Confirmed with Link: Hamilton going to a red team (The F1 Thread)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Rough day for Lando though.

I'm with you: Spa is a wonderful track, always makes for a good watch.
I'm just glad that Lando didn't break his arm. If they can get him a good car for tomorrow, he's got a legit chance at victory, he was so much quicker than everyone else before the spin.

Also could not stand listening to the announcers. After the accident in the women's race followed by Norris today, the last thing to say is 'well, racing is dangerous, if they die, they die' about that turn.

Reactions: Bub and DaveG

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Weather looks crazy right now. Fingers crossed for no bad-chaos. (There will be chaos, though.)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
What a mess. Red flagged the race on the formation lap. Why even bother with the formation lap at that point.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I guess they will drive a couple of laps behind the safety car, and then they hand out half points and call it the GP.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
I guess they will drive a couple of laps behind the safety car, and then they hand out half points and call it the GP.

Agreed, but they're taking their time doing that.

It's been fun listening to the commenters go through all the various rules and to hear guys involved in the sport for decades say they've never encountered something like this. Does the formation lap count as the "start" to the race? Do the numerous early 5-10 minutes announced delays count toward removing a race-lap for each delay? Does Perez get to restart at his qualified starting spot, and not a lap down? Hilarious and maddening in equal doses.

Reactions: DaveG and Lempo

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Love the chaos, absolutely love McLaren going 1-2. Good maturity on Lando for backing off to ensure the result. That guy is going to win a lot of races and I got a feeling that team might have something up their sleeve with the next car. They look to finally have their act together.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
They awarded Max a 3 grid spot penalty for the next race.... Which seems absolutely ridiculous based on the precedent set at Silverstone

Did they? Sheesh.

Proves the point a fellow F1-fan friend of mine said years ago about the FIA: "Low on rules. High on decrees."

Reactions: DaveG

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
The Netflix documentary "Schumacher" is a good watch. They don't get into his accident until the very end, and in the interviews with his family, they really sound like he is dead. Very little has come out about his condition, progress, or lack of progress over the years. As a huge fan, I was really hoping he had some quality of life.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Great race today in Sochi. Feel so bad for Norris.
I'm honestly just gutted for Lando. Become a bit of a fan of his this year, and he deserved it today. Just sad he couldn't get the win, and watching his interviews after the race is depressing. But damn if he isn't a good driver, he's got the talent to win a few WDCs in the future.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
1632835446_4kl2rjs7d0.jpg

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Mercedes pulled a Bottas on Hamilton today. Also, the Red Bull livery looked great today

Otherwise, a kind of boring race for a race on intermediates. I'm surprised how well the drivers kept it on track

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad