Player Discussion Hampus Lindholm III - the Return/Revenge of the Swede?

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
His value might be a late 1st and solid prospect at most …. IMO that isn’t even close to worth moving him unless he straight up says he won’t sign in Anaheim
Just saw on Twitter the Ducks are asking for a 1st+ for Manson or Rakell. Don't you think the ask would be a lot higher for Linholm?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Just saw on Twitter the Ducks are asking for a 1st+ for Manson or Rakell. Don't you think the ask would be a lot higher for Linholm?
Asking for and receiving are 2 different things.

1st + could mean a lot of things,

I think manson/rakell would be lucky to get a 1st still, where i think lindholm would get a 1st + comfortably

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Just doing a quick search and this is all I can find:

The tweet is from April of 2021, though. ::: raising shoulders :::

It was from an article I was reading talking about the Leafs and Ducks as trade partners. Couldn't find it. Article was current but not sure who or when the tweet was from.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

It was from an article I was reading talking about the Leafs and Ducks as trade partners. Couldn't find it. Article was current but not sure who or when the tweet was from.

I think I found the article talking about the Leafs trading for one of the Ducks' defensemen in The Hockey Writers' site: Maple Leafs 2022 Trade Targets on the Anaheim Ducks.

The article is from an author positing trade ideas for the Leafs. THW's author, Shane Seney, already did two other Maple Leafs trade target articles with the Senators and Kraken. In the article, Seney included that tweet of Andy Strickland from April 2021, which I already shared above. I can see how easy it is to think the tweet was recent when the article was published today on Jan 22, 2022. The article itself is cheesy, though. The author cites that Manson is the security blanket. Okay. Then the author writes that Lindholm plays a completely different style than Manson as Lindholm is classified as a finesse defenseman. Lindholm = finesse? :huh:

Reactions: Trojans86

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
hard to imagine ducks not signing this guy considering how good he is and how much cap room
they have. but if for some reason they don't, bruins would be great fit. hard to say what they plan
to do, since there are holes at 2C and LHD. but lindholm checks off every box for what they want.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
hard to imagine ducks not signing this guy considering how good he is and how much cap room
they have. but if for some reason they don't, bruins would be great fit. hard to say what they plan
to do, since there are holes at 2C and LHD. but lindholm checks off every box for what they want.
Would be a huge blow if we can’t get lindholm resigned… prob underrated league wide, even amongst duck fans he gets pretty underrated. I imagine if he was ever made available that basically every playoff team would be ringing.

Reactions: Masch78

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017

I would say that this take aged very well.

Lindholm/McAvoy is gonna be an absolute treat of a top pairing to watch every night. Enjoy it and take good care of him.

Reactions: CDJ
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I was more emotional about losing Manson but maybe it's just the numbness setting in with the realization that house is and will be cleaned. He's the far better player though. Good luck!

Reactions: Arthuros

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Hampus Lindholm.png

Ducks Hampus Lindholm stats and Ducks rank for defenseman

Regular season
Games: 582 (4th)
Goals: 57 (3rd)
Assists: 165 (3rd)
+/-: +74 (1st)

Playoffs
Games: 55
Goals: 4
Assists:17
+/-: +11

Will miss him.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Glad Boston saw him as a big part of their future and gave him the 8 years, no doubt their fans will enjoy watching him, and appreciate him. Hopefully he has a really good 8 years and proves Anaheim management and fans that doubt him wrong

6.5 is pretty solid deal, and Boston’s window is now…. So even if he does age bad towards the end it really shouldn’t be too harmful for them.

Now I have to buy a New Jersey and find a new favorite player… maybe Sam steel

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Say what you want about him as a player but in my opinion hampus had the best glow up in ducks history

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad