Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Lettieri showing why he's more likely to be a full time AHL player at this point. No awareness on the PP there.

Nieves with a nice rush there to set up O'Regan.

Shesterkin continues to shine in Hartford. His puck playing is also fantastic. He's no Mike Smith, but he can handle it well.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Thanks for updates! How did Chytil look on that last powerplay in overtime? on the radio sounded like he had the puck for almost the entire time but didn't do much with it.

he did have it the whole two mins ran out of gas and turned it over stickhandling. Unfortunately out there with Lettieri and the other guys just wouldn’t move. Didn’t give him much wasn’t a good PP

Reactions: bl02

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Lettieri showing why he's more likely to be a full time AHL player at this point. No awareness on the PP there.

Nieves with a nice rush there to set up O'Regan.

Shesterkin continues to shine in Hartford. His puck playing is also fantastic. He's no Mike Smith, but he can handle it well.

Lettieri just such a dumb player

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If you watched Chytil’s last game you’d say bring him up immediately but if you watched this one a lot of what Quinn gets pissed about was evident. I mean that’s what you get with a 20 year old offensive center. He’s going to make some mistakes but certainly not for lack of effort tonight. If effort was Quinn’s biggest thing you can’t complain. Kid was everywhere all night. Drove offense constantly.

Reactions: Leetch3

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If there's a disappointing thing about Hartford, it's that outside of Chytil, none of the young forwards do anything.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If there's a disappointing thing about Hartford, it's that outside of Chytil, none of the young forwards do anything.

was thinking that all night. As much as we’ve done with this rebuild there is ZIP down here in terms of forwards. No one has an nhl upside (outside of Chytil of course). I like nick jones but at best he’s a 12 or 13 nhl forward and that’s me really reaching

Only puck that beat Shesterkin was a point shot thru traffic that hit a body and went in that’s it thru the last two games

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Shesterkin has earned a win in each of his first four career AHL appearances, and he has posted a 1.23 GAA, a .951 SV%, and 1 SO in those four appearances. He has allowed one goal or fewer in each of his last three appearances (two goals allowed over the span). #NYR

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
The rangers are so classy, they’ll have Nick Ebert suit up for a couple game with the big club. Smith still on the wing, 3rd line.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Pack have a very good AHL team. Lettieri, Fogarty, DiGiuseppe, O'Regan, Nieves, Beleskey are a good vet forward contingent. There is a lot of stability there. Lindgren and LoVerde are solid AHL D's. Geertsen provides some real size and muscle. The main benefactors of all that right now are Chytil and Keane and the two goaltenders. Huska's been pretty good---Igor's been outstanding.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
When Chytil comes up the only legit guys will be Shesterkin Keane Lindgren and Rykov(eventually).

this team will struggle when Chytil comes up too. He drives most of the offense

like let’s be real. Pack are the best team in the league right now. It’s mostly because of Chytil and Shesterkin

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Yeah, it's an issue for sure, but if we're going to be honest the guys that most teams would have down there are D+3 or D+4 players and our guy from 3 or 4 drafts ago are not/were not very good players.

Our other guys are either in the NHL or NCAA/Europe

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
With Kravtsov gone for now and Chytil eventually headed back to New York, it’s glaring how few true NHL prospects will be left in Hartford. The organization needs to build a lot of depth to be relevant again.
Like I said, other than Chytil, forwards are nonexistent. Like Kovy said, Jones might be the best prospect and he's not even under contract to us.

There's still good defensive depth, though. Lindgren, Keane, Rykov eventually, even Sean Day has looked pretty solid. Team defense is obviously the strength.

Still, a guy like Gettinger, I'm really disappointed. Has not progressed so far. Lettieri still looks like a 4A guy. Fontaine had a chance to be a 4C in the NHL, but I don't really see it now. He's an AHL Blair Betts. Meskanen I really liked last year, he can't even get into games. Nothing there.

We don't have many legitimate forward prospects behind Chytil and Kravtsov. Barron, I guess. He'll see the AHL this year. Henriksson is far away. The rest of the guys are fringe, and generally not close. We need to focus on forwards in the next couple years, I suppose.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Glad you brought up Gettinger he’s regressed. I thought he was an nhl prospect. He doesn’t look like one at all anymore.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
When Chytil comes up the only legit guys will be Shesterkin Keane Lindgren and Rykov(eventually).

like let’s be real. Pack are the best team in the league right now. It’s mostly because of Chytil and Shesterkin
I think the team defense is the biggest thing, not just those two guys. Shesterkin only faces 25.5 shots per, and that's with the 36-shot game. Huska faces a bit more at 29.7, but each of his three games have also gone to OT. So overall, I don't know, they're probably allowing something like 27 shots per 60. Just in general, they play a good defensive game as a team.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
took me like 30 of your posts on the game to realize that laval's goalie is lindgren and you weren't posting nonstop about ryan
LOL yeah. It's Ryan's brother. I forgot the guy was still kicking around even though he's not that old.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Like I said, other than Chytil, forwards are nonexistent. Like Kovy said, Jones might be the best prospect and he's not even under contract to us.

There's still good defensive depth, though. Lindgren, Keane, Rykov eventually, even Sean Day has looked pretty solid. Team defense is obviously the strength.

Still, a guy like Gettinger, I'm really disappointed. Has not progressed so far. Lettieri still looks like a 4A guy. Fontaine had a chance to be a 4C in the NHL, but I don't really see it now. He's an AHL Blair Betts. Meskanen I really liked last year, he can't even get into games. Nothing there.

We don't have many legitimate forward prospects behind Chytil and Kravtsov. Barron, I guess. He'll see the AHL this year. Henriksson is far away. The rest of the guys are fringe, and generally not close. We need to focus on forwards in the next couple years, I suppose.

Agreed. Though I think we will get at least one young NHL forward or prospect by the deadline in Kreider deal.

The powerplay is especially hard to watch. Chytil made a few great cross ice passes that were right on the money but they couldn't be converted because whoever received the pass didn't have quick enough hands to one-time or immediately shoot. There's also almost no movement on the PP. The PP is far too static considering the lack of skill.

Chytil was pressing too hard. But, similar to the Rangers, when the Pack play a faster team, they have a hard time supporting the puck. And tend to look more disjointed. I think it's the fault of the organizations systems than anything else.

Positives.

- Shesterkin was almost unbeatable. The goal he gave up was a point shot that deflected in mid-air, within a few feet of the crease. Seemed fluky. I would argue he's ready for NHL action right now. He'd be up if we didn't already have 2 NHL calibre goalies.

- Keane looked really comfortable. Made some nice plays out there.

- Even on an off-night Chytil is noticeable every time out there.

- The entire D core is pretty solid.

- Continue to love Geertsen's size. Not sure he processes the game fast enough. Or can make a good first pass. But he's a tank out there. If he can just work on his first pass, he's an ideal 7th D.

- Fogarty has a quick, active stick when defending.

- For as hard as it was for the Pack to create offense, the Rocket weren't much better. It was a fairly even game.

- O'Regan is just solid.

Negatives.

- Unable to Establish Forecheck: reminiscent of the big club during losing streak offensively. Just have a real hard time sustaining O zone time against a fast (for the AHL), skilled team. The puck support just isn't there. I wonder if it's a systemic thing.

- PP is dreadful.

- Nieves seems to have regressed a bit. He was one of the best Wolf Pack players in the past. He has the speed and the size. But he just seems not engaged or a bit lost. (though he did make a great pass in OT with tons of space)

- Chytil, early in the game, took some really big circles when transitioning from O to D. Circles that took him completely out of the play. He needs to clean up his game just a bit more. As the game went on, he took more straight lines and his coverage in the D zone was mostly on point. He's doing OK face-off wise. This is still a major work in progress.

- The D system is prone to giving up some big chances every game. it's not as clamped down a system as it could be. Especially if/when Chytil is called up. D system is very reminiscent of the big club. Whereas, the Rocket, really didn't give up anything close to the quality of chances the Pack gave up. This system choice feels even more befuddling when you consider just how many Pack forwards are bottom 6 types. Like, why are we playing a system that isn't more stout on D?

- Sadly, Meskanen was making poor decisions all over the ice.

- Yikes, Gettinger. Size, has a decent top speed, can defend at this level. But that's about it.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Glad you brought up Gettinger he’s regressed. I thought he was an nhl prospect. He doesn’t look like one at all anymore.
Yeah I thought he was going to be an effective fourth line player, maybe even someone who could skate capably on a third line if it all came together. It's not coming together, though. Part of it I think is due to less responsibility on the team; last year he seemed to be playing a lot more. They have a veteran group of six or so forwards, plus Chytil, and I think he's dropped in the lineup a bit. I wish there were TOI stats for the AHL. Still, even when he's out there he doesn't produce. He won't hurt you, but he doesn't do much of anything offensively.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City

And hopefully Lindgren replaces Staal soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad