Movies: Han Solo Solo Film (May 26, 2018): Alden Ehrenreich cast as Han Solo.

JA

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/star-wars-episode-viii-details-alden-ehrenreich-han-solo-1201816017/
‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’ New Details Revealed, Alden Ehrenreich Officially Introduced as Young Han Solo
Ian Freer
July 17, 2016 | 08:54AM PT

After months of speculation, Alden Ehrenreich (“Hail Caesar!”) was officially announced as young Han Solo. He was brought in front of the crowd of 4000 to a rapturous reception.

“We thought this was the hardest casting challenge of all time. They were the biggest boots to fill,” said Miller.

Casting Solo, Lord and Miller looked at over 3000 people, “but we cast the first person who walked through the door,” said Miller. “Sorry Kathy — we wasted your money.”

“I am going to take it out of your salary,” quipped Kennedy.

Ehrenreich said, “I read the sides and I loved them. I auditioned for six months. The coolest part was I went on the Falcon for a chemistry test with Chewbacca. It was unbelievable. It was more exciting than nerve-racking.”

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
To quote Solo: "I got a bad feeling about this."

Not a fan of these types of movies/shows since we know how it ends. Might be worse in this case: "Yay, it's Solo! Oh wait, he get's killed by his own whiny brat in some 30+ years."

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It will probably depend on how well Ehrenreich pulls off a young Han Solo. It's just hard to picture anybody but Harrison Ford as that character.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
At least Kasdan is writing and they didn't cast that Anthony Ingruber and his cringey Han Solo impression.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm willing to give it a chance. I loved episode 7. I know it's got its flaws but most of the star wars movies do. Rogue One looks really good. I think Disney is doing well with the franchise so far. And they've done Marvel justice for the most part. This isn't a GREAT idea but I don't think it's a surefire failure.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
well I love Star Wars, Force Awakens was very good, I think it's nice having a decade + between a new series, I think when stuff is done in haste just to strike while the iron is hot and capitalize on the craze, the quality drops, and now Hollywood just floods us with stuff for the sake of making money... people need to start branching out and finding other stuff... I don't want Star Wars to become like all the rest of these comic book movie franchises which have IMO completely destroyed Hollywood and consuming the industry almost entirely, transforming into a one trick pony.

I'm down with Rogue One, the trailer looks cool, but take it easy with all the other spin offs.

Last edited:

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
At least Kasdan is writing and they didn't cast that Anthony Ingruber and his cringey Han Solo impression.

I'd rather go with that guy cause he actually looks like a young Harrison Ford and, if this is something they want to do multiple movies with, coach him well and give him time to grow as an actor into the role. Cause at least he looks like Solo :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad