Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) / Maine Mariners (ECHL) 2018-19: Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Thanks bud. Just doing some organizing before the season starts.
New ECHL affiliate is the Maine Mariners if you were planning on updating the thread

Also, their coach is apparently Colby Armstrong’s brother. Interesting.

Reactions: aufheben

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I obviously didn't pay attention in the off-season at all; why are we no longer affiliated with the Swamp Rabbits?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I obviously didn't pay attention in the off-season at all; why are we no longer affiliated with the Swamp Rabbits?
Just a change in affiliates, AFAIK, which sometimes happens. With the AHL team in Hartford, it makes more sense to have the ECHL team in closer proximity for easier player movement. It also brings the three levels into one general region, making scouting and other administrative stuff easier.

It's like the Mets moving the AAA team to Syracuse, so they have the big team in Queens, AAA in Syracuse, and AA in Binghamton.

Reactions: mike14

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I will definitely miss having the coolest ECHL team as our affiliate, the Swamp Rabbits is an elite name and SC is an odd location for hockey which just makes it better.

Reactions: Rongomania

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I will definitely miss having the coolest ECHL team as our affiliate, the Swamp Rabbits is an elite name and SC is an odd location for hockey which just makes it better.

Ugh, no idea what I’m going to do with my Halverson Swamp Rabbits jersey now!

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

The sweaters were soooo nice, too!! RIP....

wholesale-customize-echl-2016-17-greenville.jpg

images

Reactions: ManUtdTobbe

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Did the swamp rabbits fold or are they still around?

Edit: they are still around but have no affiliated teams in the AHL or NHL. Rapid City and the Swamp Rabbits are the only teams with out an affiliate.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
After his performance at Traverse City there was some discussion on the threads that Jakob Stukel might earn a Hartford contract. But according to Elite Prospects he has signed a 2018-2019 contract with the ECHL Wichita Thunder.
Jakob Stukel at eliteprospects.com. I am not sure whether could still sign an AHL contract if one was offered. Will see if he shows up at the Hartford training camp.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
After his performance at Traverse City there was some discussion on the threads that Jakob Stukel might earn a Hartford contract. But according to Elite Prospects he has signed a 2018-2019 contract with the ECHL Wichita Thunder.
Jakob Stukel at eliteprospects.com. I am not sure whether could still sign an AHL contract if one was offered. Will see if he shows up at the Hartford training camp.
Yes, he can sign an AHL contract if one is offered to him.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

sounds like we let a good prospect slip without offering a contract. This guy was worth an NHL contract, IMO. They likely dropped the ball because of their anger after finishing last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad