Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) / Maine Mariners (ECHL) 2018-19: Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
He has been doing the same thing over and over, year after year, at every level. It's a great thing to see. In my opinion, the goals he scores are very easy to reproduce at a higher level. He just always knows where to be

The ability to play a game that has a higher probability of working in the pros is such an under-valued attribute.

When you look at the Rangers top forward prospects, they’re all different, but they all bring styles that are more pro-style. Andersson, Chytil, Howden and Kravtsov aren’t necessarily kids you need to spend considerable time “untraining.”

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Bigras has certainly done well since the Rangers acquired him last year. Former Avs #2 pick (#32 overall) Any strong opinions out there about him?

Personally, I think he’s more closely resembled the prospect he was prior to his injuries. He’s a been a tremendous addition to The Pack.

I feel like if people weren’t focusing on ADA and Pionk, and to a lesser extent Lindgren and Day, we’d be intrigued by the possibility of Bigras having a future with this team. He’s kind of lost in the shuffle, but I think he’s definitely the first call-up on defense and I’d really like to take an extended look at the NHL level.

Reactions: egelband

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
nice to see Gettinger doing well 4 points in 4 games.

Gropp 1 point in 4 games, why not trade him for another team's struggling prospect so they have a fresh start?

Fogarty, Adndersson and Bigras also got 4 points in 4 games.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Gropp isn't just struggling, he's showing the same major deficiencies in his game that he did last year. I'm sure any team that has scouted him is aware of that as well. We could trade him for some nothing prospect or just ride it out with him and see if the ability to find space and make decisions more quickly is something we can coach into him. For me, it's a six of one, half-dozen of the other type of thing.

Reactions: egelband

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
nice to see Gettinger doing well 4 points in 4 games.

Gropp 1 point in 4 games, why not trade him for another team's struggling prospect so they have a fresh start?

Fogarty, Adndersson and Bigras also got 4 points in 4 games.

It’s nice seeing some good call up options once they trade off pieces at the deadline

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Highlights from the past two games....

Wednesday 10/10/18

1. Fogarty (unassisted)
2. Gropp (PP) from Andersson and Meskanen
3. Gettinger (unassisted)

Mazanec had 18 saves on 22 shots for the loss

Friday 10/12/18

1. Andersson from Bigras and O'Gara
2. Butler from Holland
3. Gettinger from Bigras and Fogarty

Tokarski had 32 saves on 36 shots for the OT loss

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Gropp isn't just struggling, he's showing the same major deficiencies in his game that he did last year. I'm sure any team that has scouted him is aware of that as well. We could trade him for some nothing prospect or just ride it out with him and see if the ability to find space and make decisions more quickly is something we can coach into him. For me, it's a six of one, half-dozen of the other type of thing.
Another swing and a miss from Gordie. Didn't he say that Gropp was ranked his 6th forward on his draft board for that year? Yikes.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Highlights from the past two games....

Wednesday 10/10/18

1. Fogarty (unassisted)
2. Gropp (PP) from Andersson and Meskanen
3. Gettinger (unassisted)

Mazanec had 18 saves on 22 shots for the loss

Friday 10/12/18

1. Andersson from Bigras and O'Gara
2. Butler from Holland
3. Gettinger from Bigras and Fogarty

Tokarski had 32 saves on 36 shots for the OT loss

Glad to see the AHL is still recording games using a potato.

Last edited:

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Pack needs to learn how to close out these games. 4-0 lead with about 3 minutes left. Game ends 4-3.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Not even going to talk about the final 3 minutes lol... Mazanec skated off real pissed hahaha, avoided the ritual goalie mob after the win, straigh to the lockerroom. 2 points is 2 points. Take it and run... and please no more P-Bruins... 3 of the first 5 vs. the Bruins... dafuq?

Reactions: bl02

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I feel like Hartford has had an issue for the past several years in regards to holding multi-goal leads in the final 5 minutes of regulation.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Was at the game. Lias looked quite good. Really nice finish on the goal. He had one bad turnover that led to a partial break that was stopped.

Hajek can really move his feet. He made a bad pinch that led to the 2nd providence goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad