OT: Happy Thanksgiving!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Nov. 29, 1965, edition of The Berkshire Eagle.

LEE — Because they couldn't find a dump open in Great Barrington, two youths threw a load of refuse down a Stockbridge hillside on Thanksgiving Day.

Saturday, Richard J. Robbins, 19, of Poughkeepsie, N.Y., and Arlo Guthrie, 18, of Howard Beach N.Y., each paid a fine of $25 in Lee District Court after pleading guilty of illegally disposing of rubbish. Special Justice James E. Hannon ordered the youths to remove all the rubbish. They did so Saturday afternoon, following a heavy rain.

Police Chief William J. Obanhein of Stockbridge said later the youths found dragging the junk up the hillside much harder than throwing it down. He said he hoped their cases would be an example to others who are careless about disposal of rubbish.
The junk included a divan, plus nearly enough bottles, garbage, paper and boxes to fill their Volkswagen bus.
"The stuff would take up at least half of a goodsized pickup truck," Chief Obanhein said.
The rubbish was thrown into the Nelson Foote Sr. property on Prospect Street, a residential section of Stockbridge consisting largely of estates on the hill across from Indian Hill School.

Chief Obanhein told the court he spent "a very disagreeable two hours" looking through the rubbish before finding a clue to who had thrown it there. He finally found a scrap of paper bearing the name of a Great Barrington man. Subsequent investigations indicated Robbins and Guthrie had been visiting that Great Barrington man and had agreed to cart away the rubbish for him. They told the court that, when they found the Barrington dump closed, they drove around and then disposed of the junk by tossing it over the Stockbridge hillside.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I'm Canadian but take tomorrow off to feel the Holiday like you guys and to watch the Bruins go 4-0-0 with both Bergeron and Krejci in the lineup!

Reactions: sooshii

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Happy T'giving to all! Even if you have to cook for 20, enjoy it. It seems like every few years we lose another member of our family. Only 6 of us together today. Count your blessings.

Reactions: Gee Wally and BMC

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
DPU2EMkVwAAM6e2.jpg:large

Acciari looks rather comfortable with a football in his hands.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Happy T'giving to all! Even if you have to cook for 20, enjoy it. It seems like every few years we lose another member of our family. Only 6 of us together today. Count your blessings.

I hear you on that. Through the years we've gone from 15 to 2.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Happy Thanksgiving! I always take the day off to watch the Bruins, I just don't get the feast to go with it! I hope everyone has a great holiday.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Be well friend and I hear you about this place and those who post here being so supportive and encouraging, had to lean a bit on friends here too.

Today I am doing two talks to a few local high schools about my experience with Drugs/Alcohol, I don`t preach the "kids don`t do drugs" BS, I speak simply about my experience and how quickly and how dangerous and tragically painful my actions had on myself and most importantly others.

I`m grateful that I`m in a place where maybe, just maybe, something I say may help another.

Peace my friend
Andrew. ..some of your words have helped me over the years.

Elvis P

U aint nothin but a hound dog cryin all the time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The Civil War was fought from Vermont to New Mexico. Look it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad