Newsday: Hamonic Rescinds Trade Request!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
he's my next jersey for sure!

Does anyone know if there is a place you can still get the orange numbers throwback version?

Not being funny, but do you mean aside from websites? Are you looking for a brick and mortar store? If not, exclusivepro.com is a good place to start.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Not being funny, but do you mean aside from websites? Are you looking for a brick and mortar store? If not, exclusivepro.com is a good place to start.

thanks! I'll have a look at exclusive pro. I just wasn't sure if anyone outside of the old team store was making/selling that version of the jersey.

I wanted to buy one of those last year during the playoff run from the team store but they were on back order by the time I made my move

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
thanks! I'll have a look at exclusive pro. I just wasn't sure if anyone outside of the old team store was making/selling that version of the jersey.

I wanted to buy one of those last year during the playoff run from the team store but they were on back order by the time I made my move

I've heard your best bet is to find a good customizer (which I think EPS is) and contact them directly. Though I have friends who have done it, I have no firsthand experience.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I was out golfing all day and am just finding out about this now. I am so happy, Travis is staying. Suck it Edmonton!

Last edited:

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Awesome news, hate to be a Debbie downer but hopefully it will stay this way and these health problems / whiny girlfriend don't creep up again.

Best case scenario we could have had this offseason. I expect it to be a quite one now, but ya never know with Garth.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
No move has been made and this is already a successful offseason.

I am so thrilled. Convincing Hamonic to stay was #3 of my Islanders offseason shopping list. BOX CHECKED!

Thrilled. I total win across the board - Not just because we keep Hamonic, but now all FAs will also know he will be here as well. That can only help as a selling point.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
No move has been made and this is already a successful offseason.

I am so thrilled. Convincing Hamonic to stay was #3 of my Islanders offseason shopping list. BOX CHECKED!

Thrilled. I total win across the board - Not just because we keep Hamonic, but now all FAs will also know he will be here as well. That can only help as a selling point.

You know how it had to have went down in his meeting with Snow yesterday...

Snow : 'Hey Hammer, you still want that trade?'
Hammer : 'Yeah, it would be great to finally resolve this'
Snow 'It's going to be Edmonton.'

TODAY
Hammer : 'I love being an Isle and I want to stay'

Edmonton fans : 'It's ok, we didn't want him anyway' - goes to the corner and cries.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
So happy is working out for Hammer`s family and Isles. Best news today for Isles. You really can`t replace someone like that, especially with that contract.

Now who is next - Nielsen and?

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Darn, I was hoping to package Hamonic with our first round pick for Eberle. :shakehead

I think Oilers likely will move their other right winger not Ebs. Seems like he has good chemistry with McDavid and he is still one of the best shootout guy on that team. Eberle did have an injury in the early season and I think he will bounce back a big way next year.

Maybe Isles need to go after an UFA or hope one of their prospect will surprise them at the camp.

There is also a good probability that Oilers will move Hall for an upcoming D talent who is already playing in NHL - I think they are looking for someone who can add points or lead the rush without being terrible in their own zone. Yes they will have to move Hall + for someone like that.

nc1972

Jun 3, 2006
Relife

:handclap:

So when I saw the news I was elated, then I thought could this be a ploy to drive up the asking price. Couldn't be happier with his decision but the always doubtful Islander fan in me has to wonder.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Mike Rupp last night still advocating we move Hamonic because we need scoring. Problem is that creates too big a hole on D.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Mike Rupp last night still advocating we move Hamonic because we need scoring. Problem is that creates too big a hole on D.

Hamonic's contract opens up more opportunities to acquire scoring than trading him does. It's so friggin' obvious. Rupp is a fool.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

Mike Rupp has always had a negative Isles bias, no one should care what he thinks we should do. He's probably still bitter that we drafted him and didn't think enough of him to sign him because it was clearly a draft mistake by Milbury - surprise, surprise. He played for the Rangers and the Devils, that' even more negative Isles bias thrown in.

With Hamonic staying, our defense group is solidified for next year. Take out Strait (HOORAY!) and Zidlicky, factor in more Pulock/Mayfield/Pelech. Hopefully Hickey Mouse is relegated to the #7, he'll still get 50+ games with the way Capuano deploys his pet #7 d-man.

Hamonic's sweetheart contract also gives Snow more ammo to upgrade the forwards since the defense doesn't necessarily need tweaking. Even if we only bring in one big UFA, our salary cap is still set. I'd go hard after Loui Eriksson. It's up to Strome/Nelson/Lee to rebound from down seasons.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Mike Rupp has always had a negative Isles bias, no one should care what he thinks we should do. He's probably still bitter that we drafted him and didn't think enough of him to sign him because it was clearly a draft mistake by Milbury - surprise, surprise. He played for the Rangers and the Devils, that' even more negative Isles bias thrown in.

With Hamonic staying, our defense group is solidified for next year. Take out Strait (HOORAY!) and Zidlicky, factor in more Pulock/Mayfield/Pelech. Hopefully Hickey Mouse is relegated to the #7, he'll still get 50+ games with the way Capuano deploys his pet #7 d-man.

Hamonic's sweetheart contract also gives Snow more ammo to upgrade the forwards since the defense doesn't necessarily need tweaking. Even if we only bring in one big UFA, our salary cap is still set. I'd go hard after Loui Eriksson. It's up to Strome/Nelson/Lee to rebound from down seasons.

Strait will be back just like this cancer of a coach.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Mike Rupp sucks at life.

I don't know about that, he did have a nice and lengthy NHL career and now seems to have landed a cushy job at NHLN.

He's got a clear anti-Isles bias. Kind of can't blame him though, but he really needs to clear that up if he wants to continue being a correspondent. It's like watching a root canal level of pain on his face whenever he needs to say anything positive about the Isles or even mention them. Yes, he gushes about Tavares yet that is kind of a no-brainer. Even then, it's like one short mention like 'he's a beast' and that's it. He doesn't go into more detail about it.

None of us should give a rat's ass what he thinks about what the Isles do, he's not objective at all. Start him talking about his other teams like the Rangers, Devils, or Pittsburgh (he's a former Pen too, I forgot to mention that in my other post) - he can't shut up.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Lol... The trade boards still have the Hamonic trade to Edmonton "in spirit."

Now playing the part of Hamonic... Bogosian.

Poor Sabre fans. Once EDM fans are done with this... Our very own poster Matt Martin (Hi Matt) will not even be public enemy number one in Buffalo!

It's the same posters, same offers, same reluctance. Does anyone have that sarcastic Oiler rebuilding chart image that was posted a little while back? It is stunningly accurate.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Lol... The trade boards still have the Hamonic trade to Edmonton "in spirit."

Now playing the part of Hamonic... Bogosian.

Poor Sabre fans. Once EDM fans are done with this... Our very own poster Matt Martin (Hi Matt) will not even be public enemy number one in Buffalo!

It's the same posters, same offers, same reluctance. Does anyone have that sarcastic Oiler rebuilding chart image that was posted a little while back? It is stunningly accurate.

It is definitely quite amusing. I thought there was a very good chance that Chiarelli and the Oilers would be left holding the bag in their search of an impact RD or even two as so many of their fans want. So many of their fans were penciling Hamonic's name into their lineup, now their scrambling after being knocked off their imaginary perch.

They will probably be in for a rude awakening when their available assets aren't as valuable as they've convinced themselves. Imagine if Girardi is the best they can get, I would seriously die laughing. With the way things are going, Girardi does seem like one of their few options and that's if he waives his NMC. Subban, Pietrangelo, etc. are pipe dreams. They're routinely #1 or #2 as the most undesirable places according to that NTC article regarding free agents, they're not going to get someone like Demers either.

Is there an Ekblad in next year's draft class? I know Nolan Patrick is the supposed big dog at this time, he's ANOTHER skill forward. Oilers need to understand that emulating those high scoring Oiler Dynasty teams doesn't fly in today's NHL. Hello, McFly?

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
I don't know about that, he did have a nice and lengthy NHL career and now seems to have landed a cushy job at NHLN.

He's got a clear anti-Isles bias. Kind of can't blame him though, but he really needs to clear that up if he wants to continue being a correspondent. It's like watching a root canal level of pain on his face whenever he needs to say anything positive about the Isles or even mention them. Yes, he gushes about Tavares yet that is kind of a no-brainer. Even then, it's like one short mention like 'he's a beast' and that's it. He doesn't go into more detail about it.

None of us should give a rat's ass what he thinks about what the Isles do, he's not objective at all. Start him talking about his other teams like the Rangers, Devils, or Pittsburgh (he's a former Pen too, I forgot to mention that in my other post) - he can't shut up.

Sorry, let me rephrase.

Mike Rupp can eat poo.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Mike Rupp to this day refuses to acknowledge his time with the greatest minor league hockey club in history: my beloved Danbury Trashers. So yeah, he can go die in a fire.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Thank god snow didn't rush it.

Thank God is right.

So glad to listen to Hamonic's interview, saying his family member's health issue has stabilized.
The isles off season has gotten off to a huge, positive start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad