Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
2009 highest ranked player according to https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/the-hockey-news-2009-draft-prospect-rankings - Jordan Schroeder. By not going BPA we took Kreider.

2011 - https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/top-10-prospect-rankings-for-2011-nhl-draft - Joel Armia instead of our pick JT Miller.

2012 - https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-draft-top30-prospects/ - Sebastian Collberg instead of Brady Skjei

So yeah, lets just always go BPA...

I just picked the first source I saw when googling rankings from that year, obviously there will be a difference in opinion across the board. Every single team has had misses.
these writeups are absolutely hilarious in retrospect

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Also the Rangers just completely botching one of the most loaded drafts in recent memory is both hilarious and horrible

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
well we could have had Vince Dunn, Jordan Greenway, Anthony Cirelli with that Gropp pick

Yeah, but it's not the end of the world. I mean fellow second rounders Sprong and Greer were waived and Meloche was traded. I actually brought up trading for Greenway in the Roster Building thread. I'd imagine Quinn would love to get his hands on him.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Also the Rangers just completely botching one of the most loaded drafts in recent memory is both hilarious and horrible

Probably why they have all new scouts across the board. The biggest reason teams get stuck in these constant rebuilds is their scouting is bad and don't get players beyond their top 5 picks.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
If he doesn't report they can terminate his contract, correct?
CBA 14.8 Reporting Time. A Transferred Player shall be afforded a reasonable timeframe in which to report to his new Club or minor league club.

Guessing 4 days is enough.

SPC 14. The Club may also terminate this SPC upon written notice to the Player (but only after obtaining Waivers from all other Clubs) if the Player shall at any time:
(a) fail, refuse, or neglect to obey the Club's rules governing training and conduct of Players, if such failure, refusal or neglect should constitute a material breach of this SPC.
(b) fail, refuse or neglect to render his services hereunder or in any other manner materially breach this SPC.
In the event of termination under Paragraph 14(a) or (b) the Player shall only be entitled to compensation due to him to the earlier of the date such notice is personally delivered to him or the date such notice is e-mailed to him.
In the event this SPC is terminated by the Club while the Player is "away" with the Club for the purpose of playing games the installment then falling due shall be paid on the first week- day after the return "home" of the Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad