Hamilton Bulldogs 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Wow, the building was crazy tonight.

What an effort by the boys against a very strong Windsor team.

So glad that Morrison got MVP. A lot of other players get the press and he just does his thing game after game at both ends of the rink.

When Arber Xhekaj sticks to playing hockey is a force to be reckoned with.

I thought that Humphey and Patrick Thomas played really solid games after not having a great series.

Getting to see Kammerer come onto the bench with a minute left and see his teammates reaction made everything worth while. I feel so bad for that kid. Glad that he got to have that moment.

I'm exhausted and going to bed...

Hockeyguy999

Feb 19, 2022
Champs!!! Wow that was a picture perfect night.

Wow, the building was crazy tonight.

What an effort by the boys against a very strong Windsor team.

So glad that Morrison got MVP. A lot of other players get the press and he just does his thing game after game at both ends of the rink.

When Arber Xhekaj sticks to playing hockey is a force to be reckoned with.

I thought that Humphey and Patrick Thomas played really solid games after not having a great series.

Getting to see Kammerer come onto the bench with a minute left and see his teammates reaction made everything worth while. I feel so bad for that kid. Glad that he got to have that moment.

I'm exhausted and going to bed...
Completely agree on all your points. Morrison proved himself as the best player in the league by line matching Johnston every single shift and outplaying him. Some depth guys had big time games and the team defence. Really sucks for kammerer that he was forced to watch these games. Character and team first player right there. Constantini had a rough series but came up big when we needed him most. Congrats to everyone, great season and now off to Saint John.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
What a crowd, what a performance, what a game. Completely stonewalled Windsor's offense, finally figured out their aggressive "Don't let the opponent sit in their own end and get setup" and just out worked and out grinded them.

Probably the cleanest game of the series, especially with Perrott trying several times to draw a call. So glad to see Hayes get the monkey off his back after not scoring through the entire series and netting that Hat Trick. A true thing of beauty.

Kudos to all the Windsor fans that made the drive out.

CHAMPS BABY! Now go get the Memorial!

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Just wanted to say congrats. That's a helluva team you have and you should be proud! Made it to the rink tonight and, for the most part, it was good. I was hoping it'd be a much closer game but not much I can do there. Had some good comments on my jersey, people were polite, and workers were hospitable. There were a bunch of hecklers on the way out (including, so I'm told, an older man who was heckling a crying kid. I wish I was joking on that), but overall a solid experience. LOL one guy near us said "Windsor's full of drugs, isn't it?" I said "Hamilton is full of pot holes. I'd rather have the pot." I actually love Hamilton, in general, as I have family there. Aside from a few yahoos at the end, and the loss, it was a good experience.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Incredible season. May go down as the best dogs team to ever do it.

4 wins to go and they get all the trophies! Lets go dogs!

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Just wanted to say congrats. That's a helluva team you have and you should be proud! Made it to the rink tonight and, for the most part, it was good. I was hoping it'd be a much closer game but not much I can do there. Had some good comments on my jersey, people were polite, and workers were hospitable. There were a bunch of hecklers on the way out (including, so I'm told, an older man who was heckling a crying kid. I wish I was joking on that), but overall a solid experience. LOL one guy near us said "Windsor's full of drugs, isn't it?" I said "Hamilton is full of pot holes. I'd rather have the pot." I actually love Hamilton, in general, as I have family there. Aside from a few yahoos at the end, and the loss, it was a good experience.

Your always going to have a few assholes that spoil it for the collective. Unfortunate about the old guy heckling the kid, if true. It's only a game, people need to grow up.

And yes, Hamilton is full of fuggin' potholes, lucky you didn't go down Barton St. Big enough ones there to sink the Titanic.

Personally, I enjoy going to Windsor when I can as I have relatives down there.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Congrats on a great season and playoff run. Congrats to the Dogs for winning the OHL Championship.

Good luck at the Memorial Cup.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
the fan didn’t think Hamilton is full of drugs that is laughable.

Reactions: barriers

OHL Prophet

Nov 17, 2021
Congratulations Hamilton. Best of luck down East, bring the Memorial Cup to the OHL. Steve Staios deserves a tonne of credit. He did what most the other contenders refused to do and pulled the trigger when needed. One could argue that 7-8 other teams could have won had they added Xhekaj and McTavish.

Last edited:

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Congratulations Hamilton. Best of luck down East, bring the Memorial Cup to the OHL. Steve Staios deserves a tone of credit. He did what most the other contenders refused to do and pulled the trigger when needed. One could argue that 7-8 other teams could have won had they added Xhekaj and McTavish.

Completely agree.

I actually think that Xhekaj was the biggest add for them, but both guys sure made a difference.

People also forget that Ryan Winterton didn't play til Christmas because of injury, so Hamilton basically added him at the deadline as well which made a good team a great team.

Hockeyguy999

Feb 19, 2022
It’s never gotten talked about, but the decisions to trade mutter and Romeo were huge in winning. I don’t want to be too harsh but both of those guys did more negative than positive things on the ice and put the team short handed a crazy amount. Xhekaj has discipline issues as well but he’s also a great hockey player who helps the team so much when he’s on the ice.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
It’s never gotten talked about, but the decisions to trade mutter and Romeo were huge in winning. I don’t want to be too harsh but both of those guys did more negative than positive things on the ice and put the team short handed a crazy amount. Xhekaj has discipline issues as well but he’s also a great hockey player who helps the team so much when he’s on the ice.
Funny thing I noticed last night - Romeo was on the ice in plain clothes for the celebration.

Reactions: Helvigster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad