Confirmed with Link: Hartford AC Gord Murphy will take Lindy Ruff's place on bench for playoffs

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Wonder how Knoblauch feels about his assistant getting promoted right past him

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
As long as Ruff is gone, I couldn't care less about collateral damage.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Good decision. I wonder what they decide in the off-season. I still hope they add a veteran coach to this young coaching staff, expecting Gord Murphy to go back to Hartford.

But seeing fans rejoice thinking our defense will be stellar now that Ruff is gone, is hilarious. We still have Marc Staal and Brendan Smith on defense :laugh:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Good decision. I wonder what they decide in the off-season. I still hope they add a veteran coach to this young coaching staff, expecting Gord Murphy to go back to Hartford.
But seeing fans rejoice thinking our defense will be stellar now that Ruff is gone, is hilarious. We still have Marc Staal and Brendan Smith on defense :laugh:

I don't think anyone is under the impression that it will be stellar, at least not on here.

Ruff was a part of the issue though and his track record before he got here is reflective of that. Removing Staal would pay bigger dividends than losing Ruff (watching him go to a rival is cause for celebration though) so I can't really refute that point lol.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Makes sense to bring up the D-coach for the same position. I wonder if they can bring Knoblauch up for the playoffs in some sort of other role. Even if he's just up to help run practice and do some developmental coaching.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
With his experience, I wouldn't be surprised if they hired him specifically to spend a season in the AHL, and then replace Ruff next season anyway.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
...I wonder if they can bring Knoblauch up for the playoffs in some sort of other role. Even if he's just up to help run practice and do some developmental coaching.

yeah. someone will likely be working with the extended group of guys who are not dressing...

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Was hoping they'd give Brown ahold of the reins full time because...well...he's a PK/Defense coach...

Maybe this is just for playoffs and Brown will lead while Murphy splits bench/eye in the sky

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I'm reminded of a Florida Panthers lunch tin that I had growing up. How the hell did I find a Florida Panthers lunch tin? Crazy stuff.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ

I think its more about the team playing better positional defense together that can help to stop the issues we were having all season long bc of Ruffs horrible system in place.

Although I don't expect an immediate impact because it takes time to implement a new defensive structure.

Plus its rejoiceful to see the Devils yet again screw up with making Ruff their HC. The only years he was solid was bc of the best goalie ever in Hasek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->