Harding vs. Backstrom?

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
At this point I'd say it will be roughly a 60/40 timeshare in favor of Harding, maybe closer to 70 if he keeps playing well.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
What might be his best season, could very well be his last. Life is unfair sometimes. Harding should be the #1 goalie if he plays like he's played so far. He has my utmost respect as an athlete and as a human being.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
whoever's hot. bad game or back-to-back after a long stretch then swap em out.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
What might be his best season, could very well be his last. Life is unfair sometimes. Harding should be the #1 goalie if he plays like he's played so far. He has my utmost respect as an athlete and as a human being.

At this point in time I would rather have Harding, this year and next, than Backstrom. If it comes down to it can we compliance buyout Backstrom?

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Harding should be the starter. And it's not even close based on how they have played this year. Backstrom scares me when he is in goal, and he never did before.

Billy Mays Here*

Give Backstrom some home games and maybe one of two back-to-backs but that's about it. Harding has proved so far that he is by far the more capable goaltender and deserves at least 70% of the starts.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Harding should be starting more, but I really don't trust Yeo to do that.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Honestly it should be about a 50-50 split. Both are solid but not spectacular and have serious durability concerns. Keep them involved in games but not overworked in case one does go down as Yeo won't trust anyone behind them.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Honestly it should be about a 50-50 split. Both are solid but not spectacular and have serious durability concerns. Keep them involved in games but not overworked in case one does go down as Yeo won't trust anyone behind them.

exactly. one "hot" streak does not a goalie make. still say just ride the guy if he's doing well and when it comes to back-to-backs this time give the hot hand the "hard" game.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
exactly. one "hot" streak does not a goalie make. still say just ride the guy if he's doing well and when it comes to back-to-backs this time give the hot hand the "hard" game.

Yup. Some of the people on these boards have completely written off Backstrom, but I still think he will be fine. The guy is a professional, one little bad streak and an injury will not end his career. Plus he always seems to play better once Hards steps it up.

Capslock17

McDaigle
Mar 25, 2009
Connecticut, USA

You really think Harding will have to call it quits?

It'd be a shame. I remember when Harding was the future for the Wild, and then Backstrom happened and Harding never really got the chance to be the #1

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How interested would Minnesota be in trading for Henrik Lundqvist?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not very. That'd take a king's ransom.

I see what you did there. Well done.

I don't think it would take a king's ransom persay. Like a first, Zucker or Coyle, and one of your goalies. Maybe like a Phillips or Olofasson. Wild actually would get to keep a lot of their top assets as well.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I see what you did there. Well done.

I don't think it would take a king's ransom persay. Like a first, Zucker or Coyle, and one of your goalies. Maybe like a Phillips or Olofasson. Wild actually would get to keep a lot of their top assets as well.

Not if coyle is involved.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I don't think a goalie, even of his caliber, is someone we are going to trade for unless we get him at a discount. I think we would be far more likely to ditch Backstrom somehow in order to sign Bryz rather than spend assets that could be better spent elsewhere, either in the lineup or in a possible trade for a goal scoring forward.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not if coyle is involved.

I said Zucker or Coyle. Wouldn't expect both.

Like a 1st Zucker, Phillips or Olafsson and Harding, Kuemper or maybe even Backstrom. I don't know you guys' goalie situation as well. Just think if the Rangers wanted to sell on Lundqvist that Minnesota makes a lot of sense as a destination. Brainstorming a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00