Confirmed with Link: Hartford AC Gord Murphy will take Lindy Ruff's place on bench for playoffs

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Of course they have similar or identical systems, but he hasn't been involved with preaching it to the big leaguers. I question how seriously some of these guys are going to take him

i don't think its a big deal for the short time he'll be involved...and honestly wouldn't be shocked if brown is behind the bench of murphy takes his spot in the press box. but he also isn't just a random guy off the streets, murphy played 14 years in the NHL and was an assistant coach in the nhl for 16 years. if that doesn't buy you credibility from young players not sure what does.

Reactions: haveandare

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
i don't think its a big deal for the short time he'll be involved...and honestly wouldn't be shocked if brown is behind the bench of murphy takes his spot in the press box. but he also isn't just a random guy off the streets, murphy played 14 years in the NHL and was an assistant coach in the nhl for 16 years. if that doesn't buy you credibility from young players not sure what does.

He’s the right guy at this time .... plenty of experience plus Hajek , Lindgren and some spares on D will know him

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Of course they have similar or identical systems, but he hasn't been involved with preaching it to the big leaguers. I question how seriously some of these guys are going to take him
Why wouldn't they take him seriously? He may be somewhat unfamiliar, but he has a lot of credibility as a guy that played almost 900 NHL games, wore an A for seven years in the NHL, and has 15+ years of experience as an NHL assistant. Whether he's "good" at his job is one thing, but he certainly steps into the room with a lot of credibility and a good resume. Unless guys have some preconceived notion of him because of the Hextall stuff, or unless he comes in trying to swing his dick around like a big shot, I would expect most of the players would treat him with respect from the outset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad