HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-11-25_13-11-24.png

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm a bit of a recluse, so isolation hasn't been an issue for me.

We usually use Thanksgiving as a benchmark as to whether a team will make the playoffs. Obviously that's not happening this year, and combined with unceasing warm weather where I'm at, it just doesn't feel like Thanksgiving. I know, first world problems.;)

And I do miss the interaction here when we have games.

So I wish everyone here a Happy Thanksgiving!

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Happy thanksgiving everybody. Thankful for the LF we have here.

currently awaiting covid results so i will be drinking and watching football by myself, oh goodie

family is making a plate and putting it on the porch. They live a mile from me so that’s neat. They told me not to worry about it and come inside for dinner but there’s a 0.0% I do that after coming down with a respiratory/nasal thing. Probably just a cold but I’ve got My dad a month out of the ICU for an appendectomy that experienced complications, an immuno-compromised sister with 18Q-, and a grandmother with cancer all at that house. I’d sooner jump in front a train than risk all of that without a negative test

The family time/holiday merriment can wait a couple days for me, Saturday is just around the corner

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Happy thanksgiving everybody. Thankful for the LF we have here.

currently awaiting covid results so i will be drinking and watching football by myself, oh goodie

family is making a plate and putting it on the porch. They live a mile from me so that’s neat. They told me not to worry about it and come inside for dinner but there’s a 0.0% I do that after coming down with a respiratory/nasal thing. Probably just a cold but I’ve got My dad a month out of the ICU for an appendectomy that experienced complications, an immuno-compromised sister with 18Q-, and a grandmother with cancer all at that house. I’d sooner jump in front a train than risk all of that without a negative test

The family time/holiday merriment can wait a couple days for me, Saturday is just around the corner
I too am quarantining. Near someone who was near someone. Sucks. Waiting for results. I too have relatives in high risk and I am too. Sigh......Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Last edited:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

11 seasons (more if you count Frasier), and the only time we get to see Vera.

I binged Cheers at the start of the pandemic - before Peacock stole it. (Is it still on Netflix? Is it behind the Peacock paywall?) This may be heresy, but my favorite episode was a later episode, in the post-Diane era - season 10 two-part finale, Woody's wedding. It's set up like a great British farce, and has some good old Cheers slapstick, just like this scene.

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
11 seasons (more if you count Frasier), and the only time we get to see Vera.

I binged Cheers at the start of the pandemic - before Peacock stole it. (Is it still on Netflix? Is it behind the Peacock paywall?) This may be heresy, but my favorite episode was a later episode, in the post-Diane era - season 10 two-part finale, Woody's wedding. It's set up like a great British farce, and has some good old Cheers slapstick, just like this scene.

NBC flat out stole the show from WCVB

But three years before Sam, Diane, Frasier, Carla, and Norm, there was another group of quirky barflies on the airwaves around Boston. September 1979 marked the debut of Park St. Under, a show (stop me if you’ve heard this one) about a Boston neighborhood bar, led by a Red Sox player turned bartender; a short, dark-haired employee with attitude; a world-weary civil servant working for the local government; an absent-minded old-timer offering comic relief; and yes, even a local psychiatrist turning the show’s barroom into a regular place of both business and play. Produced in Needham on a modest budget, it has been touted as the first local, independent weekly sitcom ever made, and during its short run it revolutionized ideas of what an independent broadcast TV station could do. Perhaps most important, it was a hit with Boston audiences before it faded into the pop-culture ether.

The Cheers Conspiracy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad