nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
maybe Ronning is healthy now
also Vinni back to HWP, spare callup D released by HWP

TheAHL.com
Date Player Team Transaction
2019-02-13 Vinni Lettieri (RW) Hartford ADD Returned on loan from NY Rangers (NHL)
2019-02-13 Matt Petgrave (D) Hartford DEL Released from PTO
2019-02-13 Ty Ronning (RW) Hartford ADD Reassigned by NY Rangers (NHL) from Maine (ECHL)
If they're planning on playing both Vinni and Ty, they have too many forwards and someone else should go down.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
If they're planning on playing both Vinni and Ty, they have too many forwards and someone else should go down.

yeah, 15 F's on roster -
Butler, ODonnell, St Amant on AHL deals,
AAAA vets Holland, Beleskey, Brickley and
9 'prospects' Fogarty, Lias, Meskanen, Gettinger, Gropp, Fontaine, Ty, Vinni, Leedahl

maybe Leedahl (00 pts, 27 games) or St Amant (04 pts, 25games) go to Maine
TheAHL.com

or maybe some NHL playoff hopeful takes Holland or Beleskey for roster depth
(or Brickley, please, how about a 7th in '20)

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
What's everyones thought on the coach McAmbridge or something or other?

Does HFD switch gears with that next year?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
What's everyones thought on the coach McAmbridge or something or other?

Does HFD switch gears with that next year?
I don't like his line combos, but that's every coach. LOL. Otherwise, it just doesn't seem like anyone cares down there, which is a horrible problem for the Rangers organization. If they continue this limp-dick play the rest of the year you pretty much have to fire the guy.

Reactions: Ranger Ric

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Pack 1-1 halfway through. Lettieri with the goal. Halverson has stopped 23/24.

Also, Sam f***in' Gagner plays in the AHL now. He was for sure a disappointment but had always been a decent NHL producer. Crazy to see him there.

Reactions: eco's bones

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I don't like his line combos, but that's every coach. LOL. Otherwise, it just doesn't seem like anyone cares down there, which is a horrible problem for the Rangers organization. If they continue this limp-dick play the rest of the year you pretty much have to fire the guy.
Agreed, and I don’t like that he’s a hangover from AV and his Arniel connections. I would’ve liked to see them bring in a whole new coaching staff to help get everything in line for Quinn’s plan and vision.

A huge issue is the failure at drafting and adding talent from the 2012-16 draft years. It’s unacceptable that they’ve been this bad for this long.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
TheAHL.com
2019-02-14 Connor Brickley (LW) Hartford DEL Recalled from loan by NY Rangers (NHL)
2019-02-14 Drew Melanson (LW) Hartford ADD Recalled from loan to Maine (ECHL)
2019-02-14 Derek Pratt (D) Hartford ADD Signed to PTO

Pratt is LHD, 24, rookie pro after 4 Hockey East seasons w UConn
Derek Pratt Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Melanson has been on a Wolfpack AHL contract, also 24 and 1 year from Hockey East career, played last season at BU for Quinn
Drew Melanson Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I dont get the hate on Beleskey, he's better than Mcleod and I think he should have been playing with the Rangers and the only reason he isn't is for the purposes of burying his contract.
A push broom is better than McLeod. Sure, Beleskey would have been a better choice; Cole Schneider, Steve Fogarty, or any number of other guys would have been, too.

Beleskey hasn't looked very good in Hartford. I mean he looks like an OK AHL player, but not an NHL player by any means.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
dunno whats going on with HWP D

after adding Pratt yesterday
they added another PTO D today
TheAHL.com
Matt Finn

hasn't played more than 7 AHL games since '15-16

Matt Finn Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
Defense -- shoots L
Born Feb 24 1994 -- Toronto, ONT [24 yrs. ago]
Height 6.01 -- Weight 205 [185 cm/93 kg]
Drafted by Toronto Maple Leafs - round 2 #35 overall 2012 NHL Entry Draft
Ha, I remember Flinn. He played with Brock McGinn, Fabbri, Rychel, and Kosmachuk (who was with us last year). All those guys were supposed to be pretty good NHL players, including Finn; all went rounds 1-3 and none of them have really amounted to much. I guess Fabbri is okay, and McGinn is a mediocre role player, but Rychel and Finn busted. Kosmachuk is an AHL guy. That Guelph team was really good though, they won the OHL Championship and almost won the Memorial Cup.

Reactions: Ola

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
HWP now carrying 9 LHD plus 1 RHD, 29-year-old Tolkinen

Matt Finn scouting reports from the archives

Matt Finn at eliteprospects.com
A very smart two-way defenseman with leadership qualities. Plays with great authority. Very smart in his own end and valuable offensively with a good passing game and a hard shot. (EP 2012)

Hockey's Future - Matt Finn
Talent Analysis
Finn is a heady player described as a solid all-round threat. He is a strong defensive player that can handle tough assignments and can read the developing play and react accordingly. Finn's offensive game has continued to evolve. He needs to continue to add physical elements to his game as he is currently a bit undersized for an NHL defenseman and his skating is a concern.
Future
... the former second-round pick has had a tough time making the transition from juniors to pro hockey but has shown signs of his NHL potential playing with the Mavericks. Finn's size and offensive ability make him an intriguing prospect but the skating concerns that dogged him coming out of junior hockey continue to be an issue

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Resorting to insults is not required. If he was such a good prospect he’d be in the NHL right now on a completely terrible forward group. He’s not and he remains buried in Hartford sulking and looking over marched. All you die hard supporters of this guy are just dreaming of what you want to think is possible.

Maybe this analogy will help— imagine racing against cars of similar speeds. At that level, it’s about how good the driver is because everyone is going at the same speed. Now imagine taking that same car and entering a race with cars faster than you. You still think you’ll win that race? Be competitive?

You can’t ignore skill set because his skills were good enough to put up good numbers at lower levels. To do so, is to completely disregard the progression of talent it takes to even be competitive at higher levels.

I could care less what Lias did against bad competition— he’s done nothing, if not regress this season, and being a young player who does not seem hungry is not a recipe for success.

You analogy sucks and the way you evaluate prospects suck too

Reactions: UnSandvich

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hartford against Bridgeport tonight. 1-1 after the first period. Halverson is in goal. Lettieri with the Pack goal. Matt Finn on our D. Bigras and Meskanen are not in the lineup. I don't know why. Thomas Hickey and Andrew Ladd playing for Bridgeport---LOL.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Bigras hurt in Wednesday game. From Greg Markiewicz twitter account.

"The Pack also may have lost defenseman Chris Bigras for a period of time as he appeared to suffer a knee or ankle injury, the Pack signed 2 defensemen to PTO deals, Derek Pratt and Matt Finn #HWP #HartCity #FeelTheImPACKt"

Look forward to your report. 3-3 late in the 3rd. Hartford outshooting Bridgeport 25-21.

Hartford against Bridgeport tonight. 1-1 after the first period. Halverson is in goal. Lettieri with the Pack goal. Matt Finn on our D. Bigras and Meskanen are not in the lineup. I don't know why. Thomas Hickey and Andrew Ladd playing for Bridgeport---LOL.

Reactions: eco's bones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad