News Article: Hard for Lundqvist to "picture myself playing elsewhere"

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I'd reckon it'd be hard for anyone to do anything that detracts from what they've been committed to for the last decade.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Surprised to hear him say that.

Not that I think he envisions himself playing and living in Buffalo, Pittsburgh or Winnipeg, but at the end of the season, he seemed very cautious not to give any leverage away.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Lundy1.jpg

he looks good rocking that isles jersey

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
No I mean the kind of people who photoshop Lundqvist's head on an Islander jersey.

And yes, of course I'm kidding.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
if he actually thought i was an isles fan i would like to take back my vote for -31- as funniest poster
No take-backsies.

Our relationship has soured after you eliminated Boyle from the elimination game anyways.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
No I mean the kind of people who photoshop Lundqvist's head on an Islander jersey.

And yes, of course I'm kidding.

oh ok i had that picture from the lundqvist to the isles people when this blard thought he would leave for them to get a pay day

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
While I would pay Hank a ton, I get the feeling that he's going to take a fair contract to prove to everyone how much he really wants to be here. We'll see... I still stand by my opinion though that I would give him 8M no question.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Not that I think he envisions himself playing and living in Buffalo, Pittsburgh or Winnipeg, but at the end of the season, he seemed very cautious not to give any leverage away.

Leverage? Do you think the Rangers dropping that line in negotiations is going to seal the deal? You think it'd stop other teams from throwing a boatload of money at the best goalie on earth?

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
saying the Rangers have "leverage" with Lundqvist, is like saying the Yankees have leverage with Cano

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Leverage? Do you think the Rangers dropping that line in negotiations is going to seal the deal? You think it'd stop other teams from throwing a boatload of money at the best goalie on earth?
If the Rangers don't believe Lundqvist sees signing with another team as a legitimate option, it will of course have a big impact on negotiations.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

That was before Torts was let go.

KreiMeARiver*

I think Hank simply wants to see how things go with AV for a while. If he gets canned and replaced by John Muckler half-way through, I'd say he might walk.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

I think a tremendous amount has been interpreted into that one question out of the blue (if he was willing to negotiate a new contract in advance). Its asked like 13 month's before his contract is up. He was obviously not prepared for it nor really had thought the situation through. He says only good things about the organization, nothing negative. Then he laughs and says that he has to talk with his agent.

I am not saying that he gave the response you get from 10 other players in that situation. But that is what people really are basing their reaction to it from, not what he actually said and did not say.

These guys are often machines when you ask them questions. Hank isn't quite like that. And he also seem like the type who could think alot about what to eat for lunch or what cloath to wear. Did he really think more about keep playing for his current team than anyone would? Or did he just -- out loud -- go like "what do I want to do the rest of my life eehehhhh iiii is there things I need to consider here?"

Last edited:

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
I think a tremendous amount has been interpreted into that one question out of the blue (if he was willing to negotiate a new contract in advance). Its asked like 13 month's before his contract is up. He was obviously not prepared for it nor really had thought the situation through. He says only good things about the organization, nothing negative. Then he laughs and says that he has to talk with his agent.

I am not saying that he gave the response you get from 10 other players in that situation. But that is what people really are basing their reaction to it from, not what he actually said and did not say.

These guys are often machines when you ask them questions. Hank isn't quite like that. And he also seem like the type who could think alot about what to eat for lunch or what cloath to wear. Did he really think more about keep playing for his current team than anyone would? Or did he just -- out loud -- go like "what do I want to do the rest of my life eehehhhh iiii is there things I need to consider here?"

Pretty much how I thought about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad