Movies: Han Solo Solo Film (May 26, 2018): Alden Ehrenreich cast as Han Solo.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'd rather go with that guy cause he actually looks like a young Harrison Ford and, if this is something they want to do multiple movies with, coach him well and give him time to grow as an actor into the role. Cause at least he looks like Solo :laugh:

I'd rather go with a guy who's a good actor and not just a face. Even to be coached, you need to have some sort of natural ability to start from.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The Adventures of Young Han Solo

Disgusted-GIF.gif

Even though I knew it was coming I still shudder.

Instead of taking the original trilogy audio and turning it into a set of animated films or video games...

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
AC Crispen's young Han Solo books are some of the best in the entire EU but I rather profoundly doubt that this movie includes its themes of duty, uncertainty, and loyalty

DyerMaker66*

The Adventures of Young Han Solo

Disgusted-GIF.gif

Even though I knew it was coming I still shudder.

Instead of taking the original trilogy audio and turning it into a set of animated films or video games...

Like we haven't played through episodes 4, 5, and 6 enough.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I thought the kid doing impressions had that, but maybe that's just me.
Even being able to do the best impression of someone doesn't translate to good acting.

But it's not even a good impression though. Vocally, fine. But he couldn't control his face to look serious enough about it. Or like the character. It looked and sounded like he was clenching his entire body in an attempt to perfectly replicate the sound of some of Han Solo's lines. The whole point of Han Solo is the wit and charm comes freely and almost casually. I didn't see it in him.

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
AC Crispen's young Han Solo books are some of the best in the entire EU but I rather profoundly doubt that this movie includes its themes of duty, uncertainty, and loyalty

The Crispen books were some of my favorite. It was such a comfy trilogy and did a good job of working in a Han Solo origin that felt right. I hope they pull from it.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Interestingly enough in the third book of that series a Rebel cell gets wiped out while transmitting the Death Star plans to the Tantive IV. And now the first standalones are Rogue One and the Han Solo movie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad