Harrow 300 Review

p5k6

Feb 14, 2010
2011 Catalog

Hey guys,

I mostly lurk around here - but I figured I'd pass this along. Harrow's released their 2011 ice hockey catalog, and they've got 3 new blade patterns (4, if you include the #8 they released mid year last year) for a total of 11.

I don't work for the company or anything, I just got a couple of sticks last year when I was first starting playing hockey based on this thread.

Personally, I'm kinda excited about the #10 (supposedly a pro stock Ovie curve clone). Dunno if I'd be able to do anything with it, but figure I could grab a blade and try it out, see what happens.

http://harrowsports.com/catalogs/default.asp?catalog=hockey2011

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
Since this thread was bumped again, I realized it's over 11 months since I got my Harrow Pants and Gloves.
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=25146804&postcount=74
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=25177668&postcount=79

Gloves are still going strong with almost a year of wear. On the right hand (my top on the stick) palm I've worn though the extra wear patch. It was made of a plasticy rubber like compound and the rubber Taki-Mac grips I use on the end of my stick seem to cling right to it, and sometime last summer while using the gloves on my shooting range that extra wear patch ripped in half. A few games later I just pulled it completely off. Since then I've been operating on just the underneath padding. It has the slightest bit of wear on it, but not much at all. The left glove (go my lower hand) still looks brand new, with no wear on the palms.

I wear these to usually 1 game a week, 2 - 3 adult skill sessions, and 1-2 hours of shooting on my shooting pad, and I've been very happy with how they feel and how durable they've been.

My deal with my wife is that she'll let me keep my gear in the basement, as long as I let her wash it weekly. (she's doing the washing, who am I to say no ;) ) While the numerous trips through the wash have done seemingly nothing to the gloves except continue to make them look brand new, they've been hell on the pants.

Most of the deterioration has come on the inside as the inner coating on the nylon helping it to be stiff has started to peel away in sections, reducing the pant's strength. There's still plenty of protection in the front, most of this has been in the back around the crotch area. The tailbone protection covers most of this weakened area but it's still annoying. I also fell in them, and had my right skate come up and cut the button off the left inside thigh. It just popped the top right off the metal button so that I can only keep the thigh closed by the zipper (which tends to open back up during the game.

I'm not as pleased with them as I am with the gloves, but they'll still hold up fine for the time being. As I mentioned most of the wear and tear seems to be coming from the washing. While I would definitely buy another pair of the Harrow 300 Gloves when the time came (or maybe even try the syncro hybrid gloves in the new catalog link p5k6 posted) I doubt I'd buy the pants again. I'd probably go with something that has a bit more protection/durability.

dannythekid

Nov 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I'd like to get rid of my Harrow 300. It's a brand new 100 Flex shaft that is branded with Robert Morris team colors, tapered shaft, deadstock from team sale. PM me if anyone is interested.

blueberrydanish

May 5, 2009
Was browsin through their catalog and site and saw that they have one standard shaft but no standard blades, did I just over look?

Not sure if this is how it works but arent tapered shafts more for lower kickpoint if so does that hinder the mid kickpoint at all? Cause really want a slapper stick and loved my one95 setup so lookin for a setup similar to that kick wise if anyone can give some input.

If not can always just throw another standard style blade in it I guess

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Technically yes, although I believe it's more for the lighter weight and better balance. A tapered blade has a shorter hosel and slightly less mass at the connection point, which means the stick has a bit better balance.

I'd stick with the One95 2-piece...best standard blade on the market and probably the best standard shaft too.

blueberrydanish

May 5, 2009
I'd stick with the One95 2-piece...best standard blade on the market and probably the best standard shaft too.

They are extinct... atleast at the regular prices they were at, and broke my last shaft a week ago but still got two blades atleast...

Anyways just curious and lookin for a decent match till something of similar price/performance that the one95 two-piece was at...might be awhile =[

qwas

Apr 2, 2010
Golden B.C. Canada
Update on the Syncro pro-lite that I bought for my son.
The stick is fantastic but it has no durability. The blade was destroyed after around 25 games. I contacted the rep about it and had no problem getting warranty. He also told me that unless you can afford to replace this stick frequently that he would not recommend it for anything over bantam. They are meant more for the pro level where the sticks are replaced frequently any way. That is not because they aren't a great stick. It is because they are a high performance stick and were designed for performance and not so much durability. He also told me that the Syncro-lite would be a better choice as it is a little stronger but only weighs about 20 grams more, not quite an ounce for you Americans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad