Hamilton Bulldogs 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Bulldogs did themselves proud in the Memorial Cup. Helluva season. Hold your heads high lads.

Just an aside : thought it was trailer trash bush league to announce the parade with a minute and change left in game. Could have made the announcement after the game ended.

Ya, totally agree. Should have handed out hats after the handshake too.

The boys just didn't have it tonight. Still very proud of them and the season that they had.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Bulldogs did themselves proud in the Memorial Cup. Helluva season. Hold your heads high lads.

Just an aside : thought it was trailer trash bush league to announce the parade with a minute and change left in game. Could have made the announcement after the game ended.
That definitely left a sour taste. Obviously no one was going to leave the building but Hamilton fans, no need to announce until after the game.

Hats should've been handed out after they shook the last Bulldog hand in line.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
That definitely left a sour taste. Obviously no one was going to leave the building but Hamilton fans, no need to announce until after the game.

Hats should've been handed out after they shook the last Bulldog hand in line.
Were they worried that people wouldn’t hear about the parade if they didn’t announce it when they did?
How big is Saint John?
Do they not have social media there?:rolleyes:

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Were they worried that people wouldn’t hear about the parade if they didn’t announce it when they did?
How big is Saint John?
Do they not have social media there?:rolleyes:
Or they could’ve put a graphic on the video board. I’m pretty sure people in St John can read, even if they have an English/French translation.

Hockeyguy999

Feb 19, 2022
Hell of a year. 10 months in the making. They won the goalie battle tonight but that’s hockey. We wouldn’t be here without ours. There’s zero doubt in my mind that we were the best team in Canada, but Saint John had some big advantages over every team in this tournament and it showed. Still, nice to finish the tournament atop all the teams who earned their way here through 4 playoff rounds of blood, sweat and tears.

So classless to announce the parade before the game was over.

This Hamilton team should be very proud. They very well could go down as the best team in franchise history.

Not sure who will be back next year, but it’ll likely be a tough season.

Reactions: Hammer9001

Earlofpoundcake

Sep 22, 2018
Oh suck it up. Hamilton players looked completely disingenuous shaking hands. Staois just shaking his head the entire time. And McTavish split before the MVP was announced. Talk about classless.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Oh suck it up. Hamilton players looked completely disingenuous shaking hands. Staois just shaking his head the entire time. And McTavish split before the MVP was announced. Talk about classless.
Keep your salt on the Windsor board. You’re literally knocking the player who was the last to leave, and we’ll after the owner tried encouraging the last few to leave.

Hockeyguy999

Feb 19, 2022
Some of these comments… some people will try to grasp at straws and come up with the most idiotic comments.

Hamilton won the OHL and defeated the other champions across the CHL. Saint John failed to win a single playoff round.
Both came from jealous Windsor fans. I wish they had the class that @OHLTG has. He’s been nothing but respectful on an opposing teams page.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
The Bulldogs were the last team standing, among those who EARNED their way into this tournament. I've always felt that a host team who bowed out in the first round had an advantage due to being rested and injury free. A host team victory must be a bit like a trip to a brothel. You get a measure of satisfaction....but you sure as hell had to buy it.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Both came from jealous Windsor fans. I wish they had the class that @OHLTG has. He’s been nothing but respectful on an opposing teams page.

The city of hamilton is very close to me (family) and the Spits have been on the losing end before. It's not fun. No need for sideways jabs in this situation. Doesn't help anyone. That said, looking back at the posts, Devin's not a Spits fan. I think he's from Barrie?!

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
lol

yeah eventually.

After being the best team in the reg season, winning the east, winning the OHL and then knocking out two other leagues champions they lose to a team that had more rest than almost any team in tournament history.
Erie knows the feeling. Great season, though tournament layout

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
lol

yeah eventually.

After being the best team in the reg season, winning the east, winning the OHL and then knocking out two other leagues champions they lose to a team that had more rest than almost any team in tournament history.
Rest? When you’re 18 years old all it takes is a 7 hour sleep and you’re back to business.

With the exception of recovering from an injury… if you’re going to say it’s because Hamilton is just tired then I don’t buy it

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Congrats to the Bulldogs, but they were not near as dominant as expected and came back to earth against Windsor. Mem Cup they had a rough time. It is unfortunate you trade for the big run and it doesn't turn out as expected.

I would like to say the Shawinigan Cataracts were a big surprise. 7th in the QMJHL standings, won league championship and lost in OT to Hamilton in the semis.

Edmonton to me was a disappointment.

On to next year's tournament.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Nobody is saying they were just tired. After a long playoff run none of the players are 100%. Some can't even get on the ice (Kammerer) and some definitely shouldn't but did anyway (Staios). Everyone is nursing something. And then Saint John waltzes in 100% healthy...

That's what everyone is talking about.

By the way, Hamilton built a team of good players. Nobody cares what round they were drafted in.

Hockeyguy999

Feb 19, 2022
Rest? When you’re 18 years old all it takes is a 7 hour sleep and you’re back to business.

With the exception of recovering from an injury… if you’re going to say it’s because Hamilton is just tired then I don’t buy it
Rest is something your team in Barrie should be very familiar with after severely underachieving and flaming out in the first round to Mississauga… get out of here.

Congrats to the Bulldogs, but they were not near as dominant as expected and came back to earth against Windsor. Mem Cup they had a rough time. It is unfortunate you trade for the big run and it doesn't turn out as expected.

I would like to say the Shawinigan Cataracts were a big surprise. 7th in the QMJHL standings, won league championship and lost in OT to Hamilton in the semis.

Edmonton to me was a disappointment.

On to next year's tournament.
What a terrible analysis. I’m pretty sure Hamilton’s trades were worth it. League champions and came atop all the true champions at the tournament.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Congrats on a successful season. OHL Champs. There's no shame in enduring 4 rounds of the playoffs, earning those 16 wins and being crowned Champs. Personally, I don't like to see a Memorial Cup champ that has not done the same even if they are a very good team. You guys brought an exciting brand of hockey for all OHL fans to enjoy. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad