Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) / Maine Mariners (ECHL) 2018-19: Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Leave him there. Let him dominate. Keep him away from this mess and send Chytil down too. Quinn is not going to develop these kids. He wants finished players before he’s going to give them mins. He’s shown that already.

Walter t

Mar 12, 2018
It is really tempting. They just have to make sure there is a spot for him to get the right minutes. Simply switching he and Chytl isn't enough.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Just to reiterate, the ECHL's new site is one of the worst things I've seen. Their "Game Center" is equally terrible. There doesn't appear to be any actual box score-type function to just give you a list of goals, penalties and shots. I think I found out what to press (on mobile) to see who scored goals, but it doesn't show assists. I can see individual player stats, but that's not really the same. It's like the whole thing was designed by people who don't understand what hockey fans would want to see. (I actually think it might be by the same people who do the Champions Hockey League site, which is good, making this more frustrating)

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Leave him there. Let him dominate. Keep him away from this mess and send Chytil down too. Quinn is not going to develop these kids. He wants finished players before he’s going to give them mins. He’s shown that already.
100% agree no need to have them up here with this tirefire team we have rn. Let them dominate, maybe send Chytil to the World Juniors, and call em up after the tdl.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
If this Hartford team can stop the bleeding they usually do with leads late in the third period, they should make the playoffs. If Kravstov joins on an ATO and Ronning picks it up, along with the potential addition of Chytil...wew.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
How does Ahltv justify charging for that with that audio quality? Joke.

I’d have those two kids in Hartford until gorton cleans up the mess he should have cleaned up months ago. Trading Hayes Zucc spooner McQuaid etc. if we’re rebuilding we should have made room for our top prospects. No one should be surprised at Chytil struggles when playing 8 mins a night on a 4th line or out of position or with no power play time

Quinn is not doing a good job with these kids right now.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Hartford wins 4-3.

PP went 1/6

Lias with 1G 6SOG

Hajek with 4SOG

Ronning 1G 2SOG

Holland 2A 7SOG

Lindqvist/Meskanen each with 1A and 1 & 2 SOG respectively (Lindqvist did have the sick forced turnover on the Andersson goal tho)

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
How does Ahltv justify charging for that with that audio quality? Joke.

I’d have those two kids in Hartford until gorton cleans up the mess he should have cleaned up months ago. Trading Hayes Zucc spooner McQuaid etc. if we’re rebuilding we should have made room for our top prospects. No one should be surprised at Chytil struggles when playing 8 mins a night on a 4th line or out of position or with no power play time

Quinn is not doing a good job with these kids right now.

Absolutely agree on getting Chytil down ASAP (and maybe even Howden and Pionk). Let Quinn get his system sorted and implented with the vets. Then when we got the system sorted out and got a foundation made we should start bringing the prospects up, so the staff can focus to develop them into NHL players.

Walter t

Mar 12, 2018
1) Chytl I would give another 6-8 games because I doubt want these kids on a go-to thinking a few bad games is all It takes to get them sent down. But if he's still struggling ( and it wouldn't shock me) then yes, the AHL would be best for him.
2) Pionk is a little different in that I want ice time for DeAngelo too so even if Pionk is less deserving of a demotion you might send him down to get him 20+ minutes a night in Hartford and ADA a spot in the Ranger lineup.
3) Howden would really have to take a step back for me to send him down.
D) Don't rush Andersson but if you follow the timetable above for Chytl and if he keeps playing as he has so far then I would be fine having him here by mid November.
E) There are probably 4 or 5 Dmen at Hartford who would be better than Staal but Hajek and Lindgren especially need the development time.
vi.) Instead of having Georgiev in NY and only sending him down when we are absolutely sure he WON'T play, I would keep in in Hartford and only bring him up when we're absolutely sure he WILL play.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Quinn is doing a good job with the young players. He's got Skjei back on track. He's making Pionk and DeAngelo earn icetime just like the vets. He's got Howden playing some good hockey as a rookie. It's not his fault that Chytil has no intangibles to his game. He needs to develop them in the AHL. I think he needs 2 full years of AHL play before he's NHL ready. Andersson is ready now. So is Hajek. Bigras probably can play in the NHL. The problem is Gorton and his incompetent signings like Shattenkirk, Namestnikov and Spooner. His inability to move Staal off a good year. Gorton is very greedy in the returns he asks for and often screws himself. It's obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad