Podcast (Audio) Hamilton: People Are Interested In Buying The Sabres

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not sure where the other thread went - but there have been a couple of private equity firms that have bought into teams already in Minnesota and Nashville. Maybe they're looking for something like that sort of minor stake? Friedman may have mentioned something like this at one point too.

And Paul does have one solid point - the arena is a shithole. They've let it go far, far too long.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Not sure where the other thread went - but there have been a couple of private equity firms that have bought into teams already in Minnesota and Nashville. Maybe they're looking for something like that sort of minor stake? Friedman may have mentioned something like this at one point too.

And Paul does have one solid point - the arena is a shithole. They've let it go far, far too long.
Someone deleted it. hmm

Funny that someone from PSG called Paul and told him his/Benini/Harrington sources were making them look bad. Paul then reiterated his very "reliable" sources.

I miss the Aud, at least the rats were friendly and beef on weck and fried bologna good.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldgoalie

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if they sell Sabres. Maybe for a start a part, and a little later everything else.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Someone deleted it. hmm

Funny that someone from PSG called Paul and told him his/Benini/Harrington sources were making them look bad. Paul then reiterated his very "reliable" sources.

I miss the Aud, at least the rats were friendly and beef on weck and fried bologna good.

Rez steak!!

I don’t mind that but I always forget just how goddamn salty it is, and it seems like frying it makes it saltier somehow

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
The rumor has been around before the pandemic even started. I guess if they keep brining it up for years upon years, it will eventually hit.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Theycant own the Sabres if they want to threaten moving the Bills in stadium negotiations.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
I mean at this point you have:

- Paul Hamilton
- Vic Carucci
- Adam Benigni
- Nick Kypreos
- Elliote Freidman
- Former NHL GM Doug MacLean
- To some extent Andrew Peters

All mentioning they've heard rumors of a Sabres sale. Where there's smoke there's fire. I think it's fair to say that the Pegula's are definitely listening to offers, whether that's from a PE firm or somebody actually looking to buy outright. Who knows how far these talks have actually gotten though.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Not sure I would want Fenway Sports here tbh, John Henry made the smart move zeroing in in the Pens.

Just keep in mind there are potential owners in other cities looking for teams (Austin, Tx for ie). If Betman will not let Arizona leave, I doubt he would be for a Sabres relocation, unless it was Hamilton. Who knows if the Pegualas would put a no movement clause in any sale, they may feel F it.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
The rumor has been around before the pandemic even started. I guess if they keep brining it up for years upon years, it will eventually hit.
especially after 11 years of tire fire, cleaning out the front office and staff during a pandemic, and upcoming arena needs.

I would like to know if PSE has gotten any government aid during the pandemic as well.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I mean at this point you have:

- Paul Hamilton
- Vic Carucci
- Adam Benigni
- Nick Kypreos
- Elliote Freidman
- Former NHL GM Doug MacLean
- To some extent Andrew Peters

All mentioning they've heard rumors of a Sabres sale. Where there's smoke there's fire. I think it's fair to say that the Pegula's are definitely listening to offers, whether that's from a PE firm or somebody actually looking to buy outright. Who knows how far these talks have actually gotten though.

Fine by me, at this point the Pegula's have been a tire fire for 11 years going into the 12th. I would understand that they want to cut bait. They might be fans of hockey, but I'm sure at this point they aren't seeing the upside of the Bills. So by all means, sell the team. No more Kim Pegula Cookie meme's for me.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Not sure I would want Fenway Sports here tbh, John Henry made the smart move zeroing in in the Pens.

Just keep in mind there are potential owners in other cities looking for teams (Austin, Tx for ie). If Betman will not let Arizona leave, I doubt he would be for a Sabres relocation, unless it was Hamilton. Who knows if the Pegualas would put a no movement clause in any sale, they may feel F it.
For the love of Christ they are NEVERNEVERNEVERNEVERNEVERNEVER PUTTING A GODDAMNED TEAM IN HAMILTON.

Reactions: JThorne

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
This argument sickens me. They have been meddlesome to the point of contempt. I've only been alive for three of the ownership groups in my lifetime, and of them, a serious fan during two. Get out of the sport of hockey, Terry and Kim. Thanks, and have a nice day.
This is true. Terry’s belief that he could run hockey ops is at the core of the organization’s dysfunction. I don’t want them to sell, because I think the alternative really could be a relocation. Buffalo is not an attractive market because it’s just too small and poor and the NHL’s tv deals stink, so you have to get income from the gate. But they simply have to stop playing fantasy hockey, and get themselves completely removed from hockey ops. Write checks, hire and fire exactly one position (POHO), and thing will turn themselves around.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
This is true. Terry’s belief that he could run hockey ops is at the core of the organization’s dysfunction. I don’t want them to sell, because I think the alternative really could be a relocation. Buffalo is not an attractive market because it’s just too small and poor and the NHL’s tv deals stink, so you have to get income from the gate. But they simply have to stop playing fantasy hockey, and get themselves completely removed from hockey ops. Write checks, hire and fire exactly one position (POHO), and thing will turn themselves around.

They need to focus less on hockey ops and more on improving the arena.

That should keep them busy for a while.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Is it possible that 10 years of shitty Sabres killed Terry's fandom?

Does anyone remember the Sabres Embedded episode - Inside the Taylor Hall Signing? When Adams told Terry that he was interested in signing Hall, Pegula said something like "We sign this guy, we're not only trying to make the playoffs, we're trying to win the Cup".

To me, that says that Terry is still a Super Fan - for better or worse. I don't see any reason why this would have changed as I think that that Pegula believes in Adams and the future of the Sabres under his tutelage. Doesn't mean he'll not sell at least part of the team to a private equity firm.

Reactions: Bferra13

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Wait Pegula wants to sell?
So--is it safe to say, that from this point forward, the reason for the Sabres existence is no longer to win the Stanley Cup?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad