Newsday: Hamonic Rescinds Trade Request!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Thank God is right.

So glad to listen to Hamonic's interview, saying his family member's health issue has stabilized.
The isles off season has gotten off to a huge, positive start.

Maybe, doesn't really matter about the why or how. Some of us kept up the hope he would stay and he did. All I can say is I am glad I never dropped any hate bombs on him for it. At least we can enjoy the final outcome with a clean conscience.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
A buddy of mine who is a scout who called (maybe correctly) that Reinhart would not make it in the NHL recently compared DalColle to Rupp. Hopefully he's wrong on that one.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
A buddy of mine who is a scout who called (maybe correctly) that Reinhart would not make it in the NHL recently compared DalColle to Rupp. Hopefully he's wrong on that one.

I am 100% fine if Snow trades any of our prospects as part of a deal for a top line winger. That absolutely includes Dal Colle who i also have reservations about on the NHL level.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Sorry, let me rephrase.

Mike Rupp can eat poo.

I can't stand that guy. He has replaced "bandwagon E J Hradek", who has woken up a bit, as my least favorite NHLL commentator. He has as you say, a noticeable negative Islander slat to his predictions and comments. Him and Milbury should be waterboarded and made to work in a chicken tallow factory the rest of their pitiful lives.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
He took back is trade request per Staple!!!

"Breaking #Isles news: Travis Hamonic has rescinded his trade request, Newsday has learned. More to follow."

this makes no sense to me. this makes me think his "family" issues were a excuse for him to try and get out of playing for us. I find it odd that after a second round Appearance he changes his mind

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
this makes no sense to me. this makes me think his "family" issues were a excuse for him to try and get out of playing for us. I find it odd that after a second round Appearance he changes his mind

Or maybe he was just waiting until the season was over to make the announcement.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
anything is possible. but why wait ?

I would think Snow was notified a while in advance (so you know Hammer was not traded lol) and Snow wanted him to wait until the end of the season for all sorts of reasons.

1.) Does not want announcement to distract team

2.) Wants to give fans a positive feel for season after an eventual postseason loss

OR if you want to get real conspiracy type stuff:

3.) Snow knew he was going to keep Cappy no matter what and kept this Hamonic news to himself until the end of the season so that fanbase would not be 100% livid. And isn't that kind of working?

That's my take anyway.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site

With how Hamonic's always been a very stand up kind of person and values his family as highly as he does, I have a very hard time seeing him using them as ploy for personal gain. It would be extremely out of character of him.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
FWIW Boomer Esiason is sure it was the Rangers who leaked the Hamonic rumor back in October and not Winnipeg as many think.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
That would be a complete **** move by the Rangers if they did, what would they have to gain at all from doing that other than to sabotage us.

That's exactly it. You basically kill his trade value which it more or less did. Enough so that it delayed the trade to the point he was never moved. Winnipeg doing it though makes more sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
I am 100% fine if Snow trades any of our prospects as part of a deal for a top line winger. That absolutely includes Dal Colle who i also have reservations about on the NHL level.

I agree with you on MDC.. enough already on waiting for this guy. I am passed the point of waiting 4 years for a guy to develop and then another 2 years for him to actual play at an NHL level.

Tavares needs someone now while he is at his prime and still with this team. We saw what he did with a Thomas Vanek type player.

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
Boomer read my post and ran with it. :help:

But, I'm not surprised that NYR did that.

---
Did anyone else hear that Lundqvist wants to be released from his contract so he can go manage a Volvo plant and work as a part-time IKEA greeter in Sweden? :sarcasm:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Boomer read my post and ran with it. :help:

But, I'm not surprised that NYR did that.

---
Did anyone else hear that Lundqvist wants to be released from his contract so he can go manage a Volvo plant and work as a part-time IKEA greeter in Sweden? :sarcasm:

I was gonna say that I thought I remembered someone here suggesting the idea it was the Rangers too.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
The Rangers leaking this makes no sense. Dolan is friends with Wang and Sather and Snow have no history. I call bullstuff on this.

We put our hammer back in our toolbox so Frank them all. If the Isles know who did leak it I hope they and Travis beat the holy crap out of their top scoring whimp out of principle.

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
The Rangers leaking this makes no sense. Dolan is friends with Wang and Sather and Snow have no history. I call bullstuff on this.

We put our hammer back in our toolbox so Frank them all. If the Isles know who did leak it I hope they and Travis beat the holy crap out of their top scoring whimp out of principle.
Slats isn't the ranger GM anymore. They have some young guy running the show.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
When did Booms say this? I don't remember seeing it.

Boomer doesn't know **** about hockey so I doubt it's true. He's a scrub in bottom league division ice hockey, and just makes rediculous statements. I will never forget after Kreider scored a goal last postseason boomer goes "Kreider is going to be one of the top 5 players in the league".

Must make him mad seeing his daughter get railed out by an islander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad