Harper's thoughts on fighitng in the nhl

Status
Not open for further replies.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
Well he did say that people have been fighting about it since the begging so basically things will never change

Honestly who cares what Harper thinks isn't he a leafs fan?

hogtownhabsfan*

I wonder if Cherry is going to call him a "Pinko"...

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
People should get over it. There has been fighting in hockey since hockey was created. These people are big babies.

not an argument.

had we followed the "it always been that way" mentality, goalie would still play without masks, there would be no curve on hockey sticks and players wouldnt wear any heargear other than a tuque...

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Well he did say that people have been fighting about it since the begging so basically things will never change

Harper is coy about the team he cheers for but he's had the following quote attributed to him.

"I have no problem cheering for the Canadiens when the time comes. I grew up as a Toronto Maple Leafs fan, which means that I only had Montreal to cheer for in the playoffs,".

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Take out hitting too, since that causes more injuries. Taking out fighting is stupid. Hockey is tough and can be violent at times- deal with it or find another sport to watch.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
They've already succeeded in making penalty calls more mysterious than potential life on Europa, they have added in a stupid icing rule that in two games already cost the Habs at least two beat icings that I saw, can we please for the love of hockey gods stop tinkering with the damn game already?

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
The vast majority of hockey fights are boring as ****, and the sideshow takes jobs away from players who can actually play the game.

canadiancreed

Exiled from paradise
Nov 10, 2010
Canadas Black Hole
They've already succeeded in making penalty calls more mysterious than potential life on Europa, they have added in a stupid icing rule that in two games already cost the Habs at least two beat icings that I saw, can we please for the love of hockey gods stop tinkering with the damn game already?

:handclap:

And meh, politican says something about hockey. Slow news day.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
He should be worried about fighting in jails, lol. He and his buddies have a much better chance of making it to the big house then he does of making it in the big leagues.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
People should get over it. There has been fighting in hockey since hockey was created. These people are big babies.

It's called evolution, look into it.

Take out hitting too, since that causes more injuries. Taking out fighting is stupid. Hockey is tough and can be violent at times- deal with it or find another sport to watch.

Right, because fighting is as important to the game as hitting..

And of course, if you don't like to see two big guys on a tiny pair a skate barely capable of maintaining their balance while twirling around grabbing their jerseys, not landing punches and just shoving each other around until someone falls totally means you shouldn't watch hockey.
That makes so much sense.

Not only are hockey fights useless 99% of the time, they're also very boring.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal

Sorry, I care about what Mr.Harper has to say.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.

Right, because fighting is as important to the game as hitting..

And of course, if you don't like to see two big guys on a tiny pair a skate barely capable of maintaining their balance while twirling around grabbing their jerseys, not landing punches and just shoving each other around until someone falls totally means you shouldn't watch hockey.
That makes so much sense.

Not only are hockey fights useless 99% of the time, they're also very boring.

I was just talking about injuries related to hitting / fighting, not which is more important to the game. If we want safety, make it safe- maybe bubble wrap the goalie too. I love hockey fights- when I was younger we used to practice hockey fights in the room after our games. It's just part of hockey. Your post just screams beta male to me.

habsrock76

Sep 21, 2006
Ottawa
Just a little perspective here, Harper has a hockey book based on its history coming out in a couple of months hence his recent opinions on hockey.

Apparently all the proceeds are going to a military charity.

And no I dont work for the PMO ;-)

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
He was asked a question FFS, the guy has a hockey book and he is a historian of the game. **** your politics.

prefaced his unsolicited comments Tuesday

He wasn't asked a question and he *claims* to be a fan and a historian of the game.

If Harper was worried about this 10 or 15 years ago I might believe he is serious but I don't see how this should be taken any more seriously than any other photo op he might choose to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad