Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2013-2014 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Derek Wills ‏@dogsplaybyplay 2 h

.@CanadiensMTL prospect @Greg_Pateryn now 2nd in #AHL in goals by defencemen (13). 6 goals in 142 @NCAA games, 20 goals in 99 @TheAHL games.

I wonder when they will give him a chance to play next to PK, instead of Boullion. Seems like we have to give our prospects a chance to get used to the big leagues.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
I wonder when they will give him a chance to play next to PK, instead of Boullion. Seems like we have to give our prospects a chance to get used to the big leagues.

Im really wondering what Pateryn needs to do to get the call up... he's been better than Beaulieu and Tinordi in the AHL, but the management seems to insist on letting him develop in the minors instead. Maybe that'll turn out to be the best decision for him instead of the yo-yo thing they are doing with the latter two.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Im really wondering what Pateryn needs to do to get the call up... he's been better than Beaulieu and Tinordi in the AHL, but the management seems to insist on letting him develop in the minors instead. Maybe that'll turn out to be the best decision for him instead of the yo-yo thing they are doing with the latter two.

They might have made up their mind that Pateryn will never be an NHL player.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Playing in the AHL and the NHL are two very different scenarios. Pateryn's lack of foot speed isn't as apparent in the AHL. It was pretty obvious he wasn't ready to face NHLers in the preseason. He started out strong, but the closer it got to the season (the more teams played their top players), the more Greg had trouble to stick up with them.

That being said, him producing at such a pace is like found money. We'll see if he'll get quicker in the summer to be able to earn a spot in the show.

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal

I really doubt they bring him up to play beside PK as they are both RH. It's not like we're having a ****load of RHD at the moment.

That being said, if he ever become anything that can at least play a bottom 6 role, I'll be happy and I think he's not far from it. But at the same time, right now, we have Bealieu and Tinordi who are knocking at the door and I'm pretty sure MB prefer to develop them.

I've been saying this for a while now, and I'm far from being the ony one but we can expect a trade that include one - or more - D prospect because right now... IMO... we have too much of those to developping all of them properly.

I don't think we can put 5 or 6 young D again on the Dogs blueline. I know they are not the biggest problem riht now but this team will have to start to win someday and they have to hire more experienced players to move up in the standings.

Shaw65

Mar 13, 2011
Canada
Connor Crisp ‏@Connorcrispp 2 min

Excited to be heading to Dallas to be joining the @BulldogsAHL for the remainder of the season

Last edited:

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Connor Crisp ‏@Connorcrispp 2 min

Excited to be heading to Dallas to be joining the @BulldogsAHL for the remainder of the season

Is there a reasonable number of games left.

Okay, I'll stop being so lazy, and go look it up.

So 14 games. That should give him a good chance to get his feet wet.

Shaw65

Mar 13, 2011
Canada
Is there a reasonable number of games left.

Okay, I'll stop being so lazy, and go look it up.

So 14 games. That should give him a good chance to get his feet wet.

isn't 8 games ?

Attachments

• 8games.png
    8games.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 21

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
isn't 8 games ?

He probably substracted 68 to 82 but I think that the AHL season has 76 games!

Pretty good news. Can't wait to see what he can do. We'll see if his footspeed (as it's reported to be the biggest flaw in his game) is a problem at the pro level.

Last edited:

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I've been saying this for a while now, and I'm far from being the ony one but we can expect a trade that include one - or more - D prospect because right now... IMO... we have too much of those to developping all of them properly.

I don't think we can put 5 or 6 young D again on the Dogs blueline. I know they are not the biggest problem riht now but this team will have to start to win someday and they have to hire more experienced players to move up in the standings.

I'm not sure that will be the case. We'll have to see, but we have a lot of UFA dmen right now and therefore spots that will need filling next year. If Beaulieu and Tinordi make the Habs full time next year, there should be plenty of space in Hamilton for the rest.

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Tinordi - UFA (e.g. Weaver)
Beaulieu

If the Habs decide they need to sign another UFA, things could get crowded. Then again, if they fail to sign Markov there will be plenty of ice time to go around.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Both on PTO, i guess the Habs are thrifty on contract spots.

yeah that's crazy. so if they don't acquit themselves well enough they're let go for nothing? wow.

I hope they're up to it. Especially Crispy. Though I doubt he won't be signed. Can't imagine him not being better than Nevins.

Analyzer*

Both on PTO, i guess the Habs are thrifty on contract spots.

I believe if they give either one an ELC the last 8 games would burn a year. I think they can sign them later and have the ELC start next season.

south of the border

Aug 31, 2012
Montreal has another year with Crisp, drafted in 2013.
Vail gambling on 8 game tryout for contract after posting pretty good numbers in OHL this year. Gotta love his confidence and guts...the kid is going for it!

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
yeah that's crazy. so if they don't acquit themselves well enough they're let go for nothing? wow.

I hope they're up to it. Especially Crispy. Though I doubt he won't be signed. Can't imagine him not being better than Nevins.

Vail has to sign this summer or else we lose his rights. We have another year for Crisp, I believe, since he was drafted in 2013.

Crisp could very well turn Pro though, but we still wouldn't lose his rights if he's not signed this summer.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
You can't burn a year of NHL contract by playing in the AHL on a PTO/ATO.

What he was saying (I think) was that if they signed Vail/Crisp to ELCs, there were enough games remaining to burn a year off that ELC. Which would explain why both got PTO.

One could also argue that they want to see more from them before committing to them with a contract.

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
What he was saying (I think) was that if they signed Vail/Crisp to ELCs, there were enough games remaining to burn a year off that ELC. Which would explain why both got PTO.

One could also argue that they want to see more from them before committing to them with a contract.

maybe I didnt answer correctly, but either way, you can sign them right now to their ELC and it wouldn't burn the first year of their contracts cause the contracts would be starting for the 2014-15 season.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
maybe I didnt answer correctly, but either way, you can sign them right now to their ELC and it wouldn't burn the first year of their contracts cause the contracts would be starting for the 2014-15 season.

You're more aware of those rules than anyone on here.

Do you know why then Kristo burned a year off his ELC last season? He played 9 games with the Dogs.

One could translate that to Crisp and Vail. If they had signed ELCs instead of PTOs, maybe it'd have burned a year of the ELC.

Could be that the rules are different for players coming from College?:help:

Analyzer*

You can't burn a year of NHL contract by playing in the AHL on a PTO/ATO.

I meant if they signed their ELC.

If they signed their ELC how would they be able to play in the AHL without burning a year of their ELC and not having signed a pto ?

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
You're more aware of those rules than anyone on here.

Do you know why then Kristo burned a year off his ELC last season? He played 9 games with the Dogs.

One could translate that to Crisp and Vail. If they had signed ELCs instead of PTOs, maybe it'd have burned a year of the ELC.

Could be that the rules are different for players coming from College?:help:
Starting on march 1st, there is the option to sign players to ELC that will be starting the next season, Kristo probably wanted that his contract starts for the current season and we accepted.

I meant if they signed their ELC.

If they signed their ELC how would they be able to play in the AHL without burning a year of their ELC and not having signed a pto ?
Since they would sign a contract starting for next season, they would join the Bulldogs on ATO. No burning first year of contract.

Also, since they are 19 y-o for the current season, their contracts would slide if we'd sign them to contracts starting now.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Starting on march 1st, there is the option to sign players to ELC that will be starting the next season, Kristo probably wanted that his contract starts for the current season and we accepted.

Since they would sign a contract starting for next season, they would join the Bulldogs on ATO. No burning first year of contract.

Also, since they are 19 y-o for the current season, their contracts would slide if we'd sign them to contracts starting now.

Even if they play 8 games this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad