Confirmed with Link: Hamilton to NJ - 7 years $63 million per everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
If you're referring to that Whiskey guy on the main board, I'm pretty sure he's never happy about anything we do.

There’s him and someone else. By the way, it’s kind of strange that I’ve never seen him on the team board yet is constantly posting on the main board.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
There’s him and someone else. By the way, it’s kind of strange that I’ve never seen him on the team board yet is constantly posting on the main board.
There are quite a few old posters from this board that won't post here anymore that I see on the main board.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

There's a streak of those folks for every team. Mostly the ones who want to moan but don't want to face valid criticism from their own "fan" base. Main board is the facebook of HF. Seagull posts - swoop in, post, fly out.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
There's a streak of those folks for every team. Mostly the ones who want to moan but don't want to face valid criticism from their own "fan" base. Main board is the facebook of HF. Seagull posts - swoop in, post, fly out.
There is that...If you only post in the open forum you'll never be accountable for how wrong you've been :)

But there is also the perception that some of the moderating on the team board is arbitrary and draconian too....When you really dig into it.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I find it hard to fathom about any Devils fan having any serious problem with this deal as of today.

We can talk about how Hamilton will potentially improve (or not improve) over the life of the term, but that is a conversation for later years.

And if you want to get into the money, he's getting a sign-on bonus this year and getting some ridiculously low salary based on the structure. I forget who posted it, but it was like, 750k + millions in sign on bonus for this year. So basically, we've paid him already for this coming season. I'm glad my ticket money went to something useful this season (instead of paying multiple guys to have bad overall D (see Butcher, Tennyson, etc. not that i personally dislike them, but at least the money is going somewhere that you can vouch for).

We're a team barely getting off the cap floor, we got cap space, we aren't in any troubling singing RFAs at moment. Until Zacha and Bratt, Hughes, Shara start dominating all 4 at a time, then we can start worrying about future contracts, re-ups...

It's been a long time since we had a bonafide first pairing guy, who also happens to be 6'6", mobile, and can pot a bunch of points. They don't grow on trees. That reach alone for a guy who happens to be mobile will pay dividends in itself, defensively.

The fact that Sevs maybe pushed to 2nd pairing is great, not because Sevs is not worthy of being 1st pairing player, he is of course a really good defenseman that we have seen the last few years. But the fact Sevs will be facing a weaker matchup will make his job even easier next season (same for Subban).... we'll have 2-3 (depending on how you view Subban) good RDs facing up against opposition and one of them will have a slightly eaiser job than before. I hope that means Sevs will be able to produce a bit more.

Last edited:

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

The someone else also thinks Ristolainen is good and Bratt sucks lol

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
There is that...If you only post in the open forum you'll never be accountable for how wrong you've been :)

But there is also the perception that some of the moderating on the team board is arbitrary and draconian too....When you really dig into it.

Most of the people on the main board never post here so how would they know? Or are those different accounts that don't get looked at closely because they stay away from here to avoid detection?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Most of the people on the main board never post here so how would they know? Or are those different accounts that don't get looked at closely because they stay away from here to avoid detection?
I don't know how many and I don't go to the main board all that often...but when I do, it is always for something Devils related. Those threads typically have 3 or 4 names in them that used to post here regularly and they all have some older join dates.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Even if you don’t love Hamilton’s actual defensive play, is anyone denying his absolutely elite transition and offensive play (both 5 on 5 and PP)? What do you want, the perfect player? You can find guys that are stabilizing forces in the dzone, you just don’t find guys that do what Hamilton does.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Even if you don’t love Hamilton’s actual defensive play, is anyone denying his absolutely elite transition and offensive play (both 5 on 5 and PP)? What do you want, the perfect player? You can find guys that are stabilizing forces in the dzone, you just don’t find guys that do what Hamilton does.

For those who are complaining that he’s strictly offensive, that’s why you have a pairing. One guy to lead the way offensively and one guy to play a more defensive role.

Guys that are elite offensively and defensively do not hit the market or get traded.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hey GP nice to see you show up my new site!!!!!
Hi my friend,

As a fan of the Game I enjoy congratulating Teams getting better.

I used to visit back when Cory Ginger was here & respected how they said goodbye last year. It seems like a great group here.

This might be the greatest gif of all-time.

I was very happy to discover how much this Board enjoys GIF’s and Memes, so I’ll try to visit this Season now that we have a normal schedule.

Have a great weekend everyone,
58A5A333-661D-4FA1-8EF5-EA46872B5A50.jpeg

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think there's a good chance Smith plays with Hamilton. Imagine going from Tennyson to Hamilton as your D partner.
It might actually be a little harder for Ty to play with a more dynamic partner. Probably not though...Still when your partner is a "go" type of guy your reads have to be a little more crisp

I think we all should give the defense a little time to gel. Hamilton and Graves are going to be a big part of the top 4 and I think there is going to be sometime for guys to get used to each other.

Reactions: Nubmer6

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Chemistry in sports is more alchemy than science. I will say that Graves apparently played with Makar in COL so he may be the first guy they try with Hamilton. If Siegenthaler is not a total grenade handler he may work with Hamilton as well since he will only have to worry about defending and making a decent first pass. Frankly, in my view, Murray would have been a good partner for Hamilton. I recall Smith and Severson playing well together before the team imploded. Subban will presumably pair with whoever does not mesh with Hamilton be it Siegenthaler or Graves. It's hard to see Smith or Graves on a third pair but that's what training camp is for....

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Chemistry in sports is more alchemy than science. I will say that Graves apparently played with Makar in COL so he may be the first guy they try with Hamilton. If Siegenthaler is not a total grenade handler he may work with Hamilton as well since he will only have to worry about defending and making a decent first pass. Frankly, in my view, Murray would have been a good partner for Hamilton. I recall Smith and Severson playing well together before the team imploded. Subban will presumably pair with whoever does not mesh with Hamilton be it Siegenthaler or Graves. It's hard to see Smith or Graves on a third pair but that's what training camp is for....
I'm pretty sure that our first shot pairings will be:

Graves - Hamilton
Smith - Severson
Siegenthaler - Subban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00