Hamonic dirty head clipping on Chaisson

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
No injury so I doubt anything will happen, but it was a very dirty blindside hit to the head. Here is the clip.

Sorry about the autocorrect on the thread title. Can't change it now

Last edited:

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Sucks that the head was the point of contact, doesnt look intentional. McDavids high elbows the last few games were worse IMO and Im cheering for him to get to 100

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
No injury so I doubt anything will happen, but it was a very dirty blindside hit to the head. Here is the clip.

Sorry about the autocorrect on the thread title. Can't change it now

Chiasson ran into him brah.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Looks to me like Hamonic is just skating towards the puck. He's not even looking to throw a body check. This is nothing unless another angle shows something else

..he says as the puck just goes past Hamonic and he makes no attempt towards it.

NHL Review

Twitter: @nhl_review
Oct 27, 2019
Chiasson ran into him brah.

Real time and wide angle he definitely tries to make contact. Clip is just cut because Chiasson and Hamonic fought after and SN replayed almost the entire fight after the hit. If the issue is with the blindside nature of it, it is a blindside. I think it may be more of a lapse in judgement than intentionally trying to hit a vulnerable player, though

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Real time and wide angle he definitely tries to make contact. Clip is just cut because Chiasson and Hamonic fought after and SN replayed almost the entire fight after the hit. If the issue is with the blindside nature of it, it is a blindside
Of course he did. This is hockey. Thats how you play hockey, a contact sport. But chiasson led with his head. It wasn't AT ALL like Hamonic targeted his head or even expected it. That's why a penalty wasn't called. This was by all angles a run of the mill hockey collision. Chiasson took exception, Hamonic answered the bell and probably told him in the bin" look man I wasn't going after you that way," which he wasn't. This shouldn't be a thread.

Reactions: sting101

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Not a big deal. It's a hit that you shouldn't make, but didn't look intentional. Settled with a bit of a wrestling match. I assume Chiasson is okay.

NHL Review

Twitter: @nhl_review
Oct 27, 2019
Of course he did. This is hockey. Thats how you play hockey, a contact sport. But chiasson led with his head. It wasn't AT ALL like Hamonic targeted his head or even expected it. That's why a penalty wasn't called. This was by all angles a run of the mill hockey collision. Chiasson took exception, Hamonic answered the bell and probably told him in the bin" look man I wasn't going after you that way," which he wasn't. This shouldn't be a thread.

Your first post was agreeing with the notion that he didn’t try to make contact, which you are now saying he was. Was just trying to clear that portion up

For the actual hit I wouldn’t say this is “just how you play hockey”. It may be legal but generally don’t hit a player here. Only reason a blindside is legal at all is to prevent players from putting themselves into bad spots. That’s not what happened here. There is nothing Chiasson could’ve done to protect himself. Like I said though, I don’t see a lot of intent (saw vulnerable player and took advantage). Looks like a lapse in judgement

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad