Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Cincinnati Cyclones Thread: Part XV

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Can the Rangers bring guys up to practice with the parent club without it counting against the transactions cap?

I'm not the expert on this BUT there's two ways:

1 - If a player is called up to the Taxi Squad, I don't believe that is considered an official call up because the Taxi Squad is essentially purgatory. I believe that Taxi Squad players can practice with the NHL squad.

2 - The Rangers have up to 4 callups to the NHL team after the trade deadline

That said, if you're talking specifically about Cuylle, I don't believe he can go to either Taxi or NHL callup because I believe he is playing with Hartford on some sort of non-NHL contract. It's a special arrangement allowed due to no Juniors season. So, I don't think there's anyway for Cuylle to practice with the NYR unless they decide to sign him to an ELC after HFD season is over. I am not up on the calculations as to whether signing Cuylle at this juncture makes sense. Likely not though.

That said, kids like Barron, Reunanen and any of the ELC two-way contract guys can be called up to taxi or NHL squad.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Hasn't look out of place. Decent size and wheels allows him to keep up and be effective at this level. Not necessarily a stand out but he already has the size and skating ability to play at this level at his age. Has an above average shot for this level. He's been fairly effective along the walls which is a great sign for a kid his age. He plays a fairly responsible game. The other thing is -- he's not one of these prospects who comes to the pro game and has to completely remake his playing style. He came pro-style ready.

He's played a fair amount of the games for the Wolfpack but has also been scratched a bit lately. He's often playing with the 3rd line AHLers -- so he's often playing alongside guys who are going to grind plays out. He's not playing with really skilled guys. So, he's only got 5 pts in 12 or 13 games.

If there's a negative to this season for him, I would say it's that his game has leveled off. He started off strong and I'm not sure I've seen marked improvement throughout the year. I think he's been decent all along. But I would not see he's getting more dominant. And the scouting report on him when he was drafted is that he plays with an edge. I haven't necessarily seen edge, but he's not shy physically. Some of that may just be a strength/energy issue that can plague teenagers playing against men for the first time.

It will be interesting to see where he plays next year as he could possibly come to the Pack again or go back for a D+2 overage year assuming there's a somewhat normal Juniors season next year. There's an argument to be made for either approach. It might be nice for him to go back to Juniors so he can grow more confidence in his offensive game. Then again, if he gains more strength, going back to Juniors may not be as fruitful as playing against men again.

I think for him his training will be really important. I hope he gets to train with pro guys this off-season and builds up his strength and speed.

To sum up: there's plenty to be encouraged by. He seems to be on a path towards one day being a bottom 6 NHLer. Though, I doubt that happens next year. At minimum, my guess is 22-23 season or later. Which is likely better for the Rangers too.
Thank you for the well thought out and informed analysis! He’s an interesting player. I’m not too worried about him plateauing at all because in a regular year he’d be playing against guys his own age in the O so for him to not be looking completely out of place right now is encouraging.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
...It will be interesting to see where he plays next year as he could possibly come to the Pack again or go back for a D+2 overage year assuming there's a somewhat normal Juniors season next year...

Hi, thanks for the observations,
FYI not sure you are correct about Cuylle's options for next year
My understanding of rules (see below) is that to be eligible for AHL,
he must either turn 20 in '21., OR have played 4 years of Major Junior

Will Cuylle Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
THIS season would have only been Cuylle's 3rd CHL/OHL season,
and he was born in '02

Schnieder will meet both of the criteria,
but it seems Cuylle won't meet either ....

i will be glad to be corrected if i am missing something, thanks

How Does The NHL-CHL Agreement work? experience to be play in the AHL..."
"Players drafted and playing for CHL teams are ineligible to play in the professional minor leagues (AHL, ECHL) until they are 20 years old (by December 31st of that year) or have completed four years in major juniors"

Last edited:

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Hi, thanks for the observations,
FYI not sure you are correct about Cuylle's options for next year
My understanding of rules (see below) is that to be eligible for AHL,
he must either turn 20 in '21., OR have played 4 years of Major Junior

Will Cuylle Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
THIS season would have only been Cuylle's 3rd CHL/OHL season,
and he was born in '02

Schnieder will meet both of the criteria,
but it seems Cuylle won't meet either ....

i will be glad to be corrected if i am missing something, thanks

How Does The NHL-CHL Agreement work? experience to be play in the AHL..."
"Players drafted and playing for CHL teams are ineligible to play in the professional minor leagues (AHL, ECHL) until they are 20 years old (by December 31st of that year) or have completed four years in major juniors"

You are def more the expert on this than I am. That'll be interesting if Cuylle goes back to Junior.

That said, I do wonder if there be any exceptions made for any of the kids who already played Pro hockey this year due to Covid.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
You are def more the expert on this than I am. That'll be interesting if Cuylle goes back to Junior.
That said, I do wonder if there be any exceptions made for any of the kids who already played Pro hockey this year due to Covid.

not a deep expert, compared to many folks here,
but the topic was discussed, re Schneider, recently

Major Junior Hockey might push back against an exception,
they want fans, and competitive hockey, back next year.

FYI while on topic,
Skinner CAN play AHL next year, wasn't drafted from Major Junior
(was NCAA bound at time of '19 draft, then chose OHL instead)
so different rules (like JT Miller, as has been cited here)
(although, also, Skinner turns 20 in ~10 days)

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
not a deep expert, compared to many folks here,
but the topic was discussed, re Schneider, recently

Major Junior Hockey might push back against an exception,
they want fans, and competitive hockey, back next year.

FYI while on topic,
Skinner CAN play AHL next year, wasn't drafted from Major Junior
(was NCAA bound at time of '19 draft, then chose OHL instead)
so different rules (like JT Miller, as has been cited here)
(although, also, Skinner turns 20 in ~10 days)

See, you are an expert! Er, more so than you realize.

In any case, it's almost as if someone knew something because look who just signed today... Mr. Will Cuylle.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
See, you are an expert! Er, more so than you realize.

In any case, it's almost as if someone knew something because look who just signed today... Mr. Will Cuylle.

very often, these boards are my school

re Cuylle, yeah great timing,
as my grandmother would have said
"his (Cuylle or Gorts) ears must have been buzzing"
ie he/they knew they were being talked about ..

Reactions: egelband

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
As usual I agree with gravey9. At the mid point of the season I rated him as the 3rd best prospect in Hartford. I see him as a bottom 2 line winger.

I would only add two points. First, he was scratched for 3 games in late March and early April but he has played the last five games. I do agree that his game dipped a little before he was scratched but that could have been in part how he was used. He had an excellent game against Providence getting two points, a primary assist winning a board battle and getting the puck back to the point for a shot that went in and scoring a goal by finding a soft spot and rifling a shot. He has been playing with Khodorenko and Thompson over the last few games and that line has been relatively effective. Second, although he has five points in 13 games he doesn't play power play so all of his points are five on five. And his five on five points per game is not that far from the top of the Hartford scoring board. I hope to have a post up tomorrow on Pack scoring that will be a further reason to tap the breaks on some of the Hartford players. But for a 19 year old he is doing fine and it's not surprising that the Rangers signed him.

Hasn't look out of place. Decent size and wheels allows him to keep up and be effective at this level. Not necessarily a stand out but he already has the size and skating ability to play at this level at his age. Has an above average shot for this level. He's been fairly effective along the walls which is a great sign for a kid his age. He plays a fairly responsible game. The other thing is -- he's not one of these prospects who comes to the pro game and has to completely remake his playing style. He came pro-style ready.

He's played a fair amount of the games for the Wolfpack but has also been scratched a bit lately. He's often playing with the 3rd line AHLers -- so he's often playing alongside guys who are going to grind plays out. He's not playing with really skilled guys. So, he's only got 5 pts in 12 or 13 games.

If there's a negative to this season for him, I would say it's that his game has leveled off. He started off strong and I'm not sure I've seen marked improvement throughout the year. I think he's been decent all along. But I would not see he's getting more dominant. And the scouting report on him when he was drafted is that he plays with an edge. I haven't necessarily seen edge, but he's not shy physically. Some of that may just be a strength/energy issue that can plague teenagers playing against men for the first time.

It will be interesting to see where he plays next year as he could possibly come to the Pack again or go back for a D+2 overage year assuming there's a somewhat normal Juniors season next year. There's an argument to be made for either approach. It might be nice for him to go back to Juniors so he can grow more confidence in his offensive game. Then again, if he gains more strength, going back to Juniors may not be as fruitful as playing against men again.

I think for him his training will be really important. I hope he gets to train with pro guys this off-season and builds up his strength and speed.

To sum up: there's plenty to be encouraged by. He seems to be on a path towards one day being a bottom 6 NHLer. Though, I doubt that happens next year. At minimum, my guess is 22-23 season or later. Which is likely better for the Rangers too.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
It was painful to watch Bridgeport shut out the Wolfpack on Saturday. But Bob Crawford did make one interesting point that led me to the research I am presenting. He said that Hartford was number 1 in the AHL in power play percentage at 30%. As of today the team is tied with Cleveland at 29.9%. And I think he said that the Pack were 14 out of the previous 26 chances coming into Saturday’s game. The 30%, let alone the recent over 50% figures are crazy and not sustainable. So the question is in looking at our prospects how well are they doing at 5 on 5 play, which probably gives a better sense of a prospect than including unsustainable power play statistics.

I calculated the 5 on 5 statistics for the prospects with NHL contracts — excludes AHL contracts and NHL veterans. These numbers probably present a more realistic statistic for our prospects. For several of the prospects these numbers were discouraging. Here are the results with some comments as ranked by scoring leaders.
  1. Morgan Barron — Barron has scored 17 in 18 games leading the team in scoring. Seven points on the PP and 10 at 5x5 giving him a 5x5/game % of .56. Barron has 9 goals and 8 assists. He’s got a very good quick wrister accounting for most of his goals but he only has 6 assists in 18 games in 5x5 play. I think this supports the point that those of us who have watched some or all of the games that he is not driving play as much as I would have thought was possible.
  2. Ty Ronning — Ronning has 15 points in only 12 games. It is puzzling that he was scratched for six games. 9 of his points are at 5x5 giving him a 5x5% of .75. Ronning leads the Pack in 5x5 points per game %. So he is not padding his statistics on the PP.
  3. Tarmu Reunanen — Reunanen has 14 points in 18 games. Since he runs PP1 I assumed that he had lots of PP points. But he only has 4. So he has the same number of 5x5 points as Barron and is tied with Barron for second in team 5x5 points per game. That’s pretty impressive for a defenseman.
  4. Darren Raddysh — Raddysh has tied Reunanen with 14 points in 18 games. But unlike Reuananen he has scored most of them, 9, on the PP. That he has scored that many PP points is not surprising since he is the point man on PP2, which has been more successful lately than PP1. So Raddysh’s 5x5 points per game is .278 ranking well down the list. Raddysh can choose to be a free agent at the end of the season. With Schneider and Skinner likely playing in Hartford there doesn't appear to be much room for Raddysh and I would guess he would opt for free agency and look for a better opportunity.
  5. Tim Gettinger — From a numbers point of view it looks like Gettinger is doing OK with 13 points in 18 games. But Gettinger has 6 points on the PP giving him 7 on 5x5 for a 5x5% of .389. Of his 7 goals, 5 have been on the PP and 1 was an empty net goal. So he has 1 goal during 5x5 play. These numbers show his performance is less impressive for a 3rd year player that you would hope.
  6. Patrick Newell — Newell ranks 9th on the team in scoring with 9 points in 18 games. Since he plays on PP1 I assumed that he would have lots of PP points. But he only has 2. That’s not very impressive. He is tied with Gettinger in 5x5 points per game %
  7. Justin Richards — Richards has 9 points in 15 games. He has 2 PP assists and one short handed goal. His 6 5x5 points gives him a 5x5 points per game percentage of .4 Richards is a hard worked but he is not going to give you a lot of points.
  8. Patrick Khodorenko — Khodorenko has 7 points in 16 games but no PP points. So his 5x5 points per game % is .4375, 4th highest among the prospects.
  9. Austin Reuschhoff — I’ve been a Reuschhoff fan. He’s generated 36 shots on net, 4th on the team. And he has played an important role when he was added to PP2 a few games ago by using that big body in front of the net to screen the goalie. But he only has 6 points in 17 games, 3 of which were on the PP. So his 5x5 points per game % is only ,176. He needs to produce more.
  10. Will Cuylle — There was a debate by posters on how well Cuylle is doing. He has five points in 13 games, none on the PP as the coaches do not play him on the PP. So his 5x5 points per game % is .385 about the same as Gettinger and Newell who are 4+ years older. That % is more impressive that one would think just looking at his point total. He only has generated 9 shots on goal. Clearly you would like to see more. But for a 19 year old he is doing fine on the score sheet, which is consistent with his play.
I hope this analysis provides some additional insight into how the prospects are doing as we had into the final 6 games of the season.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
...Bob Crawford did make one interesting point that led me to the research I am presenting. He said that Hartford was number 1 in the AHL in power play percentage at 30%. As of today the team is tied with Cleveland at 29.9%. And I think he said that the Pack were 14 out of the previous 26 chances coming into Saturday’s game. The 30%, let alone the recent over 50% figures are crazy and not sustainable...

thanks for this RR
it did seem that, during the 7 game winning streak, the PP was dominant, so i also did some research
Mar 25 PRO 4-2 2 PPgoals
Mar 27 BRI 5-2 2 PPgoals 1 SHgoal
Apr 2 BRI 5-2 4 PPgoals
Apr 7 BRI 7-2 3 PPgoals
Apr 10 PRO 6-1 3 PPgoals
Apr 13 BRI 5-4
Apr 15 BRI 4-2 2 PPgoals 1 ENgoal
7 wins, 36 goals, 16 PPGoals, 1SH, 1EN

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
It was painful to watch Bridgeport shut out the Wolfpack on Saturday. But Bob Crawford did make one interesting point that led me to the research I am presenting. He said that Hartford was number 1 in the AHL in power play percentage at 30%. As of today the team is tied with Cleveland at 29.9%. And I think he said that the Pack were 14 out of the previous 26 chances coming into Saturday’s game. The 30%, let alone the recent over 50% figures are crazy and not sustainable. So the question is in looking at our prospects how well are they doing at 5 on 5 play, which probably gives a better sense of a prospect than including unsustainable power play statistics.

I calculated the 5 on 5 statistics for the prospects with NHL contracts — excludes AHL contracts and NHL veterans. These numbers probably present a more realistic statistic for our prospects. For several of the prospects these numbers were discouraging. Here are the results with some comments as ranked by scoring leaders.
  1. Morgan Barron — Barron has scored 17 in 18 games leading the team in scoring. Seven points on the PP and 10 at 5x5 giving him a 5x5/game % of .56. Barron has 9 goals and 8 assists. He’s got a very good quick wrister accounting for most of his goals but he only has 6 assists in 18 games in 5x5 play. I think this supports the point that those of us who have watched some or all of the games that he is not driving play as much as I would have thought was possible.
  2. Ty Ronning — Ronning has 15 points in only 12 games. It is puzzling that he was scratched for six games. 9 of his points are at 5x5 giving him a 5x5% of .75. Ronning leads the Pack in 5x5 points per game %. So he is not padding his statistics on the PP.
  3. Tarmu Reunanen — Reunanen has 14 points in 18 games. Since he runs PP1 I assumed that he had lots of PP points. But he only has 4. So he has the same number of 5x5 points as Barron and is tied with Barron for second in team 5x5 points per game. That’s pretty impressive for a defenseman.
  4. Darren Raddysh — Raddysh has tied Reunanen with 14 points in 18 games. But unlike Reuananen he has scored most of them, 9, on the PP. That he has scored that many PP points is not surprising since he is the point man on PP2, which has been more successful lately than PP1. So Raddysh’s 5x5 points per game is .278 ranking well down the list. Raddysh can choose to be a free agent at the end of the season. With Schneider and Skinner likely playing in Hartford there doesn't appear to be much room for Raddysh and I would guess he would opt for free agency and look for a better opportunity.
  5. Tim Gettinger — From a numbers point of view it looks like Gettinger is doing OK with 13 points in 18 games. But Gettinger has 6 points on the PP giving him 7 on 5x5 for a 5x5% of .389. Of his 7 goals, 5 have been on the PP and 1 was an empty net goal. So he has 1 goal during 5x5 play. These numbers show his performance is less impressive for a 3rd year player that you would hope.
  6. Patrick Newell — Newell ranks 9th on the team in scoring with 9 points in 18 games. Since he plays on PP1 I assumed that he would have lots of PP points. But he only has 2. That’s not very impressive. He is tied with Gettinger in 5x5 points per game %
  7. Justin Richards — Richards has 9 points in 15 games. He has 2 PP assists and one short handed goal. His 6 5x5 points gives him a 5x5 points per game percentage of .4 Richards is a hard worked but he is not going to give you a lot of points.
  8. Patrick Khodorenko — Khodorenko has 7 points in 16 games but no PP points. So his 5x5 points per game % is .4375, 4th highest among the prospects.
  9. Austin Reuschhoff — I’ve been a Reuschhoff fan. He’s generated 36 shots on net, 4th on the team. And he has played an important role when he was added to PP2 a few games ago by using that big body in front of the net to screen the goalie. But he only has 6 points in 17 games, 3 of which were on the PP. So his 5x5 points per game % is only ,176. He needs to produce more.
  10. Will Cuylle — There was a debate by posters on how well Cuylle is doing. He has five points in 13 games, none on the PP as the coaches do not play him on the PP. So his 5x5 points per game % is .385 about the same as Gettinger and Newell who are 4+ years older. That % is more impressive that one would think just looking at his point total. He only has generated 9 shots on goal. Clearly you would like to see more. But for a 19 year old he is doing fine on the score sheet, which is consistent with his play.
I hope this analysis provides some additional insight into how the prospects are doing as we had into the final 6 games of the season.

This is good. Nice work.

It seems to match up with what I have been seeing when watching the Pack, though I must admit I have not been able to watch every game cause the 1:00PM start time is rough.

I have felt that, while Barron is good, and probably the best forward on the Pack, Reunanen is the best player on the team. And Ronning has been good since getting into the lineup.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Thanks for providing the details.

I realized that some people would look at the numbers and think that Hartford is really good. As a Ranger fan I want every prospect to be an NHL all-star. But when you watch the games your feelings are tempered. There are some interesting prospects but I still think we need to tap the brakes on some of the projections for these players. I hope the analysis did that.

I also was in a sour mood when I wrote this having watched the Rangers not show up for such an important game and see the coach say that Bitetto gave the team a better chance of winning that Hajek. Maybe he thought if he played Hajek the score would have been 8-1.

thanks for this RR
it did seem that, during the 7 game winning streak, the PP was dominant, so i also did some research
Mar 25 PRO 4-2 2 PPgoals
Mar 27 BRI 5-2 2 PPgoals 1 SHgoal
Apr 2 BRI 5-2 4 PPgoals
Apr 7 BRI 7-2 3 PPgoals
Apr 10 PRO 6-1 3 PPgoals
Apr 13 BRI 5-4
Apr 15 BRI 4-2 2 PPgoals 1 ENgoal
7 wins, 36 goals, 16 PPGoals, 1SH, 1EN

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
This is good. Nice work.

Being retired the 1:00 PM starts are perfect for me!!

I would have Ronning as my MVP but I like Reunanen a lot and believe he can play in the NHL. I just don't see how he beats out Miller, Lindgren, Jones, and Robertson. I also like Barron a great deal and believe he can play in the NHL but when I read comments by posters who have not watched the games I think they have an unrealistic view of him. He projects much higher than Ronning but he needs to improve on his quickness.

It seems to match up with what I have been seeing when watching the Pack, though I must admit I have not been able to watch every game cause the 1:00PM start time is rough.

I have felt that, while Barron is good, and probably the best forward on the Pack, Reunanen is the best player on the team. And Ronning has been good since getting into the lineup.

Reactions: MrAlmost

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Hartford at Providence. Huska starts in goal with Wall as the backup. 20 players listed out for warmup so don't yet know scratches. Skinner and Reuschhoff are skating. Sanchez is not.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
2-0 Pack after 1. Pretty even period until Providence takes a penalty with about 4 minutes to go. Reunanen wrists a shot from the point and Barron tips it in. Soon after Gettinger makes a nice defensive play and is able to force the puck into the Providence zone. He gets the puck over to Ronning who blasts it home from the slot. Shots are 12-8 Pack. All four lines created chances and Huska solid in goal making several good saves.

Of the 3 arenas Providence is by far the worst to watch a game. Very hard to see the play around the goals and I didn't see either puck go in.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
2-0 Pack after 1. Pretty even period until Providence takes a penalty with about 4 minutes to go. Reunanen wrists a shot from the point and Barron tips it in. Soon after Gettinger makes a nice defensive play and is able to force the puck into the Providence zone. He gets the puck over to Ronning who blasts it home from the slot. Shots are 12-8 Pack. All four lines created chances and Huska solid in goal making several good saves.

Of the 3 arenas Providence is by far the worst to watch a game. Very hard to see the play around the goals and I didn't see either puck go in.
that's not Providence you're watching... they're in Marlboro until the end of May

Reactions: Ranger Ric

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Dealing with after effects of 2nd Dose of Moderna so catching some of this HWP game.

2-0 Pack after 1. Morgan Barron, Ty Ronning with the goals so far.

Barron's goal was on the PP. Because of the really low angles of the game, we got an interesting perspective on this goal. PP just started, puck went back to Reunanen. He had two options, pass to the half-wall or shoot. There was a sea of guys in front. Felt like 6 guys in total. Barron was the Pack player closest to Tarmo. Tarmo shoots towards the sea of guys just soft enough for Barron to deflect it. And the puck made its way through everyone. It was a smart little skill play. A flash of skill from both players that was quite subtle. Barron otherwise had a pretty quiet period.

Ronning's goal came less than a min later. Gettinger caused a turn over at their own blue line. Turned it up ice did all the work in the offensive zone corner and passed it to the high slot where Ronning did a good job keeping himself open. He got the puck and waited out the defender and roofed a shot. A really nice shot. His ability to get open on that play was Panarin lite reminiscent. He found open ice in a dangerous area, didn't rush the shot once he got the puck and then a really nice snipe. When you have a shot like that you don't have to rush the shot.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Feel better.

8 minutes to go in the 2nd. Still 2-0. Barron with several good chances, best game in a while. Gettinger with several good plays including great feed to Richards who is stopped.

Dealing with after effects of 2nd Dose of Moderna so catching some of this HWP game.

2-0 Pack after 1. Morgan Barron, Ty Ronning with the goals so far.

Barron's goal was on the PP. Because of the really low angles of the game, we got an interesting perspective on this goal. PP just started, puck went back to Reunanen. He had two options, pass to the half-wall or shoot. There was a sea of guys in front. Felt like 6 guys in total. Barron was the Pack player closest to Tarmo. Tarmo shoots towards the sea of guys just soft enough for Barron to deflect it. And the puck made its way through everyone. It was a smart little skill play. A flash of skill from both players that was quite subtle. Barron otherwise had a pretty quiet period.

Ronning's goal came less than a min later. Gettinger caused a turn over at their own blue line. Turned it up ice did all the work in the offensive zone corner and passed it to the high slot where Ronning did a good job keeping himself open. He got the puck and waited out the defender and roofed a shot. A really nice shot. His ability to get open on that play was Panarin lite reminiscent. He found open ice in a dangerous area, didn't rush the shot once he got the puck and then a really nice snipe. When you have a shot like that you don't have to rush the shot.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
2-0 after 2. Providence goalie, Dan Vladar, who played with the Bruins when their goalies were injured, has been excellent as Pack have generated several good chances.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Skinner continues to play a very simple game. Moves the puck out of his zone. Not caught up ice. But not showing any special offensive ability that you might have thought based on his ECHL experience. Clearly comfortable at the AHL level but not standing out. Doesn't play PP or PK.

Has Skinner looked like he belongs?

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Pack win 3-1. Providence scores early on the power play on a shot that is tipped in between Huska's legs. But Providence gets few chances and Brodzinski gets an empty netter on a pass from Newell. Shots are 34-22 Pack. Huska number 1 star, Barron 2 with Paul Carey 3. I would have put Gettinger 3. Made several excellent defensive plays and had several good chances.

Pack now 6 back of Providence with two games in hand and two more games with Providence.

Although not a high scoring game an excellent, solid game by the Pack.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Pack win 3-1. Providence scores early on the power play on a shot that is tipped in between Huska's legs. But Providence gets few chances and Brodzinski gets an empty netter on a pass from Newell. Shots are 34-22 Pack. Huska number 1 star, Barron 2 with Paul Carey 3. I would have put Gettinger 3. Made several excellent defensive plays and had several good chances.

Pack now 6 back of Providence with two games in hand and two more games with Providence.

Although not a high scoring game an excellent, solid game by the Pack.

Barron has to get the call soon !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad