GDT: Happiness is but a mere episode in the general drama of pain: Penguins at Coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Isolating on Kunitz this period. He can't do anything with the puck, but the reason he doesn't get "punished" I think is because he never ever makes the wrong read.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
It'd be cool if Sid could get another point for sole possession of first place. I'm entering the TEOT philosophy of "at least we can strive for regular season hardware"

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Isolating on Kunitz this period. He can't do anything with the puck, but the reason he doesn't get "punished" I think is because he never ever makes the wrong read.

Means nothing if he's always a second or two behind the play.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Hey remember how johnston's system was supposed to have forwards swinging back to aid the breakout and to build up speed, and how if they didn't have a clean break out available they'd pass it back to the D to start over, you know like a proper puck possession system like chicago or detroit?

Notice how that never happens? Notice how the second they get the puck they just struggle to outskate the forecheckers out of their zone until they inevitably run into the defenders in the neutral zone, which coupled with the backcheckers they're not able to outskate inevitably leads to a turnover or a weak dump with zero speed entering the zone?

Over and over and over? I don't have any nhl coaching experience either just pay me I'm available.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

wrng.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Well stated. There's a reason he's always a half second late. The legs and especially the hands, not the reads.

In that sense, he's Guerin circa 2010. Unfortunately, he's being treated as such.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Hey remember how johnston's system was supposed to have forwards swinging back to aid the breakout and to build up speed, and how if they didn't have a clean break out available they'd pass it back to the D to start over, you know like a proper puck possession system like chicago or detroit?

Notice how that never happens? Notice how the second they get the puck they just struggle to outskate the forecheckers out of their zone until they inevitably run into the defenders in the neutral zone, which coupled with the backcheckers they're not able to outskate inevitably leads to a turnover or a weak dump with zero speed entering the zone?

Over and over and over? I don't have any nhl coaching experience either just pay me I'm available.

The Pens lack the personnel/mix of personnel to pull it off.

crawz87

Mar 18, 2010
Lol Crosby and Letang in on another goal tonight. And Sutter's ass goal is our secondary scoring guys.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Well stated. There's a reason he's always a half second late. The legs, not the reads.

In that sense, he's Guerin circa 2010. Unfortunately, he's being treated as such.

Guerin 2010. Good comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad