Hamonic dirty head clipping on Chaisson

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What? Hit him in the shoulder. League is so soft where you can’t even hit people.
Your season is over. A suspension to Hamonic means absolutely nothing. Can people stop being blind homers for one second, it was very obviously a hit to the head. Even Hamonic will admit as much as he answered the bell immediately cause he knew he should.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It’s a head hit. It should be suspendable play. Harmonics intentions are irrelevant. It’s on him not to pick Chiassons head.

that being said, good on Hamonic for answering the bell, but he still deserves to sit in the interests of player safety.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Your first post was agreeing with the notion that he didn’t try to make contact, which you are now saying he was. Was just trying to clear that portion up

For the actual hit I wouldn’t say this is “just how you play hockey”. It may be legal but generally don’t hit a player here. Only reason a blindside is legal at all is to prevent players from putting themselves into bad spots. That’s not what happened here. There is nothing Chiasson could’ve done to protect himself. Like I said though, I don’t see a lot of intent (saw vulnerable player and took advantage). Looks like a lapse in judgement
I honestly don't think anyone is so wrong so consistently as you when it comes to analyzing violence in hockey. I really don't. I agree with the notion that he didn't intentionally headshot Chiasson. I believe the collision was a vanilla grade hockey hit where Chiasson dropped his head at an inopportune time. Better? Again, this event is unworthy of a thread whining about mean dirty hits.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Not thread worthy no one got hurt and harmony just preparing his body for solid puck possession.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Tries to intercept puck, missed. Chaisson is coming right at him. Collision unavoidable. Tucks elbow, doesn't target head.

Am I missing something?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Tries to intercept puck, missed. Chaisson is coming right at him. Collision unavoidable. Tucks elbow, doesn't target head.

Am I missing something?
He gives up on the puck and braces for contact. That's pretty clear. Not an intentional headshot though and clearly no injury. It probably doesn't even get looked at.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Should be 2 minutes for embellishment, and a check for whip lash

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
If this is "dirty" then what is the nurse slam down(slew foot) and punch while on the ground?

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
cmon guys. this was completely unintentional. Hamonic gave him the fight right away to atone for it. i bet even Chiasson is over it.

massive difference if there was intent and/or was malicious. Suspension? lol

NHL Review

Twitter: @nhl_review
Oct 27, 2019
I honestly don't think anyone is so wrong so consistently as you when it comes to analyzing violence in hockey. I really don't. I agree with the notion that he didn't intentionally headshot Chiasson. I believe the collision was a vanilla grade hockey hit where Chiasson dropped his head at an inopportune time. Better? Again, this event is unworthy of a thread whining about mean dirty hits.

I didn’t mention the head contact at all in my post, more focused on the blindside nature of the hit. Chiasson definitely is not at fault there, doesn’t lower his head at last second or at inopportune time. Trying to bat a puck out of mid air with Hamonic coming from the blindside at an extreme angle, nothing he could’ve done. No player will be able to see and protect himself in this scenario so usually the defending player will avoid the hit or try to minimize the impact. That didn’t happen. I don’t think Hamonic purposefully saw that and took advantage but he did initiate the hit and should’ve known not to. His reaction afterwards backs that up. It was a mistake

I’m not going to argue if it’s thread worthy as that’s not up for any of us to decide and the personal attack really isn’t needed

Last edited:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I don’t think Hamonic realized Chiasson was that low, so rather than going for a shoulder check like he wanted, he got the head instead.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
He gives up on the puck and braces for contact. That's pretty clear. Not an intentional headshot though and clearly no injury. It probably doesn't even get looked at.

That happened in a split second. Is Hamonic not allowed to brace for what could be a large collision?

Looks to me like both players were looking at the puck and skating towards the puck. Hamonic doesn't even see Chiasson until the last second. The only reason a head hit occurred is because Chiasson entered a puck race with his head down. Hamonic at all times had his elbows tucked in, and Hamonic in no way went up high on Chiasson. This isn't a head shot in any way. This is the kind of thing that happens in non-contact rec games all the time, as Hamonic wasn't even lining up a hit. He was just reacting to a potential collision in a split second decision.

Reactions: lindgren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad