Post-Game Talk: Hard to win when you start like that, out shot 75 to 20 lol

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
You can always find something bad, can't you?

You think the Wings should win 15-0 and outshoot them 60-7.

When you get outplayed and outshot that badly, you should be able to find something bad pretty easily.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
When you get outplayed and outshot that badly, you should be able to find something bad pretty easily.

He singled out Richards in last 2 games. He did not refer to the first 2 periods of the last game.
Mindfly sees the Wings in a perfect way were they should go 82-0 and 16-0, with GAA 0.5, GFA 8, outshooting opponents 60-10.
When we discuss we try to be as realistic as possible, mindfly is the most unrelistic poster on the board.

We have to be happy with those 2 wins for so many reasons:
1. Our best player Datsyuk out, the team wins
2. Our best defensive Dman out
3. New coach who never coached in nhl
4. Both goalies played extremely great
5. Kids played great
6. You name it

Still he finds something bad.

But everybody is allowed to an opinion.

TouringReg

Sep 27, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I thought Kindl looked ok again tonight. At this point mark Smith as the guy to sit (since they'll never bench Ericsson) when DDK is back. I thought Smith really struggled last night, had a couple of marathon shifts because he couldn't get the puck out of the zone.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
He singled out Richards in last 2 games. He did not refer to the first 2 periods of the last game.
Mindfly sees the Wings in a perfect way were they should go 82-0 and 16-0, with GAA 0.5, GFA 8, outshooting opponents 60-10.
When we discuss we try to be as realistic as possible, mindfly is the most unrelistic poster on the board.

We have to be happy with those 2 wins for so many reasons:
1. Our best player Datsyuk out, the team wins
2. Our best defensive Dman out
3. New coach who never coached in nhl
4. Both goalies played extremely great
5. Kids played great
6. You name it

Still he finds something bad.

But everybody is allowed to an opinion.

it's not exactly sunshine & rainbow though. Last 2 wins were againts Leafs and Canes. our D looks very unsorted and passive. to my untrained eyes it looked very vulnerable to cross ice pass which our next opponents Tampa just loooove to to. penalty trouble? they usually take one when they are out of position, tired, and made mistake. something to think about isnt it? these are very real matters.

I agree on mindfly but that's his charm. Leave him be.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
At this point it's pretty easy to find something to complain about. Only Z, Abby, Larkin and the goalies have been good enough to avoid critique. I wouldn't single out Richards/Smith/anyone as being worse than the others.

The 3rd period yesterday at least showed how many options we have. We can really throw out some interesting line combinations with the depth we have. When Datsyuk returns we could create some real tough matchups for the opposition.

Like so:

Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Larkin
Tatar-Datsyuk-Pulkkinen
Franzen-Richards-Nyquist
Miller-Glendening-Sheahan

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Our forward corps looks so much better with Z/D separated, but can Z hold up a full season at center? I'm doubtful. Maybe he and Larkin switch places on that line in a month?

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I wish we could get Jurco in, but for who?

Maybe Ferraro. But we have almost too many forwards atm. I have no idea what is gonna happen when helm and dats return. Unless when they return it prompts Kenny to make a trade for a pick or a prospect or something. But we are chock full of forwards once the 2 injuries return.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
This is how I could possibly see it once Datsyuk gets back.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
Nyquist-Larkin-Tatar
Franzen-Richards-Sheahan
Miller-Glendening-Helm
Jurco-Pulkkinen

Waivers Andersson Ferraro

I guess if need be you could swap Richards and Sheahan on the 3rd line. Richards as a winger at this stage of his career might not be to bad.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Our forward corps looks so much better with Z/D separated, but can Z hold up a full season at center? I'm doubtful. Maybe he and Larkin switch places on that line in a month?
Yeah that's the question. I think with Larkin on his line his burden is at least lessened. It's been mentioned before but Z can take the faceoffs and then Larkin plays in the middle.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I thought Kindl looked ok again tonight. At this point mark Smith as the guy to sit (since they'll never bench Ericsson) when DDK is back. I thought Smith really struggled last night, had a couple of marathon shifts because he couldn't get the puck out of the zone.

Agree strong start by Kindl, he's even used his body well.

Don't think anyone on defense has been as bad as some say though, all but Kronwall has had lapses I think. Some of our D suffer from playing on the off side, namely Ericsson and Smith. Put Quincey and Kindl there instead and see what happens..

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
why is Marchenko even in the NHL if he's just gonna be a healthy scratch?

I get that the new coach wants to give Kindl a shot while DeKeyser is out and that's fine but you'd think they would at least want Marchenko to get some games in in the AHL,especially with all his injuries

if they need someone to not play why not call up Lashoff or something?

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
So both Jurco and Pulkkinen play and Glenny sits out, Yeah don't see that happening.

It won't happen and that's a good thing.

Some people will never understand the value of a guy like Glendening. He's the type of player you need in your bottom 6 to win, especially down the stretch and in the postseason.

4 scoring lines simply isn't realistic, unless they're all 2 way players too, which they most certainly aren't. This isn't Team Canada's roster we're dealing with.

Even with our forward depth, it would take a heck of a lot for me to ever consider pulling Glendening from our lineup. And fortunately I know Blashill feels the same.

And with all of that being said, I'd rather see Jurco on that 4th line role than Ferraro.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

I get that the new coach wants to give Kindl a shot while DeKeyser is out and that's fine but you'd think they would at least want Marchenko to get some games in in the AHL,especially with all his injuries

Because Trashoff sucks? It's fine. Marchenko goes down with DD comes back.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Because Trashoff sucks? It's fine. Marchenko goes down with DD comes back.

no arguments there I just meant if the idea was just to have a body to sit and just be a healthy scratch

not a huge deal just seems weird especially with all the talking Holland does about wanting prospects to get minutes

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I'm not sure how this opinion will fly, but if XO, Jensen and/or Marchenko can't even beat out Kindl right now, I don't see much of a future for any of them. Sure, they'll be on the team next year, but they won't be of any improvement to the overall defensive core.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm not sure how this opinion will fly, but if XO, Jensen and/or Marchenko can't even beat out Kindl right now, I don't see much of a future for any of them. Sure, they'll be on the team next year, but they won't be of any improvement to the overall defensive core.

In the same boat. All are underwhelming to me. Defensive pipeline is Saarijärvi and a bunch of other guys as far as I'm concerned.

johnnyarmstrong

Jun 14, 2015
however, having glendening play instead of junco isn't the worst idea. pulkkinen is definitely more valuable.

zetterberg datsyuk abby
tatar larkin pulkkinen
franzen richards nyquist
helm sheahan glendening

sheahan and glendening rotate on draws. one lefty one righty.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

A lot of people have wanted Jensen/Marchenko/XO on the team even if it's as the #7. I agree it's not great to have a guy like that just sitting. But at least he's practicing with the NHL team and maybe he'll get to jump in soon. It's only been 2 games.

For whatever reason, slow-cooking our D-men in the AHL doesn't seem to be working. They just don't seem to be taking that next step down there. So maybe it's better to at least have them on the NHL team.

It won't happen and that's a good thing.

Some people will never understand the value of a guy like Glendening. He's the type of player you need in your bottom 6 to win, especially down the stretch and in the postseason.

4 scoring lines simply isn't realistic, unless they're all 2 way players too, which they most certainly aren't. This isn't Team Canada's roster we're dealing with.

Even with our forward depth, it would take a heck of a lot for me to ever consider pulling Glendening from our lineup. And fortunately I know Blashill feels the same.

And with all of that being said, I'd rather see Jurco on that 4th line role than Ferraro.
Glenny is invaluable to this team. Through 2 games he's created more scoring chances than anyone outside of our top line, and he's a beast defensively and on the PK.

They are all pretty 'meh' unfortunately, but if Kindl wasn't signed to that hard-to-get-rid-of contract he would likely be gone. He is getting a chance by Blashill but I still wouldn't say Kindl is a better option than Marchenko or XO.

glendening is terrible besides pk
Very wrong. He is likely one of the best 4th liners in the entire league. He is extremely important to our team.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005

You're assuming they're not just showcasing Kindl and/or Smith. I assume that as well given Holland and his record, but it's technically a possibility.

Also you know there will be injuries on d over the course of the season. We'll get a look at Jensen at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad