Post-Game Talk: Hamilton Bulldogs beat Colorado Avalanches 3-2!!!!

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
This needs to be seen again since the GDT closed

Thanks Blou! :laugh:

vfzI47Q.png

Verbatim, I swear ;)

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I do agree with your score on Tokarski...

Then I must admit my ignorance about hockey.
I tought Nygren played a really good game.
I did not see him ahead of Gilbert but he did very well.
I was even surprised with his physicality.

Maybe I am alone but to me Nygren was a tiny bit better than Tinordi and both were better than Beaulieu.
We saw about two or three good moves by Beaulieu but the rest of the game he was invisible.

Is there an agenda here?

Be honest guys, do you really saw Nygren as a 6.5?
The does not jive.

No agenda, he simply did not perform as well in his own zone as elsewhere. Got stuck behind his own net a couple of times and didn't do anything extra-ordinary on offense.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
The rookie race is over. We know the winners now.
Let's send all the young guys back to their club, and start the real camp.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
I don't feel comfortable with Tinordi or Pateryn. I don't think they handle the puck quickly enough. I think they will do well to master the AHL. As for Nygren, he may be behind them. But since I haven't seen enough of him, and since he's still adjusting to North American ice, I don't yet know if he's ready or not. That's why I have him ahead. But the fact that MT isn't giving him that many opportunities, especially on the PP makes me think MT and Bergevin have him behind Pateryn and Tinordi.
I see Nygren ahead.
I was impressed with his defensive play.
He can be physical also.

Apr 28, 2010
The rookie race is over. We know the winners now.
Let's send all the young guys back to their club, and start the real camp.

Agreed. Maybe just keep Ghetto, DLR for awhile and that's it. Sekac will be on opening night for sure anyway.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I must be missing something because I though nygren was one of the worst players out there tonight.

He was lost in his own end, and bouillon didn't help, but he has a long ways to go IMO

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I must be missing something because I though nygren was one of the worst players out there tonight.

He was lost in his own end, and bouillon didn't help, but he has a long ways to go IMO

nah, wasnt really a fan either

dietz stood out much more, coupled with the fact theres 0 room for him lol..

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

The pairing of Nygren and Bouillon kept getting bogged down deep in their zone. I'll need to review video to parse who was responsible for what.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
Just saw the highlights of the game on RDS.ca, and saw that Bouillon was on the the ice for both Avalanche goals.
Hopefully that's enough evidence for MB to say bye bye to Boo Boo.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I see Nygren ahead.
I was impressed with his defensive play.
He can be physical also.

Are we really watching the same games and scrimmages? Out of all the defensemen who have played in the preseason for us thus far, Nygren is in my bottom-3 alongside Finley (the only one that has been a real pylon) and Bouillon.

Nygren has a booming shot and the physical tools to succeed, sure, but I have yet to see him exhibit with any consistency at all any real skill or awareness, both defensively or offensively, aside from his decent physical play along the boards and sometimes smart pokecheck. There have been small flashes here and there, don't get me wrong; a strong play along the boards followed by a good breakup in the defensive zone, a tape-to-tape pass leading the breakout, nice gap control funneling an Avs player, and other such things, but they have been much too few and far between. He just has not been anywhere near as good as most of our other defensemen have been. Drewiskie, for that reason, has played much better from the little we have seen of him this preseason.

Nygren's passes have been erratic most of the time and either too hard or too soft (kinda like Tinordi in that aspect) when made, making their reception difficult (or impossible in the case of a turnover) and stimying our transition because our forwards often need to slow down or even stop entirely to receive his passes. His positioning hasn't been too bad offensively, but it has been massively overshadowed compared to a guy like Beaulieu, who has really shined the last two games. On the powerplay he was very average at distributing the puck and has not really attempted to make use of his best asset: his shot. His reads have also been so-so most of the times concerning his pinches.

Defensively, Nygren has had trouble handling forecheck (like many other others) and made, in my eyes, noticeably more ''bad'' plays and reads than almost every defenseman at camp (excepting Finley).

Anyways, I really wasn't impressed with his play in the pre-season

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
But the fact that MT isn't giving him that many opportunities, especially on the PP makes me think MT and Bergevin have him behind Pateryn and Tinordi.

Yes, and he is part of the B group also.

I don't see anything from Nygren right now that puts him in front of Pat or Tinny. The guy should really pile up on his ego and go to Hamilton to learn NHL hockey

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
To me I don't really see anyone leaping ahead right now (I think every thing could still change with the next games) all of them bring something different, I rather they start the year in the AHL getting lot of ice time as long as we don't sign bouillon

One of Beaulieu or Tinordi will make the team, Drewiskie will be the 7th

Beaulieu: great straight away speed and explosive skater, but bad edge work which causes some issue with positionning

Nygren: poised, as all the tools, seem the most confortable handling and making play with the puck but lack consistency or maybe need some time to adapt to NA hockey

Tinordi: size, poised but decision making and first step aren't fast enough yet also he could gain more mass for such a big guy he is thin.

Pateryn: more even keeled 2 way no major weaknes, maybe less athletic ability

Diezt: I think he as the all the tools just need time to ,mature and pull it together

Drewiskie: lack foot speed, doesn't have much potential, isn't flash but get the job done effectively, need to clear waiver I rather have him sit in the presse box than a Prospect above

Last edited:

PricePkPatch*

NHL.com doesn't have the boxscore. Someone can provide count of goals and assists?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad