Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2013-2014 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyzer*

The other one was at 1000 posts. Here's the last 4 posts.

And yet, still manages to keep relatively good NHL competition off the board and away from scoring chances at a very good pace. If Diaz were 6'3 and bruising, nobody would question his effectiveness. And let me remind you, playstyle !> effectiveness.

I just hate his incredible regression with the puck on his stick. My frustration mounts with him because, with the rest of the team, he's terrible along the boards. Combine that with an inability to hold the line, make an accurate hard shot or accurate hard pass in the offensive zone.. I just have little patience for him right now. Again, like I said, a situation compounded mainly by the overall ineptitude of our current D core.

Diaz isn't necessarily garbage, but i find him incredibly inconsistent in his offensive game. He actually reminds me a lot of Stephane Robidas when he first broke in with the Habs. He never did anything that really got on my nerves, but he also seemed pretty useless at the same time. That said, Robidas kept getting playing time, and little by little he improved, to the point where by the time he was about 30-31, he was a really decent d-man. I don't really feel like waiting that long for Diaz to improve though, especially with guys with more upside in the minors waiting for their shot.

Honestly i'm going to keep saying this til the cows come home: trade Diaz, and trade him like now when he's getting consistent ice-time and looking like a decent d-man. In the near future (like 1-2 years) i find it very hard to believe that he'll be part of our D corps. If we wait til then to trade him, we'll get far less than what we'd get now. This is how you improve a team for the future.

Yeah, his offensive regression has really baffled and enraged me this season. The guy will miss the easiest opportunities to put a good shot on net and his play in the offensive zone has been on the Gorges/Bouillon level thus far this season. I'd say that he's playing like a less gritty (or less prone to put himself in a situation where he needs to take a hit to make a play) right-handed Gorges these days which is not a bad thing if we manage to re-sign if for a fair price.

Dogs next game is Saturday I believe and then they're off until the 24th (?) when they play 3 games in 3 nights.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Regardless, he's not very good.

He was good enough to be drafted and play college hockey for three yrs, and forego becoming the teams capt. Before joining Hamilton, injuries have played a part in his development also, it's far too early to judge IMHO.:shakehead

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
He was good enough to be drafted and play college hockey for three yrs, and forego becoming the teams capt. Before joining Hamilton, injuries have played a part in his development also, it's far too early to judge IMHO.:shakehead

What? Quailer will be retired this time next year he's 25 this summer and has shown nothing to get an extension from us or a contract from any other team.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
What? Quailer will be retired this time next year he's 25 this summer and has shown nothing to get an extension from us or a contract from any other team.

Exactly. He's a fringe AHL'er. I remember in the lock-out year when the habs had their intra-squad pre-season scrimmage they didn't even bother calling him up at a time when it seemed like half the team got the call. To me, that was an indication of what they think of him.

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto

your eternal optimism gets a little ridiculous sometimes.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

He's done with us. Whether he improves in the future, is up to him if he can. But there's NO WAY with the guys coming next year that he has a job with us. I said for quite a long time now that this guy should have been sent in the ECHL. If anything, they screwed up the little development he had by not sending him in a league where he could have gained some offensive confidence. This is where this guy should be going this year.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Watched a movie yesterday and eared his named on the game the cast was watching. Dog Pound was the movie. Pretty cool!

Analyzer*

Dogs play tonight against the Utica Comets. Vancouver's farm team.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Wich prospects will start next season with the Dogs and who's leaving the current team?

In:

D-Thrower
D-Bennet
D-Nygren(back?)

F-Hudon
F-Nevins
F-Vail
F-Crisp(?)
F-Collberg(?)
F-DLR(?)
F-Lekhonen(?)
F-Bozon

Out:

D-Schiestel
D-Chouinard(?)
D-Beaulieu(MTL)
D-Tinordi(MTL)
D-Pateryn(MTL)

F-Tarnasky
F-Quailer
F-Owens
F-Macenauer(?)
F-Blunden(?)
F-St-Pierre(?)
F-Leblanc(MTL)

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Wich prospects will start next season with the Dogs and who's leaving the current team?

In:

D-Thrower
D-Bennet
D-Nygren(back?)

F-Hudon
F-Nevins
F-Vail
F-Crisp(?)
F-Collberg(?)
F-DLR(?)
F-Lekhonen(?)
F-Bozon

Out:

D-Schiestel
D-Chouinard(?)
D-Beaulieu(MTL)
D-Tinordi(MTL)
D-Pateryn(MTL)

F-Tarnasky
F-Quailer
F-Owens
F-Macenauer(?)
F-Blunden(?)
F-St-Pierre(?)
F-Leblanc(MTL)

I'm not sure nygren is coming back unless he is actually playing for the habs. I agree with everything else though.

Analyzer*

Blunden and St-Pierre where be there, or hopefully be there for AHL leadership and in St-Pierre's case, skill. Dogs will also need a protector and Tarnasky has done well in fighting and in scoring.

Leblanc, I believe will have to make the team, or else he'll have to go on waivers. In all likelihood Leblanc is either on the habs, or traded/waived and possibly claimed.

De La Rose could be in Windsor if he gets permission to.

Lehkonen likely stays in Finland.

Can't see Collberg coming over yet unless he proves that he would be our best forward down in the AHL and first to likely be called up.

Right now, I can only see 2 of Pateryn, Tinordi and Beaulieu making the habs. That could very well be knocked down to 1 giving that there are some decent fas available.

Crisp should be there. He's played well so far. I could see Nevins being sent to the ECHL.

Players I see being in the AHL next year.

Forwards:
Sven Andrighetto
Gabriel Dumont
Christian Thomas
Patrick Holland
Stefan Fournier*
Jack Nevins*
Charles Hudon
Tim Bozon
Brady Vail*
Connor Crisp*
Jacob De La Rose**
Louis Leblanc***

Defenseman:
Beaulieu/Pateryn/Tinordi
Beaulieu/Pateryn/Tinordi
Darren Dietz
Morgan Ellis
Dalton Thrower
Mac Bennett
Magnus Nygren (?)

Goalies
Dustin Tokarski
Robert Mayer

Should also be noted that Pateryn, Tokarski, Nattinen and Leblanc are all RFAs at season end a long with Delmas and Qualier.

* = Potential to be in the ECHL
** = Could be in the CHL
*** = Could be dealt/gone.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I'm not sure nygren is coming back unless he is actually playing for the habs. I agree with everything else though.

Maybe if Collberg and DLR goes to Hamilton he might change his mind, no? Anyway i'll take a stab at 2014-2015 bulldogs lineup.....

Collberg-St-Pierre-Andrighetto
Thomas-Nattinen-Holland
Hudon-DLR-Dumont
Courtnall-Vail-Fournier/Crisp/Bozon

I think Lekhonen remain in Finland one more year.

???-Nygren
Bennet-Ellis
Chouinard-Dietz
Thrower

Tokarski
Mayer

Does it make any sense?

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Blunden and St-Pierre where be there, or hopefully be there for AHL leadership and in St-Pierre's case, skill. Dogs will also need a protector and Tarnasky has done well in fighting and in scoring.

Leblanc, I believe will have to make the team, or else he'll have to go on waivers. In all likelihood Leblanc is either on the habs, or traded/waived and possibly claimed.

De La Rose could be in Windsor if he gets permission to.

Lehkonen likely stays in Finland.

Can't see Collberg coming over yet unless he proves that he would be our best forward down in the AHL and first to likely be called up.

Right now, I can only see 2 of Pateryn, Tinordi and Beaulieu making the habs. That could very well be knocked down to 1 giving that there are some decent fas available.

Crisp should be there. He's played well so far. I could see Nevins being sent to the ECHL.

Players I see being in the AHL next year.

Forwards:
Sven Andrighetto
Gabriel Dumont
Christian Thomas
Patrick Holland
Stefan Fournier*
Jack Nevins*
Charles Hudon
Tim Bozon
Brady Vail*
Connor Crisp*
Jacob De La Rose**
Louis Leblanc***

Defenseman:
Beaulieu/Pateryn/Tinordi
Beaulieu/Pateryn/Tinordi
Darren Dietz
Morgan Ellis
Dalton Thrower
Mac Bennett
Magnus Nygren (?)

Goalies
Dustin Tokarski
Robert Mayer

Should also be noted that Pateryn, Tokarski, Nattinen and Leblanc are all RFAs at season end a long with Delmas and Qualier.

* = Potential to be in the ECHL
** = Could be in the CHL
*** = Could be dealt/gone.

-I think Crisp might get that job next year no?
-You really think Collberg want to stay in Sweden playing under 10 min per games?
-Pateryn need to pass though waivers next year no?
-You don't think that DLR is already to good to play in the OHL?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
-I think Crisp might get that job next year no?
-You really think Collberg want to stay in Sweden playing under 10 min per games?
-Pateryn need to pass though waivers next year no?
-You don't think that DLR is already to good to play in the OHL?

- It'd be throwing Crisp into the wolves to have him be our goon at 20 years old. I agree with Analyzer that Tarnasky has done a good job in his role (especially compared to Stortini...) and he should be brought back. We don't want Crisp to get owned à la Andrew Conboy.
- It's up the management but based on what we saw at the WJC, his stint in Sweden is turning him into a more complete player. He's becoming responsible defensively, he's using his playmaking skills.
- Pateryn doesn't have to go through waivers because of the way his contract is structured. He signed a 2 year deal and won't have to go through waivers until his 3rd pro year IIRC.
- DLR could benefit from playing in the OHL to work on his offensive game. There's never been question marks on his NHL potential but at the draft scouts were wondering what is ceiling in the NHL was gonna be. Producing at a PPG pace could give him some confidence going forward.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
- It'd be throwing Crisp into the wolves to have him be our goon at 20 years old. I agree with Analyzer that Tarnasky has done a good job in his role (especially compared to Stortini...) and he should be brought back. We don't want Crisp to get owned à la Andrew Conboy.
- It's up the management but based on what we saw at the WJC, his stint in Sweden is turning him into a more complete player. He's becoming responsible defensively, he's using his playmaking skills.
- Pateryn doesn't have to go through waivers because of the way his contract is structured. He signed a 2 year deal and won't have to go through waivers until his 3rd pro year IIRC.
- DLR could benefit from playing in the OHL to work on his offensive game. There's never been question marks on his NHL potential but at the draft scouts were wondering what is ceiling in the NHL was gonna be. Producing at a PPG pace could give him some confidence going forward.

I agree with everything you said at the exception of Collberg staying in Sweden, I don't think playing him 7-8 minutes per games on the 4th line will make him a better player. He need 20 minutes per game to progress and become a threat offensively. He seem to be regressing since his draft year and I want him in NA to get the support and the icetime he badly need.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor

I will be super happy if DLR goes to windsor for a year I will get to watch him play all the time!

Analyzer*

I agree with everything you said at the exception of Collberg staying in Sweden, I don't think playing him 7-8 minutes per games on the 4th line will make him a better player. He need 20 minutes per game to progress and become a threat offensively.

I would like for Collberg to come over, but at the same time we can't really have an AHL team of all younger guys.

As for Pateryn having to pass through waivers, it seems he does, so he'll likely be the guy to get the spot unless he plays poorly.

24rings

Sep 9, 2002
mtl
Visit site
I will be super happy if DLR goes to windsor for a year I will get to watch him play all the time!

Athough he's proven he can play against men in the SHL, i think this would be good move. It gives him a chance to learn the north american without much pressure, honing his offensive skill playing top line minutes. I seriously dont see how he could regress, i see him more or less dominate and head into Hamilton the next year full of confidence and if he does well, getting called up to the big club later on in the year.

He's looking like a surefire nhl'er and im sure he'll be fine regardless if he stays in Sweden or goes to the A but i think playing in Windsor will only benefit him.

Analyzer*

Dogs lost. No points for anyone we care about.

Tokarski 2 goals on 33 shots.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal

In:

D-Thrower
D-Bennet
D-Nygren(back?)

Out:

D-Schiestel
D-Chouinard(?)
D-Beaulieu(MTL)
D-Tinordi(MTL)
D-Pateryn(MTL)

In attendance Friday was Montreal Canadiens director of player development Patrice Brisebois, a former Avalanche defenseman, who was checking up on DU junior defenseman Josiah Didier. The Littleton product was drafted by the Canadiens in 2011 and likely will join the long list of Pioneers to recently leave college early for a pro deal.

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_24294649/jim-montgomery-university-denver-hockey

This was in October. Obviously things change but there were rumblings of Didier foregoing his senior year and signing a deal. I can see it happen too as he's a very different kind of d-man than what is already on the farm.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
In attendance Friday was Montreal Canadiens director of player development Patrice Brisebois, a former Avalanche defenseman, who was checking up on DU junior defenseman Josiah Didier. The Littleton product was drafted by the Canadiens in 2011 and likely will join the long list of Pioneers to recently leave college early for a pro deal.

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_24294649/jim-montgomery-university-denver-hockey

This was in October. Obviously things change but there were rumblings of Didier foregoing his senior year and signing a deal. I can see it happen too as he's a very different kind of d-man than what is already on the farm.

Didier will bring a definite "Nasty Flavor" to the Bulldogs defence, as would Jake Chelios whose signing may coincide with Didier's, making a defence pairing with attitude. Bergevin's signing of LW Jack Nevins also shows the direction in which the Habs are heading. The inevitable influx of European prospects to Hamilton Bulldogs, means players like Nevins, Tarnasky, Fournier and possibly Quailer are also in the lineup to insure the well being of their smaller playmaking catalysts. Next season forwards Mike Blunden, Louis Leblanc and Joonas Naatinen will all have to clear waivers, make the Habs or be traded before losing them on the waiver wire.:shakehead

The promotion of Pateryn, Tinordi and Beaulieu is likely but not necessary(do not have to clear waivers) after the summer, the Bulldogs need for tough customers like Crisp and the forwards above can insure their development as well as the likes of Andrighetto, Hudon, Collberg, etc. Dalton Thrower, Mac Bennett, Josiah Didier joining Deitz, Ellis and possibly( Jake Chelios & Matt Murphy) giving the Bulldogs a much tougher veneer than anytime in recent memory for a Habs farm team.

If Beaulieu, Pateryn and Tinordi don't all graduate to the Habs, then the competition for defence positions in Hamilton will have the most talented group in my memory of Habs farm teams since the 70's. This bodes well for the future of the Habs on defence and the coming class of prospects from Bergevin's Entry Draft's with the Habs (except Galchenyuk) Collberg, De la Rose, Lehkonen, Crisp etc. looks extremely promising for their forward futures too.:handclap:

The Hamilton Bulldogs lineup will reflect the work the new regime has done, by this time next season. The Bulldogs will boast a very well balanced team with talent, character, leadership, toughness and an ethic based on hard teamwork. A no nonsense group with a strong "No Excuses Edict" desire to win it all (Calder Cup, AHL Supremacy).:handclap:

Optimism is free, doesn't cost you a penny and pessimism can cost a person everything including a winning attitude.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad