Harding vs. Backstrom?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The strib article last year only mentioned dizziness, not leg issues. I haven't seen the last becoming wild, so I can't comment on that.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
sounded like i meant Bryz was a malcontent, which wasn't what i was going for--just that we purged the guys that didn't fit. Bryz is definitely strange and I have serious doubts he'd fit in the locker room.

Well we purged guys who were sort of taxing to team morale. I'm not sure Bryz would be that kind of guy. Yeah he's a weirdo. But at the same time he could be the guy Koivu throws at Russo so he doesn't have to talk to him. That's a plus for Koivu's morale.

Also bears.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Sow what's the deal here? Is Harding #1?

Harding is the better goalie right now. Backstrom's play has dropped off this season. Harding has more wins, better numbers and hasn't been letting in easy goals. So probably, yeah.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
I think Harding will see the majority of starts until he has a bad game. Then Backstrom will rattle off a few good games, and he'll start for a while

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Harding is practically named full-time starter going forward:
“@CoreyDarula: @Russostrib who is in goal tonight?” Harding; you can bet its his net until he doesn't want it

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
A couple of us are speculating that Backs might get a start tonight. Harding has to get a break sometime, and Backs needs to stay at least in half passable game form.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
A couple of us are speculating that Backs might get a start tonight. Harding has to get a break sometime, and Backs needs to stay at least in half passable game form.

[url="https://twitter.com/Russostrib/status/399217929931468800]Harding is getting it tonight.[/url]
If you're a fantasy geek (no offense) under the guise of a "big #mnwild fan" emailer, start Josh Harding tonight at #NHLCanes

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Wonder what this is about?
Niklas Backstrom and goalie coach Bob Mason have been talking privately on the ice for at least 15+ minutes now. #mnwild

inb4tradedemand

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Out of curiosity how many games do some of you think a starter should get in a season?

I'm of the opinion that it should be around 60 games give or take. On that note I don't see one goalie being a true backup at this point, more like 1A and 1B. So I'm not sure if the mix should be closer to 50/50 or maybe give Harding only 50 games.

IMO I don't see Yeo riding Harding, at least not yet. He's doing well right now, so I say play him.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Thats true, but this seems like the kind of game where you could give the hot hand a night off for maintenance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad