I like the team showing an open mind. It’s good to get new blood into the industry.
Yeah like with Midgley. They are incorporating some newer guys with the veteran guys.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
upload_2021-9-17_16-26-14.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: