HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Happy Fourth Of July everybody

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1688495096874.png

gorskic

For the first time since moving up here, I did the silly tourist thing in the morning and watched the parade and reading of the Declaration of Independence. It was fun and I enjoyed it. Then I had lunch and processed over to Trillium and had snacks and too much beer with a good friend slash now former co-worker. Which was also very nice. New job starts tomorrow!

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
For the first time since moving up here, I did the silly tourist thing in the morning and watched the parade and reading of the Declaration of Independence. It was fun and I enjoyed it. Then I had lunch and processed over to Trillium and had snacks and too much beer with a good friend slash now former co-worker. Which was also very nice. New job starts tomorrow!
Doesn’t sound silly to me.

Happy 4th everyone.

God Bless the USA

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
hold up....Thomas Jefferson and John Adams BOTH died on July 4th, 1826 - exactly 50 years after the declaration of independence? What in the holy hell

And even though they were vicious and bitter political rivals, they kept up a friendly correspondence all throughout their lives. Up till the very week they died, they were constantly writing each other letters.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Got to see the “local” fireworks on my sister’s back porch. My niece was completely unfazed by them.

The rules around here are iffy at best so there are multiple houses setting them off and luckily not all at once. They only set them off last night and tonight which is so refreshing.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I see people complaining about how Bloomberg has ruined the Pops on the 4th.

The reality is if Michael Bloomberg hadn't stepped up in 2017 the concert would have been discontinued. David Mugar burnt too many bridges over the years, especially with WGBH and WCVB with the terrible blunder of going to CBS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad