Player Discussion Hampus Lindholm III - the Return/Revenge of the Swede?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
If we can't meet his or his fanboys' definition of a fair offer, then it's only right we send him away to wherever he'd like to go. Some Swedish nirvana. Valhalla? Valhalla is good, right? The land of irritating furniture and zero skambuds.

wraparound

May 17, 2014
It's a win-win trade to send him to Winnipeg.

CBJ for Jones+. Already signed at 5.4 x 6, #1 potential, RH to pair with Fowler or Theodore, gets Hampus out of the West

I'm soured on Hampus at this point, tbh. He claimed he wanted to stay with the team, and yet here we are 7 games into the season & he still isn't even in the same country, let alone county, as his teammates.

Mind you, I'm even more irritated with Murray's mishandling of the team's money & decision to bring back Carlyle. This has to be a make or break season for the GM, right?

Ideally, the Ducks find a way to keep Hampus without having to sacrifice Theo or Montour to move out one of Stoner or Bieksa's contracts. I'm not holding my breath, though. Something in my gut tells me we won't be entirely thrilled with how the Lindholdout situation ends...

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Our third pairing defenseman isn't as good as our top four defenseman? I need to listen to this guy's podcast to find out what other secrets lie behind the stats.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It's cute how he thinks that Vatanen is the best defenseman on the team, and how he creates a neutral zone score that's simply based on raw % differences with no weighting for the actual numbers of zone entries/zone exits.

And now some advanced stats wonks will say he's "proven" something about the players involved.

Oct 18, 2011
yeah but the poor breakouts accentuate the point he is trying to make, Bob is apparently taking somewhat of a hard line against his best dman, while he has overpaid others who are far inferior players....

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
"This season, Vatanen has been left on an island"

Which games are you watching, dude?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
So he should compound one mistake with another?

Exactly.

He ****ed up before. That happened. He can't change that. He can mitigate the damage, but that's the best he can do. The mistakes were made.

That doesn't mean he shouldn't try to do his best to get the right deal for Anaheim with Lindholm. If he had done that before with Stoner and Bieksa, maybe we wouldn't be in this situation.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
yeah but the poor breakouts accentuate the point he is trying to make, Bob is apparently taking somewhat of a hard line against his best dman, while he has overpaid others who are far inferior players....

The poor breakouts are also accentuated by the forwards not being where they should, and the poor offensive zone entries are compounded by forwards standing at the blue line instead of skating. Lindholm not being on the ice doesn't make the zone exits of every other defenseman worse. It's the scheme that's being used, not the personnel.

KeepItDeep

Jun 19, 2007
Sierra Nevadas
"This season, Vatanen has been left on an island"

Which games are you watching, dude?

None.

If he had, he would have spun some stats that would have supported what all eyes see: Cam Fowler hands down has been our best defenseman this season. In fact, he's been the best defenseman on the ice in every one of our games, no matter the sweater.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
Curious to gauge opinions:

Would you personally trade Hampus for Nylander/Marner? If no, what addition would TOR need to make?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
For an un-signed (but RFA) Lindholm, yes. For a signed Lindholm? I'd want more. I'm not quite sure how much more, but enough to help the risk of Marner or Nylander falling short of their potential.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I think we should embrace this guy's mindset. Vatanen being a superior defenseman to Fowler means that we can command a superior price for him in trade.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
If Hall was the price to get an inferior defenseman, there's a minimum of a 1st being added to get a much better defenseman for a player you hope turns out to produce like Hall has.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
The maple leafs would not trade Matthews for Lindolm and 2 firsts let's get real here and Lindholm is my favorite player on the team.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
If Hall was the price to get an inferior defenseman, there's a minimum of a 1st being added to get a much better defenseman for a player you hope turns out to produce like Hall has.

That's how I see it too. Players like Marner and Nylander are terrific young talents, but they aren't better than Hall was when he was traded, and I'm not sure their realistic potential is greater than his either.

It would probably need to be a top 3-protected 1st but a 1st sounds right.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
The maple leafs would not trade Matthews for Lindolm and 2 firsts let's get real here and Lindholm is my favorite player on the team.

You just don't understand what I'm saying. I'm saying that the only way that I would trade him there right now is if they offered Matthews. Till Lindholm states that he doesn't want to sign here, the price is steep. I don't give a **** how shiny the new toys like Marner and Nylander are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad