Harper's thoughts on fighitng in the nhl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
He wasn't asked a question and he *claims* to be a fan and a historian of the game.

If Harper was worried about this 10 or 15 years ago I might believe he is serious but I don't see how this should be taken any more seriously than any other photo op he might choose to do.

He has the knowledge and position to comment on hockey . Stop being political.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010

No, he has the position (Prime Minister, Leader of the Opposition, MP) for the last 20 years to introduce legislation to stop fighting and head shots if he felt there was a problem with it and what has he done?

Deaner

Oct 9, 2011

.....and the time. I wonder if he prorogued Parliament to finish his book and opine on this very important question.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Do you believe the pm should be talking about hockey matters? is there a place for the prime minister to be commenting, on something as trivial as hockey, in a question period (Indonesia)?

thoughts?

this can be moved, thought it warranted a thread:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=433659

Hell no. The PM needs to keep his mouth shut about sports.

America is facing the same situation with the ****ing Obama weighing in on NFL football.

Proof of the idiocy of government leaders chiming on sports was also compliments of the ****ing Obama when he said that if it were up to him, he would change the name of the Washington Redskins in the NFL. Problem is that 90% of American Indians do not have a problem with the team name "Redskins".

**** politicians.

crystal ball

Mar 30, 2007
Ah, well, Harper might as well talk about hockey. He's not talking about climate change, spying on Brazil, the fact that Parliament is shut down while senators and MPs are caught up in illegal financial activities or anything else people actually want to hear him talk about.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax

America is facing the same situation with the ****ing Obama weighing in on NFL football.

Proof of the idiocy of government leaders chiming on sports was also compliments of the ****ing Obama when he said that if it were up to him, he would change the name of the Washington Redskins in the NFL. Problem is that 90% of American Indians do not have a problem with the team name "Redskins".

**** politicians.

As much as I disagree with you on fighting in hockey in general, I agree completely with you about this. There's no place for PM's and Presidents to be blabbing about the dealings of pro sports leagues.

Valois

Feb 12, 2012
Ottawa
I don't think he presents much of an argument, he just points out that it's nothing new. That isn't really a position.

On a related note, are we gonna start getting automated phone calls trying to trick us into not buying other books?

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
As much as I disagree with you on fighting in hockey in general, I agree completely with you about this. There's no place for PM's and Presidents to be blabbing about the dealings of pro sports leagues.

And I really do not care what party they are affiliated with......liberal or conservative. Stay out of sports.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007

**** politicians.
Harper is a genuine fan and an author on the subject .

CrazyShea

Mar 16, 2006
The Rock
not an argument.

had we followed the "it always been that way" mentality, goalie would still play without masks, there would be no curve on hockey sticks and players wouldnt wear any heargear other than a tuque...

I think these reasons are due more to changes in technology and inventions. But if the NHL can adopt hybrid icing I'm sure they can change it to no fighting. I for one would be against it and would worry what would happen in the game when people know they will never have to answer the bell.

Halifaxhab*

lil' Stevie brings up some good points

Imagine if he'd put this kind of effort running the country

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
He was asked a question FFS, the guy has a hockey book and he is a historian of the game. **** your politics.

NO he wasn't it was him wanting to hock his book. there was no question asked. Most corrupt crime minister ever.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
NO he wasn't it was him wanting to hock his book. there was no question asked. Most corrupt crime minister ever.

The proceeds of his book go to charity. If he were promoting his book, which he isn't , it would be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad