Hamonic dirty head clipping on Chaisson

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I didn’t mention the head contact at all in my post, more focused on the blindside nature of the hit. Chiasson definitely is not at fault there, doesn’t lower his head at last second or at inopportune time. Trying to bat a puck out of mid air with Hamonic coming from the blindside at an extreme angle, nothing he could’ve done. No player will be able to see and protect himself in this scenario so usually the defending player will avoid the hit or try to minimize the impact. That didn’t happen. I don’t think Hamonic purposefully saw that and took advantage but he did initiate the hit and should’ve known not to. His reaction afterwards backs that up. It was a mistake

I’m not going to argue if it’s thread worthy as that’s not up for any of us to decide and the personal attack really isn’t needed

We must be watching different videos. Chiasson's head is up at the beginning of the video, as he looks to intercept the puck in mid air. Then he lowers his head into Hamonic. How is that not last second? Chiasson's head looks to be following the puck. The puck starts high and ends low, and so does Chiasson's head.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Hamonic got in a good early punch too, great game for him :yo:

NHL Review

Twitter: @nhl_review
Oct 27, 2019
We must be watching different videos. Chiasson's head is up at the beginning of the video, as he looks to intercept the puck in mid air. Then he lowers his head into Hamonic. How is that not last second? Chiasson's head looks to be following the puck. The puck starts high and ends low, and so does Chiasson's head.

Correct but there is context to our exchange. I’m not speaking literally. I was saying how there is nothing Chiasson could’ve done to protect himself, other poster countered with that he lowered his head at an inopportune time. He has to do so as he’s trying to bat the puck out of mid air, it’s not an incident where the player “carelessly” puts himself into a bad spot on his own. There is a difference between the two

You should avoid or minimize the impact when this occurs. Hamonic knew that himself right after the hit

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Correct but there is context to our exchange. I’m not speaking literally. I was saying how there is nothing Chiasson could’ve done to protect himself, other poster countered with that he lowered his head at an inopportune time. He has to do so as he’s trying to bat the puck out of mid air, it’s not an incident where the player “carelessly” puts himself into a bad spot on his own. There is a difference between the two

You should avoid or minimize the impact when this occurs. Hamonic knew that himself right after the hit

Both players are skating towards the puck. Chiasson lowers his head to follow the puck. I don't see how that's even a penalty, let alone a suspension. Seems like an accident to me.

NHL Review

Twitter: @nhl_review
Oct 27, 2019
Both players are skating towards the puck. Chiasson lowers his head to follow the puck. I don't see how that's even a penalty, let alone a suspension. Seems like an accident to me.

Like I said I don’t think it’s “dirty” (intend to hit vulnerable player) but if you look at the wide angle view it’s clearly an intentional hit by Hamonic and not a collision as some have said. It is a little deceiving being close up.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Like I said I don’t think it’s “dirty” (intend to hit vulnerable player) but if you look at the wide angle view it’s clearly an intentional hit by Hamonic and not a collision as some have said. It is a little deceiving being close up.

Please post.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
By the look on Hamonic's face right after it happens, it looks like it was accidental.

Reactions: overlords

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Hamonic and dirty don't go together. He's one of the good guys.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
No injury so I doubt anything will happen, but it was a very dirty blindside hit to the head. Here is the clip.

Sorry about the autocorrect on the thread title. Can't change it now

Editing the OP gives you the option of changing the thread title.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad