Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
These two teams go again at 3pm tomorrow. Third in 3 nights for the Pack. Will be very tough.

I wonder if the Rangers hold Chytil back from that.

Keane was just interviewed between periods sounds like he fully expects to play tomorrow talking about what he needs to eat to get ready for that.

Reactions: haveandare

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Sound Tiger Penalty too many men. 2nd time Christ.

Chytil on the previous play just impossible to get the puck away on the wall.
Does it again on the PP generates a great chance good stop then misses the net on a one timer.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m not sure why meskanen is still here. He really should have gone back to Europe. Nothing happening for him here. Go make some money kid this isn’t for you.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Lazy hooking penalty on Gettinger. Tigers get a good chance from the right dot zero net to look at with Hulking Huska in there. Eats it up no problem. He’s very comfortable on the PK very hard to beat if he sees it.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Chytil with a nice rush up the middle cut to his left gets a shot just goes over the bar then takes a high stick making a play to get puck out of his zone. Draws a PP

Reactions: klingsor

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Huska brilliant the last few mins Includinf another pk.

now Pack back to the PP.

Sound Tigers don’t have much. Bellows the first round pick 18 year old Holmstrom (shouldn’t be here) and the Aho on the blueline but this is not a good team

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
HWP win 4-1. They were just a much better team all game. Aside from a few bad turnovers and getting caught in their own zone a few times, they controlled the game.

Highlights continue to be: Chytil, Keane, Lindgren, the entire defense and Huska played well.

Geertsen, made a really great play to set up Gettinger's goal.

Nick Jones is just so tenacious. He's a bit undersized but he's just a fun kid to root for. Kinda got a bit of that Ryan Callahan, Jesper Fast mojo. Just before the Wolf Pack took a stupid o-zone penalty, Jones single handedly kept the puck in the zone battling two BSTs on the boards in midst of a HWP line change. Just never gives up and puts himself in the right places.

Second PP actually looked pretty decent. Newell may just become another O'Regan one day but maybe more. He does seem to have more skill, vision and speed than most at this level. But he just might be slight or not explosive enough to get to the next level. Time will tell.

Also - I just really like Lindgren's tenacity. He's much stronger than his size suggests. He can stop opposition forwards in their tracks.

Keane was poised. His overall vision is decent, but maybe more like 180 vision, not 360. Sort of reminds of Skjei or Poti in that he's got skating and offense, but it's not elite. But it is effective. He seems like he could be a decent #4-#6 in the NHL with time. Of course, he's still young enough to develop more.

Chytil still needs some D zone work but he is very solid and noticeable in the A.

Chytil is just such an interesting player to try and project. He's got great skating, size and passing. He can make plays at top speed. And he's average to above average with his shot. But he's not necessarily like an elite in any specific way. So, it's going to be interesting to see how his game develops. I see why they're hellbent on keeping him at center for now. If he could become a 200ft guy who works his ass off every shift, maybe he can become a patrice bergeron type? Someone who doesn't have one skill that's truly elite, but just does everything so well that he's crucial to a team. I dunno. We'll see. But I do think keeping him at C is the right move for now. His skating can handle it. And he was pretty good on draws today.

Reactions: Osminator

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Lessee....Saturday night home game with the team on a big winning streak against their biggest rival and the Pack draw....2437 to the XL Center. Maine drew barely 2500 tonight and my cousin in Portland says he is hearing that this might be the Mariner's last season if they don't improve attendance.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
dont Think Chytil is going to be Bergeron ever lol.

but he is an elite skater and his size/strength is a real weapon That will only improve as he gets older. I don’t think he shoots the puck all that well honestly. But he can really skate and dish. I think Chytil can be a 20 goal 35/40 assist guy. Probably will never be great defensively he just needs to be fine. But he’s so young he can only get better there.

more though he drives offense his analytics show a play driver he shoots the puck a lot another 5 shots tonight officially but probably a few more and a couple that missed the net.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Pack plays excellent team defense. They have some breakdowns but generally speaking they limit opportunities really well.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
he is pretty good actually
Yeah he was a good AHL guy and then went to Sweden where he was evidently also very good. Good enough to get another NHL SPC despite his age and never having made the NHL. I've only seen him once now this year but he looks like a guy that will definitely get some NHL games in before all is said and done. Probably not as a regular but as a fill-in or 7D. Or who knows? Maybe he finds a good opportunity and makes it.

He's definitely a good acquisition for Hartford, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad