Harrow 300 Review

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
It was a 75 flex grip shift 300.

Cut down at all? 75 flex might be the problem... That's a whippy stick.... especially if left at full length. If you're anywhere near 200 lbs., a 75 flex is probably way too low. I've snapped a 75 flex stick just by giving it a little flex test.

Maupin Fan

Hot Air
Sep 17, 2009
Cut down at all? 75 flex might be the problem... That's a whippy stick.... especially if left at full length. If you're anywhere near 200 lbs., a 75 flex is probably way too low. I've snapped a 75 flex stick just by giving it a little flex test.

Or the problem could be that Harrow sticks and blades just flat out suck.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Or the problem could be that Harrow sticks and blades just flat out suck.

Same could be said for all high end composites. ALL of the high end composites are prone to snapping. I snapped a One95 and an Easton S17, both less than 3 months old, in the same men's league season. Both on WRIST shots. Pretty much a waste of 400 bucks. Since then, I only buy the Easton ST line, and two-pieces. Much more cost effective...

jeremyp

Oct 26, 2009
I picked up two Harrow 300 shafts and blades a couple weeks ago and after playing with them a few times I'm pretty impressed. It does seem a bit heavier than my Easton SE16 OPS but the feel seems to be the same. I can't really tell the difference. I ordered 85 flex shafts but after cutting they are 103 whereas the Easton 85 flex after cutting is about an 87 flex. I can tell the difference and I'm not that good. Next time I'll order the 75 flex so when it's cut down it'll be closer to a 93+-. I'd say they are definitely worth the price and when you can pick them up @ 50% off they are an absolute steal. Don't hesitate, just get one and try it out.

JP

dabeechman

Sep 12, 2006
Yep, one person snaps a Harrow and they all suck :shakehead

If that was a brand new shaft you should be able to get it warranty replaced.

I wasn't saying that they sucked...I bought replacements so that should say enough.

It was a 75 cut down to a 92. I'm 5'10 160.

I can't have it replaced because it was my spare. I only play with one stick until it breaks. I may send them an email anyway, just to see what they say.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
You weren't...a few others have.

I've heard people complain about every brand even though most people don't snap the sticks. Since this is one of the few places that has info on the Harrows, I just don't want people to get the impression that one guy broke a stick, someone else said they suck, and that's their conclusion.

I'm by no means saying it's the end-all be-all...compared to high end sticks, they are kind of heavy and have a bit of lag to the shot. I'd pay up to $125 for one, not the full $140+shipping+tax though. They're better than most cheap sticks and more durable than the high end ones and have great feel.

qwas

Apr 2, 2010
Golden B.C. Canada
I'm still learning, and enjoying my 92 flex Harrow 300, I have a few other sticks with higher flex numbers that I've been experimenting with and was thinking of picking something up with more whip, more to learn the mechanics of how to handle it.

I'm 6'4 265 would I simply snap a 75 flex stick if I tried to use it?
My son is 6'3" and snapped two 75 flex sticks in one game. One came right on the faceoff and the other on a snap shot in front of the net. If you are as big as you say I would look into an 85 or even a 90 to 100 flex.

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I put a new P88 in a 300 shaft (88 flex~) after using a Pm9 in previously. I haven't touched the shaft in months as I've been using various sticks since (Synergy SE, Warrior Dolomite, Harrow Syncro-lite).

The 300 immediately had much better puck feel and a much better feel of puck release.

qwas

Apr 2, 2010
Golden B.C. Canada
My son is 6'3" and snapped two 75 flex sticks in one game. One came right on the faceoff and the other on a snap shot in front of the net. If you are as big as you say I would look into an 85 or even a 90 to 100 flex.
Just to add to this, both shafts were over two years old. I definitely got my moneys worth out of them.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
I'm still learning, and enjoying my 92 flex Harrow 300, I have a few other sticks with higher flex numbers that I've been experimenting with and was thinking of picking something up with more whip, more to learn the mechanics of how to handle it.

I'm 6'4 265 would I simply snap a 75 flex stick if I tried to use it?

To update my original question :) I picked up the 75 and love it. Partly because my 92 is the box shape, and I realize I prefer the concave shaft of the 75, but also because I can feel myself getting more out of it by actually flexing it on the ice.

I've really leaned into it on the shooting pad and had no problems at all. I was worried it'd feel like a wet noodle in my hands, but it works just fine.

dannythekid

Nov 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I bougth a 300 in 100 flex from Robert Morris' end of season sale so it's got RMU graphics on it. I've been waiting to use it but I need to pick up a blade for it. The shaft seems nice and I've been wanting to see how a stiffer stick works for me.

Right now I use a Vector VYL one piece that's about a 87-90 flex (cut down about 3 inches but no markings for flex) and I love it.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
aNY NEW PROMOS GOING ON YET??

Just got this in an email from Harrow

days_of_deals_3.jpg

You might want to sign up for their mailing list to see what these are and if they do the 50% off again.

I'll try and post here if they do, but can't promise I'll be able to with as busy as my life is lately.

qwas

Apr 2, 2010
Golden B.C. Canada
Just picked up a Harrow Syncro ProLite 85 flex pattern 6 for my son. It is way lighter than the 300 series and he absolutely loves it. The 85 flex seems a bit stiffer than a comparable Easton but I am sure it will loosen up a bit. The stick has a much nicer feel and seems to have a lower kick point too. I called Harrow directly in Ontario and got a pretty decent deal. The stick retails for 242.00 here in Canada and I got it delivered for 199, to British Columbia. So far the Harrow people have been terrific to deal with. Will update status if my son encounters any problems with the stick but I don't anticipate any for now.

qwas

Apr 2, 2010
Golden B.C. Canada
The syncro lite has been amazing. The boys wrister is way faster and he has been scoring up a storm with it. The puck seems to leave the stick much quicker.

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
The syncro lite has been amazing. The boys wrister is way faster and he has been scoring up a storm with it. The puck seems to leave the stick much quicker.

I completely agree. I made the mistake of going with a much lower flex with it than I should (75 for a 190 frame) and it feels like a noodle but my shots go from blade to wherever in an instant. I like taking slappers with the Sakic curve because my accuracy is unreal and everything is off with that stick. So far pretty durable and responsive though.

qwas

Apr 2, 2010
Golden B.C. Canada
I completely agree. I made the mistake of going with a much lower flex with it than I should (75 for a 190 frame) and it feels like a noodle but my shots go from blade to wherever in an instant. I like taking slappers with the Sakic curve because my accuracy is unreal and everything is off with that stick. So far pretty durable and responsive though.
Ya the kid is 6'3" and about 170lbs. The 85 flex seems to be just right for him.

trtaylor

May 5, 2010
I have a like new Harrow 300 Composite #5 blade (Iginla) available. The blade is for leftys. PM if anyone is interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad