Proposal: Hanifin to VAN for 7OA

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Crazy how people would rather roll the dice with 7# overall than having a young sure fire top 4 D.
...Except very few people are saying that.

The disconnect is what Canucks fans want to offer as the plus with the 7th overall vs what Hurricanes fans want.

Please try to keep up or don’t post at all.

Byzantium

Jun 17, 2017
...Except very few people are saying that.

The disconnect is what Canucks fans want to offer as the plus with the 7th overall vs what Hurricanes fans want.

Please try to keep up or don’t post at all.
What kind of nonsense post is this? My comment was directed towards people who'd rather have 7th overall than Hanifin and not every nucks fan in the thread.

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I only see this happening if the canes take svechnikov but also fall in love with wahlstrom/tkachuk, who is still there at 7.

IRL if the nucks called about Hanifin, carolina would want pettersson and thats where it would end. they need a young top 6 C or an elite prospect that has a high chance of turning into one

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Why the hell do we want Hanifin?

Potential? He's had three years on NHL play to show he's big time

Results: His team is awful and his stats completely unimpressive.

3 rears, accomplishments? NOTHING

I'd rather take a chance on getting an impact player at 7, then this guy, and I don't give a shit about hype, has shown nothing in three years.

You can keep him. 30 pts and a -20 on a team that is flacid and weak, doesn't impress me. And isn't the type of player who is going to turn the crap-show in Vancouver around, we need IMPACT players.....this guy ain't it.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Why do you people all think we need draft picks? This team spent years stockpiling tbem and have turned them into a bunch of great young prospects that are ready to come up. Now is not the time to get rid of our best players in exchange for more prospects. Give us Markstrom and a good forward maybe.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com

I'd rather take a chance on getting an impact player at 7, then this guy, and I don't give a **** about hype, has shown nothing in three years.

You can keep him. 30 pts and a -20 on a team that is flacid and weak, doesn't impress me. And isn't the type of player who is going to turn the crap-show in Vancouver around, we need IMPACT players.....this guy ain't it.

okay

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

I'd rather take a chance on getting an impact player at 7, then this guy, and I don't give a **** about hype, has shown nothing in three years.

I think that your assessment of Hanifin is a tad harsh.

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
Why would Carolina trade a player for a pick that would get them a player that may or may not be as good as the player they just traded away?

This is the nugget that gets overlooked in all these Hanifin trade for a pick scenarios. Trading him for a pick has an up side of getting a player as good as he is now, but 3 years down the line. This just doesn't help.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
7th + demko is interesting as a starter TBH

obviously not the whole deal but could be a very intriguing option
Thats a no fly on the Canucks side. Demko is the future, we aren't going to stick with Markstrom forever and DiPietro is way to far off right now.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Two things....the "everybody is available from Carolina but Aho" always seems to ignore the obvious second half of that phrase which is "...for the right price".

Noah Hanifin was the #5 pick in his draft and, while he's not progressed as fast as Provorov or Werenski, he has developed exactly along the path that defenseman typically develop. He's advanced each and every year and we, again, expect a similar jump in production and capabilities this season.

As others have said, you're not getting him for a lower draft pick and an unproven prospect, not matter how good the prospect. The 7th OA and DiPietro doesn't get the phone answered. The 7th OA and Demko might get the Canes brain trust to answer the phone, but only to tell you that it isn't going to be enough. We certainly understand if you feel that the trade conversation would then end. But Carolina isn't trading one of their highest value assets (who is still getting better) for futures only.

I'm not sure what package the Canucks could put together that would entice the Canes into a deal. I'm not the front office, so who knows, but from a fan's perspective, the deal would have to include a Horvat or something similar....and if I was Vancouver, I wouldn't do that either.
And thats what makes us bad trading partners. Horvat is the next captain, the heart and soul and currently our #1 center so thats a no-go right off the bat. Also Demko is pretty much a no-go especially if you want both that and the #7 pick, I would rather sit back and see if Demko can develop into the starter that the "hockey experts" predict him to be and see 3 years of a young ELC player. At this stage of the Canucks rebuild, picking up Hanifin makes no sense for us, I would love the player to help the D but its not worth the Carolina asking price.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Hanafin is worth way more than a 7OA

In his draft year, I would put the following ahead of Hanafin: mcdavid, eichel, Werenski, Provorov, boeser, rantanen, barzal, aho, Marner, Connor, and Debrusk
So if Hanafin slides out of the top 10, and given his contract demands are going to be significant, I'd say 7OA is better value than him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00