Newsday: Hamonic Rescinds Trade Request!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Boomer read my post and ran with it. :help:

But, I'm not surprised that NYR did that.

---
Did anyone else hear that Lundqvist wants to be released from his contract so he can go manage a Volvo plant and work as a part-time IKEA greeter in Sweden? :sarcasm:

He would be doing the Rangers a huge favor.... look at that contract!

goal1228

Jun 17, 2009
Boomer doesn't know **** about hockey so I doubt it's true. He's a scrub in bottom league division ice hockey, and just makes rediculous statements. I will never forget after Kreider scored a goal last postseason boomer goes "Kreider is going to be one of the top 5 players in the league".

Must make him mad seeing his daughter get railed out by an islander.
yeah I guess he is not happy with Martin lowering the BOOM on her lol

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Gudbranson to Vancouver.

Absolutely no one to Edmonton.

Aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahberleberleberleberle.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
There is a chance the Islanders do move Hammer, sure.

I do think that if the right offer comes around Snow will have to listen.

If the Oilers come calling (seeing as how they are the team we all discuss the most) and offer anything less than Hall you hang up.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Gudbranson to Vancouver.

Absolutely no one to Edmonton.

Aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahberleberleberleberle.

Calgary gets Dougie Hamilton
Vancouver gets Erik Gudbranson
Edmonton is going to sign Matt Bartkowski and Ben Lovejoy :laugh:

If the Oilers come calling (seeing as how they are the team we all discuss the most) and offer anything less than Hall you hang up.

No way, Jose. Hamonic is now untouchable again.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006

Trading Hamonic is antithetical to how this organization operates. Since the rebuild Snow and Wang have valued loyalty first and foremost. To their detriment at times - kepping Cappy, relying on Strait.

Hamonic has shown his loyalty to the franchise and management has reciprocated the feeling. Trading Hammer would poison the player's view of the organization after all that went down with his ordeal and how he responded about staying.

The untouchable list is
1. JT
2. Hamonic
3. JT
4. JT
5. JT

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Trading Hamonic is antithetical to how this organization operates. Since the rebuild Snow and Wang have valued loyalty first and foremost. To their detriment at times - kepping Cappy, relying on Strait.

Hamonic has shown his loyalty to the franchise and management has reciprocated the feeling. Trading Hammer would poison the player's view of the organization after all that went down with his ordeal and how he responded about staying.

The untouchable list is
1. JT
2. Hamonic
3. JT
4. JT
5. JT

They are not loyal to the players in the last year of there contract that arguably want to stay with the Islanders and would like a modest pay raise :naughty: see:

1) Matt Moulson - Traded in last year of his deal
2) PA Parenteau - Was not resigned
3) Andrew MacDonald - Traded in last year of his deal
4) Mark Streit - Was not resigned
5) Michael Grabner - Traded in last year of his deal

Names that could be added to this list by the end of this offseason include:

Matt Martin(UFA)
Kyle Okposo(UFA)
Frans Nielsen(UFA)

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
They are not loyal to the players in the last year of there contract that arguably want to stay with the Islanders and would like a modest pay raise :naughty: see:

Matt Martin(UFA)
Kyle Okposo(UFA)
Frans Nielsen(UFA)

You can't re-sign everyone. Could you imagine how terrible this team would be with 4 of those 5 players signed?

They did sign Boychuk and they already re-signed Nielsen when he could've become a UFA last time his contract was up I believe.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
You can't re-sign everyone. Could you imagine how terrible this team would be with 4 of those 5 players signed?

They did sign Boychuk and they already re-signed Nielsen when he could've become a UFA last time his contract was up I believe.

I know I was just messing around

Resigning MacDonald would of been a disaster, especially at the contract he got from Philly. Nobody really knows how much Moulson wanted, but if it was around 5M I might of done it just because of his production with Tavares. Term was more likely the issue with him. Parenteau was meh, but was another player who played well with Tavares. Streit I think has played alright for an OFD with Philly.

Grabner was traded simply because we had too many bodies.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
I'm not saying I want to trade Hammer. I absolutely love Hamonic, and think he's the second best player on the team.

All I was saying, if a team makes a huge offer you can't just simply say no. You have to listen.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia

Matt Martin(UFA)
Kyle Okposo(UFA)
Frans Nielsen(UFA)

technically we also traded Streit, or at least his negotiating rights prior to him becoming a FA.

That being said, I still expect two of those UFA's to be back next year.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006

Matt Martin(UFA)
Kyle Okposo(UFA)
Frans Nielsen(UFA)

I think they pay those who deserve it and punt on those who do not. They have not been wrong in that regard based on your list.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
I'm not saying I want to trade Hammer. I absolutely love Hamonic, and think he's the second best player on the team.

All I was saying, if a team makes a huge offer you can't just simply say no. You have to listen.

Do you think the Oilers would now offer Hall straight up for him? If they do, sure you HAVE to consider it. But I don't think that happens.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010

Matt Martin(UFA)
Kyle Okposo(UFA)
Frans Nielsen(UFA)

I am unsure I'd say that a few of these guys got "modest" pay raises. Would you be willing to pay Moulson what he's making now? What about MacDonald (I see in a later post that you point out that his contract is a disaster; then why say that we didn't ante up with a modest pay raise?)? PA also left for much more money than we wanted to pay. Streit's issue was more term than money as I recall. Grabner is in an entirely different category as the wheels appear to have come off the cart there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad